Slash slaughters Star Spangled Banner and nobody cares?

While I laughed at the "DJ Sr" thing, I changed the title of the thread. No need to openly troll Slash fans with a thread title.

edit-

Just took a listen to it and it didn't seem horrible to me. Different strokes I guess.

It wasn't that bad. His guitar sounded bad, but he didn't do anything fancy with it and I like that. So many people use it as an ability to show off. Play the song and get the fuck out. They're not here for you or that song. Everybody is pro-America for 2 minutes, but they want hockey.

• Like 1

I still find it amusing that this happens at every single game. Star Spangled Banner is kind'a shit anyway, and it's never sounded good on guitar.

It isn't as bad as cramming America the Beautiful into the 7th inning stretch of baseball post-9/11. National anthem was fine, don't make us put off "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." It's horseshit.

i don't get the point of this thread. it's well known slash used to be a sloppy guitar player. he's not above criticism but there are a lot of better examples of his sloppines IMO. comparing him to dj is really idiotic since the only thing they have in common is that both played with axl. they are from completely different generations and schools. also, while dj's main focus is his business (his own words), slash is always recording, releasing music and doing stuff related to guitar. i'll watch axl rose disaster series to feel better, i'm butthurt now.

Edited by ProstituteComa

i don't get the point of this thread. it's well known slash used to be a sloppy guitar player. he's not above criticism but there are a lot of better examples of his sloppines IMO. comparing him to dj is really idiotic since the only thing they have in common is that both played with axl. they are from completely different generations and schools. also, while dj's main focus is his business (his own words), slash is always recording, releasing music and doing stuff related to guitar. i'll watch axl rose disaster series to feel better, i'm butthurt now.

It's OK, You don't get the point of most things. This isn't "used to be sloppy", this is sloppy from 2 days ago. At least you can acknowledge that you're butthurt, I'm proud of you for that. Enjoy your disaster videos. Make sure you pay special attention to DJ's recent SCOM from Golden Gods so you'll finally be able to understand why this particular thread draws a perfect comparison between the two. Cheers.

It's OK, You don't get the point of most things. This isn't "used to be sloppy", this is sloppy from 2 days ago. At least you can acknowledge that you're butthurt, I'm proud of you for that. Enjoy your disaster videos. Make sure you pay special attention to DJ's recent SCOM from Golden Gods so you'll finally be able to understand why this particular thread draws a perfect comparison between the two. Cheers.

No, I get the point of most things. This one is the only I'm struggling. I wonder why. DJ's SCOM made me able to understand lots of things, specially how great Slash is compared to him. :)