May 31, Las Vegas,NV. No Trickery!

batman007

I might have heard the slightest bit of Mickey at the beginning of that Jungle but honestly it was all rasp. He nailed nearly every line.

One thing that I wish would change about jungle is the opening rift being teased 5 times.

I'd like it to just start at "do you know where the f*ck you are!" like this video at :25 seconds! To me that is the most exciting intro when done right.

Hey guys, new poster here. Just had to drop by to say how awesome this show was. I did see gnr a few years ago in denver with black label society, but this one was better. I've heard a lot of people hate on this band for whatever reason, but I asked the girlfriend who isn't a big fan what she thought and she didn't understand what more people wanted. So anyway, it did take axl a few songs to warm up, but wow did he sound great after that. I was so happy to hear this I love. Easily my favorite from CD song. Just a good rock show. This band never ceases to amaze me by how long their sets are. Anyway I did take a few snippets with my phone's 4k recorder. Let me know if you want me to post. Warning though, I had a lot to drink so it is a little shaky. It's from the second row of the balcony.

More Jungle

Don't cry

DJ just can't stop fucking up classic songs... this time Don't Cry.

jesus, the band was sounding great!, axl really sounds good, and with the addition to duff on the shows it just makes it that more special..

then ashba hits those solos and i frown.

makes baby jesus cry.

It's great to see Axl bringing his own voice back, if he can get back to these heights and throw out some new shit on the unchinese democracy tour it'll be swell, I wonder how long he can keep swinging up and down the form ladder before he loses it completely though, we thought Rio and SA were the end of days but he finds it eventually again. He surely must bring forth the sequel six years on, a lot of time's been spent retouring the classic stuff and a handful of Democracy, that voice needs to enthrall us with some different songs before it becomes impossible to hit that power.

It's great to see Axl bringing his own voice back, if he can get back to these heights and throw out some new shit on the unchinese democracy tour it'll be swell, I wonder how long he can keep swinging up and down the form ladder before he loses it completely though, we thought Rio and SA were the end of days but he finds it eventually again. He surely must bring forth the sequel six years on, a lot of time's been spent retouring the classic stuff and a handful of Democracy, that voice needs to enthrall us with some different songs before it becomes impossible to hit that power.

I really think we're going to hear it in the next 2 to 5 years. The question I'm asking myself at the moment is: "Will Dj's work fuck with something cool from Robin and Bucket?"

I just hope Axl doesn't erase good shit, but on the other hand, I trust him when it comes to recognizing something great. He's not going to erase or have someone record over something like Bucket's There Was A Time outro imo.

He did use Bumble's Catcher work and picked that over May's classic solo. I like what Bumble did, but that is mainly what worries me when it comes to CD ll: if he didn't use May's work, he is capable of anything lol.

But maybe it was just because May didn't like the solo and wasn't a real part of Guns.

The more Bucket and Robin the better.

Edited by Rovim

The big thing I'm noticing is that Axl is in control of the amount if rasp he is using. It's not like he's going for it and falling short. If he wants rasp right now he's going to get it. If he wants clean voice he's going to use it. So much more control now then there was at anytime over the last few years! It's exciting that he's gotten to a point like this again.

A little better video of it's so easy

Edited by IncitingChaos

Cool sound better, looks fitter. Really really good from Axl and the band sounds good too. Except DJ, now really - can Axl really like his playing? I do not get. As we all know, Axl expects top notch stuff from his band, that just is not up to par with the rest of the band. Maybe he could be ok doing just the rhythm parts, but on leads; no no no no no no no and no. Fortus should get his solo parts and just think what the band would sound if Bumble would infact leave and he would not be replaced... DJ would shred all over the place.

DJ's playing is a reflection of Axl's I don't give a f*ck attitude. If this was 2006 then DJ would have been fired. Axl would have stopped songs after some of his solo's. Axl doesn't demand perfection from his band anymore.

It's a good thing and bad thing. You get mediocre playing at times, but it allows Axl to enjoy himself more.

Who knows? Just my 2 cents.

Patience

That what Dj does to this great song 3:50 is just so weird and he has done it at several

shows now. Could someone else have a go at this "solo", one of the guitar techs, drum techs,

the catering assistant, anyone? Is that part really necessary? Maybe it could be replaced by

something acoustic?

Everything else is now so good: Axl's voice, the sound, the acoustic guitars etc.

and then there is this "solo"...