Slash slaughters Star Spangled Banner and nobody cares?

i don't get the point of this thread. it's well known slash used to be a sloppy guitar player. he's not above criticism but there are a lot of better examples of his sloppines IMO. comparing him to dj is really idiotic since the only thing they have in common is that both played with axl. they are from completely different generations and schools. also, while dj's main focus is his business (his own words), slash is always recording, releasing music and doing stuff related to guitar. i'll watch axl rose disaster series to feel better, i'm butthurt now.

It's OK, You don't get the point of most things. This isn't "used to be sloppy", this is sloppy from 2 days ago. At least you can acknowledge that you're butthurt, I'm proud of you for that. Enjoy your disaster videos. Make sure you pay special attention to DJ's recent SCOM from Golden Gods so you'll finally be able to understand why this particular thread draws a perfect comparison between the two. Cheers.

No, I get the point of most things. This one is the only I'm struggling. I wonder why. DJ's SCOM made me able to understand lots of things, specially how great Slash is compared to him. :)

Overlooking your blatant lying about your ability to understand things, the point is that Slash's shit performance here is as big of an embarrassment for Slash as SCOM is for DJ. Not sure how much simpler you need things broken down for you. You need me to help you come to the realization that being better than DJ is comparable to winning the Special Olympics too?

The USA anthem is shit anyway. :lol:

No excuse to shitten it up more.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Has nothing to do with it being Slash and everything to do with it being an absolute shit version of an already shitty song. It could be any other guitar player on earth and it wouldn't stop it from being a whole world of shit by itself.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I thought it was just a yawner. Wouldn't say he "slaughtered" it rather he just played it really boring. Atleast they asked him and he did it. Has LA even asked Axl/TB and would he have balls to do it (and TB's permission)?

Edited by Snowmass

What the shit was that??? I know it's a crap song to begin with, but seriously here, every YouTuber that has ever played it has done better. Including DJ jr.

Listen to the announcer, and the crowd in the background, that's soundboard audio.

Even your precious DJ would sound like that performing it if the feed was via soundboard on the video.

I'll bet it sounded killer in the arena.

Nice thread though, you even got to say "butthurt". Tee hee.

http://youtu.be/Oh3r_ZPsSX4

What the shit was that??? I know it's a crap song to begin with, but seriously here, every YouTuber that has ever played it has done better. Including DJ jr.

Listen to the announcer, and the crowd in the background, that's soundboard audio.

Even your precious DJ would sound like that performing it if the feed was via soundboard on the video.

I'll bet it sounded killer in the arena.

Nice thread though, you even got to say "butthurt". Tee hee.

Funny. If DJ or Bubble or Fortus woulda done it (they'd never be asked because you have to have done something deserving to be asked) half the crowd....make that 95% of crowd woulda said "cool....another beer before game starts".

i don't get the point of this thread. it's well known slash used to be a sloppy guitar player. he's not above criticism but there are a lot of better examples of his sloppines IMO. comparing him to dj is really idiotic since the only thing they have in common is that both played with axl. they are from completely different generations and schools. also, while dj's main focus is his business (his own words), slash is always recording, releasing music and doing stuff related to guitar. i'll watch axl rose disaster series to feel better, i'm butthurt now.

It's OK, You don't get the point of most things. This isn't "used to be sloppy", this is sloppy from 2 days ago. At least you can acknowledge that you're butthurt, I'm proud of you for that. Enjoy your disaster videos. Make sure you pay special attention to DJ's recent SCOM from Golden Gods so you'll finally be able to understand why this particular thread draws a perfect comparison between the two. Cheers.

No, I get the point of most things. This one is the only I'm struggling. I wonder why. DJ's SCOM made me able to understand lots of things, specially how great Slash is compared to him. :)

Overlooking your blatant lying about your ability to understand things, the point is that Slash's shit performance here is as big of an embarrassment for Slash as SCOM is for DJ. Not sure how much simpler you need things broken down for you. You need me to help you come to the realization that being better than DJ is comparable to winning the Special Olympics too?

The USA anthem is shit anyway. :lol:

No excuse to shitten it up more.

No, SCOM was out of tune, DJ had the opportunity to start again, restart it using other strings (not sure if he's able to do that), it's even more embarassing when you stop to think he actually kept on going like there was nothing wrong :lol:

Slash's performance was meh, I have no problem admitting it and seems to be the general consensus. You're the one making it a big deal because you want to cupcake the Slash fans.

Being better than DJ is nothing. DJ shouldn't even be included in this discussion, you decided to call Slash "DJ Senior" or some stupid shit like that, adding him to the discussion. You can thank the mods for changing that for you.

I'm not even a Slash fan. His Paulino Rubio song is embarassing. This is boring and average, like his solo carreer. He's still a rock icon, admired and respected by pretty much everyone in the business.

I liked "quiet" DS more, by the way.