If Ron leaves would you want Izzy to re-join GNR?

could that work?

With say Fortus and Dj on leads and Izzy on rthymn?

Then the next GNR album could have some Izzy Stradlin songs?

What do you think?

That would be much better without DJ.

Also, no. I want Izzy in the real Guns n' Roses. Not in this unproductive mess.

And yes, I consider him instrumental in the classic GnR songwriting process. But I don't see that working with all the overproduced stuff GnR is doing now. There's no need for people like Pitman on an Izzy song. Their power is in their simplicity, and you don't need an 8-man band for that.

To me Dj is the Slash, he brings a more commercial sound. It's a different commercial sound of Sixx am etc and people don't like that necessarily. Fortus is more classy and could be the Ron Wood to Izzy's Keef.

could that work?

What do you think?

I don't think any band should depend upon Izzy as a touring musician. That being said, I think if would be great if he would help Axl write songs for GN'R. He could be a writer and studio musician. But touring musician, nah, I don't think that would work, unfortunately.

And I want him back in the band in a writing capacity regardless of whether Bumblefoot leaves or not.

Izzy was pretty dependable as a touring musician. He was always there hours before the show? I know he doesn't dance around as much, but he has a presence and the songs would be a solid foundation for a record. He may not want his songs pumped up into stadium anthems though. Izzy wrote the cords for SCOM, YCBM, Don't Cry, Patience, Nightrain, Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Think About You, 14 Years, Dust N Bones? And went on to churn out similar stuff for his 10 solo records.

1. Dj and Axl song (High octane soaring guitars, This is Gonna Hurt etc.)

2. Tommy song (Motivation type song/Ron shredding all over it to annoy Tommy, song title idea: Booze Motel)

3. Izzy/Axl song (YCBM type rocker, they need one, Shackler's was too advance for the farmer's market)

4. Axl/Izzy song (gothic Patience/mid era Stones type acoustic)

5. Fortus song (Venus in Furs meets Hotel California)

6. Dizzy Reed introducin' Won't Be No Water Again

7. Axl epic (Atlas Shrugged, Ides of March)

repeat for side 2, maybe add some Pitman synth "Fanta Mixer" hip hop anthems.

Edited by wasted

could that work?

What do you think?

I don't think any band should depend upon Izzy as a touring musician. That being said, I think if would be great if he would help Axl write songs for GN'R. He could be a writer and studio musician. But touring musician, nah, I don't think that would work, unfortunately.

And I want him back in the band in a writing capacity regardless of whether Bumblefoot leaves or not.

Izzy was pretty dependable as a touring musician. He was always there hours before the show? I know he doesn't dance around as much, but he has a presence and the songs would be a solid foundation for a record. He may not want his songs pumped up into stadium anthems though. Izzy wrote the cords for SCOM, YCBM, Don't Cry, Patience, Nightrain, Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Think About You, 14 Years, Dust N Bones? And went on to churn out similar stuff for his 10 solo records.

2. Tommy song (Motivation type song/Ron shredding all over it to annoy Tommy, song title idea: Booze Motel)

3. Izzy/Axl song (YCBM type rocker, they need one, Shackler's was too advance for the farmer's market)

I'd buy that album

It would be so cool to have Izzy back, but I doubt Izzy would want to return to GNR. He left when GNR got too big, so I doubt he'd want to return to do it all over again.

Considering NuGuns can't fill arenas anymore I don't think he needs to worry about them being too big now........... :P

All kidding aside I can't see Izzy ever joining a band full-time again. Sure he may guest with Axl to make some easy money but full time in NuGnR? can't see it happening................

I'd rather no one joins and the touring ends. If he wastes a guy as talented as BBF for six years why bother bringing anyone new in.

you know what will happen, Ron will leave then they will release the album with his guitar parts on it. Then a new guy will be brought in to play them live.

could that work?

What do you think?

I'd buy that album

and considering Dj probably has already done a couple songs, Tommy could have (I'd take Goin' Down with Axl on vocals), Izzy is a fountain he probably has about 10 songs going right now. Fortus seems to have done stuff while they were doing CD, Axl has material, it does seem completely insane to think they have a record virtually done. Hopefully Izzy is broke enough to have to do it. He's probably set though.

