If Ron leaves would you want Izzy to re-join GNR?

You won't need a rhythm guitarist, you'll need a lead guitarist. In a live setting, Izzy is the least important key -- unless you want to consider the nostalgia of having him on stage with Axl. I mean, that's great for a few shows but at the same time, it's unimportant.

I will always prefer "That new guitarist killed that solo! Really awesome!" instead of "Axl was in good mood and joking a lot, it must be the presence of Izzy in the band!". I don't know. :shrugs:

You won't need a rhythm guitarist, you'll need a lead guitarist. In a live setting, Izzy is the least important key -- unless you want to consider the nostalgia of having him on stage with Axl. I mean, that's great for a few shows but at the same time, it's unimportant.

I will always prefer "That new guitarist killed that solo! Really awesome!" instead of "Axl was in good mood and joking a lot, it must be the presence of Izzy in the band!". I don't know. :shrugs:

Do they really need another lead guitarist? I think giving Fortus more lead would be awesome..

Is there anyone out there that would realistically join the band, who is gona be better then fortus?

He'd definitely change the vibe more than anything, I agree. But then again, another lead guitarist might give Richard less solos, which I'm not sure I'm down for :P

Do they really need another lead guitarist? I think giving Fortus more lead would be awesome..

Is there anyone out there that would realistically join the band, who is gona be better then fortus?

Exactly! Having a solid rhythm guitarist would be pretty sick.

I've always dreamed of an Axl n Izzy band, it would like the latter day Stones touring band. Izzy would have his Keef spot in the show where he'd play Think About You, Patience and 14 Years or Pressure Drop.

They could do album an like Some Girls, Black and Blue and Undercover-in-1.

• Like 1

izzy is too smart for nugnr

I get this feeling.

Personally I find it incredibly hard to have any enthusiasm for this band with Ashba in the lineup...Duff and Izzy could both rejoin fulltime but you'd still have the unsightly blemish on the face of GNR that is DJ Ashba.

Unless he's bringing Slash, Duff and Steven and Axl cans everyone else, I have no interest in Izzy coming back to get buried in the mix and have to play second fiddle to a twonk like Ashba.

Edited by Johnny Drama

I just think a few Izzy songs wouldn't go a miss and Izzy probably would work better with Fortus than Slash. Izzy N Fortus could be the new Keef n Ronnie.

Dj will probably work great on Axl's songs. He has a gothic horror sensibility. His solos seem perfect for Axl's piano ballads.

Edited by wasted

Unless he's bringing Slash, Duff and Steven and Axl cans everyone else, I have no interest in Izzy coming back to get buried in the mix and have to play second fiddle to a twonk like Ashba.

That's what I meant, but you said it way better :lol:

could that work?

With say Fortus and Dj on leads and Izzy on rthymn?

Then the next GNR album could have some Izzy Stradlin songs?

What do you think?

Drop DJ out, then Izzy can handle the rhythm and Fortus the leads.

If DJ was really necessary, then make him just another rhythm player

could that work?

What do you think?

I don't think any band should depend upon Izzy as a touring musician. That being said, I think if would be great if he would help Axl write songs for GN'R. He could be a writer and studio musician. But touring musician, nah, I don't think that would work, unfortunately.

And I want him back in the band in a writing capacity regardless of whether Bumblefoot leaves or not.

Tbh, he didn't sound very good when he guested in 2010.

Didn't Izzy appear for the first time since 2006 during one of the London shows in 2012?

If BBF does leave I would like Axl to disband the current line up, thank them for their services with an almighty severance package, release an album of outtakes and then plan for a reunion theatre run.

could that work?

What do you think?

That would be much better without DJ.

Also, no. I want Izzy in the real Guns n' Roses. Not in this unproductive mess.

And yes, I consider him instrumental in the classic GnR songwriting process. But I don't see that working with all the overproduced stuff GnR is doing now. There's no need for people like Pitman on an Izzy song. Their power is in their simplicity, and you don't need an 8-man band for that.

Edited by username