This is just fucking amazing

Prostitute has been one of my favourite songs since I first heard it (New Song #2 hehe) - always a bit gutted they never played it live after the Asian shows. Although it;s only adding in some different songs into the set, it's things like this that get me interested again - fingers crossed they continue to mix up the set for the last 2 gigs.

It really is a solid perfomance by Axl btw, shame the tour is coming to an end, he's really got it together recently - Hope we don't enter another long period of silence :(

This also shows the majority of this forum supports Axl and the band doing things to their full potential and does not mindlessly bitch about every little thing and never have any valid opinions on the inner clockwork of the GNR situation

Yup. Hope the band and TB sees how positive the response was a to a new song a minor set change...

This also shows the majority of this forum supports Axl and the band doing things to their full potential and does not mindlessly bitch about every little thing and never have any valid opinions on the inner clockwork of the GNR situation

Yup. Hope the band and TB sees how positive the response was a to a new song a minor set change...

^ This - We're not all haters - for me, even a minor thing like mixing the setlist up keeps me interested! Lets hope for more of the same over the final couple of shows.

Prostitute has been one of my favourite songs since I first heard it (New Song #2 hehe) - always a bit gutted they never played it live after the Asian shows. Although it;s only adding in some different songs into the set, it's things like this that get me interested again - fingers crossed they continue to mix up the set for the last 2 gigs.

It really is a solid perfomance by Axl btw, shame the tour is coming to an end, he's really got it together recently - Hope we don't enter another long period of silence :(

Glass half full: Axl will hopefully look seriously into the release of CD ll, sorting shit out with the record company and/or figure out a promotion plan, which in turn, will increase our chances to listen to Robin's SRV solo, and CD ll in this lifetime.

I get the frustration of witnessing Axl just getting there vocally, while knowing the tour is almost over, but the release of CD ll is the higher priority.

We will lose more by keeping this tour going if we want to hear the record, and getting to hear Axl perform CD ll live and not when he's 60.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Glass half full: Axl will hopefully look seriously into the release of CD ll, sorting shit out with the record company and/or figure out a promotion plan, which in turn, will increase our chances to listen to Robin's SRV solo, and CD ll in this lifetime.

I get the frustration of witnessing Axl just getting there vocally, while knowing the tour is almost over, but the release of CD ll is the higher priority.

We will lose more by keeping this tour going if we want to hear the record, and getting to hear Axl perform CD ll live and not when he's 60.

Agreed, for me the priority should be (and I believe it now is) the follow up to ChiDem - hopefully we'll be kept updated - Glad that Axl is finishing the tour strongly, let's hope that gives him the motivation to get new music out :)

Absolutely right.

As if its fun having nothing fresh or exciting to talk about. We aren't "hating" for its own sake. You give us the same old shit, you get eye rolls. You give us something different, the reaction is positive.

My sig over at our state run media sister site is "Fans can only play the cards they are dealt. If you don't like their reaction...deal them some new god damn cards."

And that's the bottom line, as I see it. No, we aren't going to get funny in the pants over the latest "epic" live version of 'Nightrain'. Been there, done that. But look at the reaction to both this show, and even just putting YCBM in the opening slot that one time. WAY positive. Give us something to be excited about, and we will respond in kind.

• Like 2

An old CD song and an old Illusions songs and the positive reaction is over-the-top.

I really hope that Beta and Axl saw this.

Just two simple "old" songs and the fans go crazy!!!

Imagine if they busted out a couple actual new songs? Children would be conceived that night.

Can't wait to see what they do at the final two shows.

• Like 1

The pain and perversion parts were impressive. To think that he could probably pull performances like this off on a regular basis, if he sang and was in shape off tour. It was still great. I'll take what I can get. Axl's not done yet.

Here is the part I don't understand. Axl has talked about how important it is to give the fans, and ticket holders a great performance. Yet, he's completely out of shape and as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to want to get INTO shape.

Why?

It seems absolutely hypocritical to me. If someone cared about putting on the best show possible, wouldn't they (especially at his age) make sure they were in top physical condition?

Maybe he doesn't share your opinion that his physical appearance is part of the performance?

I'm not talking about his "appearance." The man can look however he wants. I'm talking about his performance (movement, energy, running around etc. not singing). There is a direct link between body fat and endurance.

But maybe Axl doesn't share your opinion that improving his physical condition would improve the performance much?

But that's not MY opinion. It's more like he'd be disagreeing with a centuries worth of scientific data. Which is fine. But I would like to personally know his thoughts.

• Like 1