Is It Possible for a Guy & a Girl to Be Best Friends?

I guess not every guy out there is a sex addicted pervert, just most of them (all of the ones who come to this place at least :) )

:lol:

Apparently.

I have guy friends, I always have, and there hasn't been any issues whatsoever. Might be due to the fact that most of us are in relationships, so it's not even a thought, but there's no difference in feelings with my single friends either.

Likewise but with girl friends rather than guy friends :lol:

Would any of you ever consider having someone of the opposite sex in your wedding party? Can you be married and have a best friend who's the opposite sex? I guess people will say sure of course but how does that affect the relationship with your partner?

Definitely, most of my best friends are guys.

My boyfriend and I have actually discussed me having one or more of the guys in my wedding party, and the best argument against it that he could come up with was "it's just a bit weird" :shrugs: There's no baggage or threat towards him from any of my friends, but for some reason people put these weird restrictions on their interactions with other people.

Would any of you ever consider having someone of the opposite sex in your wedding party? Can you be married and have a best friend who's the opposite sex? I guess people will say sure of course but how does that affect the relationship with your partner?

Definitely, most of my best friends are guys.

My boyfriend and I have actually discussed me having one or more of the guys in my wedding party, and the best argument against it that he could come up with was "it's just a bit weird" :shrugs: There's no baggage or threat towards him from any of my friends, but for some reason people put these weird restrictions on their interactions with other people.

True. a few years outta highschool one of my best friends got married and she wanted to have me in her wedding party but guys aren't bridesmaids haha. So she picked someone else and made me an usher at her wedding but yeah She thought ti wold be too weird and to be honest 14 years ago I don't think I really wanted to be in the bridal party for the bride haha. maybe it'd be different now.

I was a bridesmaid for a friend who also had a "bridesman" and her groom had a "best woman" and a "groomswoman." It was a very small wedding, put together very quickly because the groom had cancer and needed more chemo and wanted to get married while his strength was still up. Under the circumstances, no one said anything negative about the untraditional wedding party--at least not to any of us.

• Like 1

I don't see why a guy can't stand with the bridesmaids, if he's closer to the bride than another girl she might choose :shrugs: It's not like he'd have to wear a dress or anything :lol:

Exactly, and it's not like its 1854 either. I don't think it would be much of an issue here where I live. It's definitely not the 'norm' and some people might be surprised, but I doubt anyone would be shocked. It wouldn't even really warrant discussion and nor should it. It's no weirder than people acknowledging that homosexuals exist and families of single parents, gay couples adopting children, multiracial couples, etc.

Funny how some things in society become accepted, yet others remain so entrenched in tradition it's like we are still living in the age of horse and carts. In fact I'd probably put money on the idea that the people who would scoff or be alarmed at a bride or groom having a member of the opposite sex in their wedding party would probably not have gay friends or acquaintances. By not interacting with and embracing the uniqueness of people it's easy to maintain a staunch traditional view on what is and isn't acceptable.

While I was in college and shortly thereafter I actually had several female friends. The strange thing is that it ended up being them (in the end) that wanted something more..... :shrugs:

It's because you are so amazing.

Thanks sweetie. :wub:

I don't see why a guy can't stand with the bridesmaids, if he's closer to the bride than another girl she might choose :shrugs: It's not like he'd have to wear a dress or anything :lol:

Exactly, and it's not like its 1854 either. I don't think it would be much of an issue here where I live. It's definitely not the 'norm' and some people might be surprised, but I doubt anyone would be shocked. It wouldn't even really warrant discussion and nor should it. It's no weirder than people acknowledging that homosexuals exist and families of single parents, gay couples adopting children, multiracial couples, etc.

Funny how some things in society become accepted, yet others remain so entrenched in tradition it's like we are still living in the age of horse and carts. In fact I'd probably put money on the idea that the people who would scoff or be alarmed at a bride or groom having a member of the opposite sex in their wedding party would probably not have gay friends or acquaintances. By not interacting with and embracing the uniqueness of people it's easy to maintain a staunch traditional view on what is and isn't acceptable.

Well, that's what surprised me. The people who commented on me being the witness/best woman to my friend's wedding, are open minded. That's why I found it very weird that they reacted that way, I was even a bit insulted. It was as if they were insinuating something, while I was like: Why wouldn't he ask me ? We were there for each other in difficult times, so it's nice that I can be there for him in the good times too. It's strange how some people seem very open-minded, but then prove to be very set in their ways.

Without the guy wanting to bang the girl?

Cuz most girls I asked said its possible, almost all guys said its impossible.

I'm married and my best friend is a woman. My wife is fine with it as is her husband and both of us handle it well without any drama. Others around us seem far more concerned about it than we ever have.

It depends. There are lots of girls I can't relate to. Of course there's differences, but there's differences between girls too. And between guys. You don't have to be the same. It's always interesting to find how someone else thinks about or reacts to certain things, doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy.

I would like to add one thing. I think it also depends on what people understand for friendship. It always sounded awkward to me to see people calling someone friends just because they have exchanged a few kind comments.

Am I your friend ?

Guest Len B'stard

God i hate that Friends poof :lol: Y'know what that gif needs, it needs Bruce Lee in it doing this:

877236.gif

Yeah, he looks it, the cunt.