Is It Possible for a Guy & a Girl to Be Best Friends?

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin stupid question if you ask me, why can they not? And thats not an insult to you cuz it is an oft asked question, so people are saying you cant have any other response to a woman other than sexual? Well fuck me, id love to see how teatime round your Nans works out.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

No, its just plain bollocks, so you either have regard for a woman on a sexual level or not at all? Sounds like a fuckin' sociopath.

It's rare, and I think there is a case for if the guy doesn't want to bang the girl, then she may want to bang him. It's definitely possible though, I live with some girls who I have a completely platonic relationship with, without them being fat or ugly. Perhaps that's influenced by the situation though.

Outside of the world of narrow stereotypes where guys are 100% motivated by pursuit of mindless fucking and women are all delicate flowers who have to be pursued and coaxed into performing such a debasing act. In the real world where people are complicated, layered, shaped by experience, have varying perceptions of what is attractive and what is not... of course.

• Like 3

Yeah, as long as one of them isn't hanging around because they secretly love them, or they were too similar and didn't have an attraction to each other, but got along great otherwise. It doesn't happen often between two heterosexual people but it happens.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Sugary Len, i like it :lol: Or Su-Gary Len. Sue-Gary Len, the gender-bender! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Without the guy wanting to bang the girl?

After 60 years of marriage I think it is very normal. Just an example. My answer would therefore be 'yes'.

For a second there I was thinking "How old are you!?"

Then I twigged.

I use to think about this question a lot back in my late teens and throughout most of my 20s. I use to have many female friends, still have a couple.

For me, the question depends on two variables: time and attraction. Guys and girls can be best friends depending on the value of those two variables. I found it easy to be friends with a girl I found attractive if I didn't see her very often. Conversely, girls I didn't find attractive (or attractive enough to crave something physical) could be a good or best friend regardless of how much time I spent with them.

The problem arises when you're both attracted to a member of the opposite sex and spend a lot of time with them. You're betraying your own feelings when you spend a lot of time with someone you find attractive. Guys (or girls) who find themselves in the "friend zone" often suffer from this.

Of course there are few other considerations. Maturity matters. As I get older I find myself better able to compartmentalize my feelings in a way I found it difficult while in my teens and twenties.

Another issue is the length of time one knows the person. One of my female friends is someone I've known for twenty-five years, ever since she kicked me in the shins while we were nine years old playing organized soccer. I think she's an attractive girl who I see frequently (once a month or two). We work as friends but not someone I could ever see being with. She's more like a sister or a cousin than someone I could become physical with.

Finally, being friends with a member of the opposite sex while they're in a relationship with someone else allows you to see how they operate while in a relationship. I've been friends with girls who I found attractive but would avoid being physical or elevating the relationship due to the fact that they were terrible in relationships. One of my best friends in my twenties was a very attractive girl but who was a terrible girlfriend to the guys she was with (very neurotic, propensity to nag, insecure). She was a great friend during those years, someone I could appreciate spending time with, but I never had to deal with her eccentricities that her boyfriends often dealt with.

So my final answer would be: it depends. :)

Edited by downzy

If she's fat and ugly, sure.

Pretty much.

I don't mean I'd be trying it on with them at every chance or even at all, but I'd still want to fuck them ( if I had any friends and or was a real person)

That's okay though, isn't it?

Didn't work out for me. I became great friends with this girl. For years the friendship grew. We both dated other people so it wasn't an issue. Then one night we made out, and like overnight we became a couple. Dated for a year or so, was just about to pop the question and she broke up with me. Said she wanted to be single again. Then I found out less than a week later she was back with her old flame.

Hope you have better luck than me.