May 31, Las Vegas,NV. No Trickery!

batman007

It's amazing how all of this Duff/Axl reunion stuff would have never been possible if team Brazil had stopped Duff from seeing Axl. They tried saying "he was in the shower" when they first met in a hotel in London, luckily Axl opened up the door and was happy to see Duff

how do you know that???? interesting

It's in Duff's book. Here's what he stated.

In the end I just went to the door of his hotel room. People from his entourage stopped me in the hallway.

“You can’t go in right now, man,” said one. “He’s about to get in the shower to get ready for the show tonight.”

“I’ve seen him naked before,” I said.

The door to Axl’s room opened a crack.

“I thought I heard your voice out here,” said Axl.

He wasn’t naked.

He motioned with his head and said, “Come on in.”

And so, for the first time in much too long. Axl and I finally met again face-to-face. Any doubts I had about what might happen melted instantly.

We hugged.

Obviously, there was more after that.

:facepalm:

A fuckin' disease.

The energy is surprising. :thumbsup:

So, so weird seeing Duff on Chinese Democracy songs. Feels like I'm in some bizarro parallel universe.

Huge improvement from South America from Axl. Still not quite Atlantic City/Philly 2012 but hopefully he'll get there. I don't think it should be all rasp all the time but I don't think he's figured out how to sing clean live in recent years, or he just forces it out to be heard over the guitars and everything else in the mix. The rare occasions where he does sing something like November Rain without resorting to Mickey or rasp are really special.

• Like 1

"Civil War" was stellar, great vocal and the band is tight as hell. Great to see Duff jammin this one. See, he can sing when he wants to. The award show, I dunno, I think in reading the Revolver int. the whole night embarrassed him. One thing we can say is Axl does not go out of his way to seek praise and accolades, a noble and rare attribute nowadays. So it's like that show at the Tommy Hilfiger night, when "Knocking on Heavens Door" was toned down to a faint ''tapping'' at best. Get up there and do it, sure have some fun with it, but not feeling much passion for it tonight.

Edited by axlskAmpf