Axl can't even get a record out with BBF playing Bucket's parts, it seems too complicated for Axl to tinker through so god help him if BBF has original parts on any recent stuff and a new guy comes in, it'll set Axl back about 15 years.

Edited by RandallFlagg

No Izzy is the rhythm player for GnR no question but they need a virtuoso gun slinger to replace Bumble if he chooses to go. No one in the band right now could handle the parts Ron plays. the could play something over the riffs but they couldn't replicate it... Richard is amazing but he couldn't play Shacklers... I know it's one song but I'm sure there's more parts like that, that are just out of the other players reach.

Izzy should not be dismissed though, a rhythm guitar player is the backbone alongside the drummer and bass, it's not the most showy job but it is what sets the vibe of a song and I think Izzy would bring some good influence back into the band. Izzy can't really solo though, he's good at some slow blues and things but he's not really a rock guitarist in the usual sense.

I'd like to see Izzy and Duff write songs with the band, as well as bring Dave Kushner into it - I'm just talking about on their own time and demos for the band to work on - I'd be curious to hear a song written by Duff, Izzy and Tommy. I also think Richard and Frank's past with Psychedelic Furs should also be brought into GNR even if it doesn't seem like it would work. They could have Paul Westerberg and Richard Butler contributing songs. Throw in Bernie Taupin and Jeff Lynne, too.

Our best chance short term (15 years) is Down By The Ocean. Would love to have Izzy and Duff write some song ideas for Axl to tinker with in the studio. Maybe he'll like it kinda like Down By The Ocean. When did he first mention This I Love? 1993? yep.

Edited by Rovim

If Izzy and Duff are going to write songs with Axl that would pretty much mean the end of NuGNR wouldn't it? Might as well have a reunion in that case Yes?........... :shrugs:

It certainly would be a reunion with them, if you catch my drift. In addition it wouldn't have to mean that Izzy and Duff would tour. GN'R has always had a set of musicians that have helped write songs, and a touring lineup that has been the front of the band.

If Izzy and Duff are going to write songs with Axl that would pretty much mean the end of NuGNR wouldn't it? Might as well have a reunion in that case Yes?........... :shrugs:

It certainly would be a reunion with them, if you catch my drift. In addition it wouldn't have to mean that Izzy and Duff would tour. GN'R has always had a set of musicians that have helped write songs, and a touring lineup that has been the front of the band.

So what you are saying is NuGuns are really just Axl's backing musicians and it is not really a band in the classic sense? Not trying to be a dick but if they are just his touring lineup it pretty much blows the idea that NuGuns is a real band and not just a bunch of hired hands which goes against what we have been led to believe the current band is about...........

JMO opinion but I don't see Izzy, Duff and Axl being on the same page musically these days....Izzy seems to be more in line with Duff and Slash's musical direction based on all their solo stuff while Axl wants something more complex as in ChiDem................ :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

I don't get the "need a virtuoso" guitarist in GNR...for what, one song? (Shacklers Revenge)

I don't think too many people would lose much sleep if Shacklers was never played live again.

I don't think too many people outside this forum would even notice Bumble was no longer in the band even if they did play Shackler's or whatever other song people feel Bumble is essential to play on................... :shrugs:

I don't get the "need a virtuoso" guitarist in GNR...for what, one song? (Shacklers Revenge)

I don't think too many people would lose much sleep if Shacklers was never played live again.

I don't think too many people outside this forum would even notice Bumble was no longer in the band even if they did play Shackler's or whatever other song people feel Bumble is essential to play on................... :shrugs:

Pretty much.

Axl can't even get a record out with BBF playing Bucket's parts, it seems too complicated for Axl to tinker through so god help him if BBF has original parts on any recent stuff and a new guy comes in, it'll set Axl back about 15 years.

Well it seems Axl is still focused on CD II. By the time that gets toured, then it would be time to consider making a new record. Ron probably has parts on CD II, Dj a couple of songs, Fortus couple of songs, bits of Bucket n Finck maybe. Marty we have to go back they didn't release CD II!!!