How long will the Hiatus be after Vegas?

They might be back for that Heaven and Hell Festival in Mexico, think that was rescheduled for November? Axl did say in that recent interview that after Vegas they were going to sit down and seriously talk about a new record, but I'd still expect more pointless touring before an album, so probably same bit time same bat channel next year.

I have a small sense that he means it this time, but also that a million things (schedule, etc.) will get in the way and prevent much from getting done. In the more recent interviews, didn't he say something like "We're going to concentrate on 'Chinese' a while..." So maybe there's a glimmer of hope this time?

When do you think GNR will be back?

2017?

Hopefully only when Axl has managed to come to an agreement with the record company. Do it right this time: release CD ll and the remix album in a nice package, promote the shit out of it and play all the songs live. 6 to 8 Chinese ll songs per show.

It's been almost 6 years since Chinese was released. I'm onboard. Now the train needs to leave the station. Until then, just focus on making progress with getting the album out. 6 hour meetings?

My guess is 2 to 5 years. So yeah: 2016, 2017 if we're optimistic.

Edited by Rovim

November they will play the Mexico date, maybe they'll schedule some dates around that one. Then hiatus again, then 2015 new residency and maybe SA or Asia, or India... some US festival again and 2015 will be done. Repeat for 2016 until retirement. No new album in between, of course.

I think we'll get a new song or two this year.

As far as the record company goes - it should be smoother sailing this time, Axl knows things are much different as far as album releases go than they were 5 years ago. He was putting CDs out when digital downloads were just becoming the norm. There is no heavy anticipation for a new GNR album but he starts saying when the release date is, it's going to bite him in the ass again. It'll be completed before there's a street date, or some new songs will start making their way out one by one.

I don't think people realize how gutted out the music industry became, but when you see things like Prince working with a company he fought with for years and Trent Reznor signing to a major label, it does give us hope that things will move forward as far as new music goes.

Jimmy Iovine just made a billion dollars for headphones. His days running Interscope are pretty much over.

Somewhere in Brazil, 2016:

CD

Jungle

ISE

Brownstone

New ACDC cover

KOHD 20 minutes version

Ashba new solo La Bella Vita of Death

Ron's replacement solo spot

Encore

Patience (extended DJ outro)

The Seeker

PC

That doesn't look like a 3 hour show.

Somewhere in Brazil, 2016:

CD

Jungle

ISE

Brownstone

New ACDC cover

KOHD 20 minutes version

Ashba new solo La Bella Vita of Death

Ron's replacement solo spot

Encore

Patience (extended DJ outro)

The Seeker

PC

That doesn't look like a 3 hour show.

It's ok, South Americans won't even notice it.

Impossible to say. I hope it will be a short break to finish the next album. I believe it will be a few years, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there is yet more touring before we hear new music.

Yeah. I lost my job, but it's ok. I'm just going to take a short break for a few years and then get right back out there! Work ethic. Values.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm a little bit tired of " new...album....chinese..."

Give the new album a different title. "Igloo" or " Timon N' Pumba goes to Indiana" or whatever, just something else than " chinese..."

CD ll is the official unoffical wip stop gap temporary fan made unreleased Guns N' Roses album title. Don't fuck with that.

Edited by Rovim

I understand it is Axl's life and career and he can do whatever he wants.

But you'd think the guy would occasionally want to throw his millions of fans a bone.

He might not like the process of recording and releasing an album. But he must know that he has millions of fans that would kill for a new album. Some fans that have supported him for 25 years. Fans that paid for his mansion, his sports cars and for him to live life like a king.

One album in 20 years..........why not just throw the fans a bone and release a new album asap? And if they are seriously going to wait over a year for another record, why not put out an EP - 4 new songs, 4 covers (riff raff, seeker, etc) to tide people over.

Think about your millions of fans, Axl (and Beta)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Realistically, no new album will ever come out of this lineup or nuGNR at all. The fact that going back AT LEAST 4 years we have comments of "definitely next year", "not as long as the last one!" "there's three albums worth of material" and on and on....we can pretty much guarantee there is nothing ready now that wasn't ready 6 years ago. If it hasn't come out in 6 years, why would it ever come out? There hasn't been any talk of working on stuff to get it up to part, writing new music collectively or anything else that suggests an album will be released.

In terms of what the band has planned after Vegas:

Bumblefoot: Likely leaving the band, but if not, June 12-end of July he is doing the Guitar Gods tour.

Tommy: Has Replacements shows from August-early October.

Richard/Dizzy: Dead Daisies performing shows from July-end of August.

So based on this, I would say at least 4+ months.

On the other hand:

Izzy, Slash, Duff, Axl, Dizzy and Matt will all be free starting February 2015. So I think Axl knows what to do with his time off the road!

But you'd think the guy would occasionally want to throw his millions of fans a bone.

I wouldn't.

Thanks God you have no fans.

:)

;). I meant that I wouldn't think that Axl would occasionally want to throw his millions of fans a bone, because I, unlike Groghan, know that Axl very. very rarely (if ever) is motivated by what his fans would want.

I wouldn't.

Thanks God you have no fans.

:)

;). I meant that I wouldn't think that Axl would occasionally want to throw his millions of fans a bone, because I, unlike Groghan, know that Axl very. very rarely (if ever) is motivated by what his fans would want.

I know :lol:

• Like 1