Slash slaughters Star Spangled Banner and nobody cares?

Damn Smooth is just trolling (and he's bad at it).

Here's another link to the same performance from the audience's perspective. If you think this is butchering a song you have a hearing problem.

Sounds great. He also looks in good mood.

The guy isn't american, isn't a good player and obviously doesn't seem to be proud. Chances are IT SUCKS!

There should be 2 laws in order to play the national anthem: be damn proud of it and be one hell of a player.

Terribly awful. The worst. The Axl Rose of the renditions of the USA anthem.

You know, in hindsight... the fact we didn't lock or remove this on the first page was a mistake.

This was exactly the sort of trolling we said we'd work hard to stamp out when we merged the sections (it goes for the DJ thread that Gunns started too, to be honest), and this one is still going 9 pages later.

I'm aware no rules were really broken, but the original title of the thread was "DJ Snr", not "Slash"... it's clear what the intention of the thread was, and I'm sorry we let it stretch out so long.

I hope people understand where I'm coming from when I say that this isn't the sort of environment we want to foster here. If you're making a thread or post to deliberately get a rise out of people, please reconsider hitting the "post" button.

• Like 2