Do you think Tommy will be permanently replaced by Duff?

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tommy sitting out for a show so Duff can play instead seems odd, especially in the middle of a tour when he doesn't have anything else to do. Furthermore, GnR seems to be making it very public that Duff has been performing with them. Do you think this means that by the time the next tour comes around, Tommy will be out and Duff will be back full time?

I voted yes but answer is more complex.

Duff will only return if he's given the place he deserves, as a founding member, not an employee and that includes not only playing shows but writing and recording new music.

Duff is our only hope to save GN'R. He's the one who makes Axl happy, who Axl has respect for and listens to. If Axl can relay on Duff and pass to him some of the responsability of leading this band, we will have a new album and a better Axl, as it's been proven in every show Mckagan joined to play in the last two months.

• Like 1

Duff will only return if he's given the place he deserves, as a founding member, not an employee and that includes not only playing shows but writing and recording new music.

Duff is our only hope to save GN'R. He's the one who makes Axl happy, who Axl has respect for and listens to. If Axl can relay on Duff and pass to him some of the responsability of leading this band, we will have a new album and a better Axl, as it's been proven in every show Mckagan joined to play in the last two months.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. It probably won't happen. But even if Duff won't comeback, he can still work with Axl in the studio, send ideas, and perform with the band live here and there. It wll be better then nothing.

Edited by Rovim

Guest Gunns

Yes Duff is coming back because Tommy is taking a 'break' from GnR due to his 'wife' needing to 'bottle feed his baby'

cutcaster-photo-800907175-drunk-man-in-a

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

Gotta hand it to him, Tommy is an awesome drunk. Your sig would probably never happened if it wasn't for the sauce. I feel like a gangster from the 30's. The sauce.

I gotta agree, I have the sauce to thank for Tommy's humor most of the time, without it I probably wouldn't even know he exists on stage.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. It probably won't happen. But even if Duff won't comeback, he can still work with Axl in the studio, send ideas, and perform with the band live here and there. It wll be better then nothing.

But Tommy and all the other guys are the people who should work with Axl and bring ideas and write music. Look if Axl needs Duff or Izzy´s help then he better get rid of all the Nu guns. It shows that this new band is not working.

We all know this "new band" is Axl making the best out of a bad situation since all the guys he wanted ( Freese, Bucket, Brain, Robin) left the sinking ship.

It clearly isn't working.

I love Duff, but besides a great bass sound I don't rate his songwriting chops very highly at all- even in GNR.

Duff's song contributions are usually cheesey and hamfisted, he was brilliant in Guns N Roses but if he were to rejoin I don't see that as translating to brilliant songs (even 3 and a half minute "punk rockers" ) or Axl changing his ways.

Edited by DR DOOM

We all know this "new band" is Axl making the best out of a bad situation since all the guys he wanted ( Freese, Bucket, Brain, Robin) left the sinking ship.

I love Duff, but besides a great bass sound I don't rate his songwriting chops very highly at all- even in GNR.

Duff's song contributions are usually cheesey and hamfisted, he was brilliant in Guns N Roses but if he were to rejoin I don't see that as translating to brilliant songs (even 3 and a half minute "punk rockers" ) or Axl changing his ways.

He knows how a Guns song should sound like and how to get there. He improves upon ideas, and sometimes comes up with great ones too. I totally believe he can bring some of that classic Gn'R magic to the studio and help Axl write great songs.

• Like 1

He knows how a Guns song should sound like and how to get there. He improves upon ideas, and sometimes comes up with great ones too. I totally believe he can bring some of that classic Gn'R magic to the studio and help Axl write great songs.

Even Duff can't save this band from the #shitfest that is DJ Ashba on guitar.

The idea of Axl in the studio, writing songs (at the same time as another musician) is also quite laughable at this point, though I admire your passion.

The problem is Axl doesn´t want that classic sound anymore.

Even Duff can't save this band from the #shitfest that is DJ Ashba on guitar.

The idea of Axl in the studio, writing songs (at the same time as another musician) is also quite laughable at this point, though I admire your passion.

Just because I believe Duff can do it, doesn't mean I think it will actually happen. Axl can take something average Dj wrote and make it great. Dj's style is no different then Slash's which Duff knows all about and how to work with and the right approach. There is potential there, that's all I'm saying.

Close. The problem is Axl is lazy, bitter, and doesn't give a fuck most of the time. Many classic sounding moments in Chinese, the AC/DC covers, hired Ashba, and so on and so forth.

Close. The problem is Axl is lazy, bitter, and doesn't give a fuck most of the time. Many classic sounding moments in Chinese, the AC/DC covers, hired Ashba, and so on and so forth.

Classic moments in CD? Please I´d like to know what song in CD is like Rocket Queen, Mr. Brownstone, Perfect Crime, Locomotive, YCBM or Don´t Damn Me.

• Like 1

Street Of Dreams, This I Love, Some parts of There Was A Time, Catcher in many ways, Chinese Democracy is a pretty straight forward rocker, not unlike what VR did in Contraband, only with different production and many layers.

Duff digs the Chinese material. Axl is still a classic rock fan. Classic as in more Illusions, less AFD. It's only Axl after all so it's logical it will take a more Queen direction. But that's classic as well.

Street Of Dreams, This I Love, Some parts of There Was A Time, Catcher in many ways, Chinese Democracy is a pretty straight forward rocker, not unlike what VR did in Contraband, only with different production and many layers.

Duff digs the Chinese material. Axl is still a classic rock fan. Classic as in more Illusions, less AFD. It's only Axl after all so it's logical it will take a more Queen direction. But that's classic as well.

I´m afraid we have a different idea of what classic GN´R sound is. It´s ok. You stick with your idea and I stick with mine

• Like 1

It shows that this new band is not working.

When has the new band ever properly worked? The current line up has been together for 5 years and have never released a song written together. Chances are the next record will be the old Bucket/Finck/Brain material.