This is just fucking amazing

The band would go to HTGTH if it wanted to have a Q/A.

Nobody would come here if it were ran any different.

Everyone enjoys voicing their opinion for better or worse. Not everyone has the same opinions of the band.

I think Axl respects this board despite not agreeing with most of our opinions. He probably doesn't understand where we come up with some of the stuff we say and on the other hand I think he knows that our misinformation on any given subject is due to the lack of communication between GNR and the fans. Sadly I'm sure he feels it would take too much time to let us know the truth behind much of our speculation on all things GNR past and present.

^thats not me attacking Axl it's just discussing random GNR stuff.

The mods here do a great job of making sure the post never get out of hand but at the same time letting us enjoy coming here to talk GNR. Idk why a GNR fan would ever go anywhere else. The people and discussions here are the best!

Hey P5, not a bad gig for your... 10th show was it last night? How many was that for BS?

I also caught my 10th show in Vegas. Great times. I guess we all need to get to more if we want to be die-hards though. :lol:

Just remember which site Axl visited first back in 2008. It wasn't the forum that censored people's opinions. It was the site that allowed for frank, honest and open discussion.

• Like 1

Hey P5, not a bad gig for your... 10th show was it last night? How many was that for BS?

I also caught my 10th show in Vegas. Great times. I guess we all need to get to more if we want to be die-hards though. :lol:

Just remember which site Axl visited first back in 2008. It wasn't the forum that censored people's opinions. It was the site that allowed for frank, honest and open discussion.

Yeah, last night was my 10th. I think last night was 7 for BS if I'm counting right.

Thread sent to Axl - thought he should know we're not assholes all the time and we recognise change and quality :)

Last time I questioned your methods my comment got deleted twice --I have screenshots as proof-- but still curious why you think anyone

would forward your message to Axl and why he would care what you think after you allowed BBF's private messages to be posted on your

board? Maybe you should recognize that change and quality is needed HERE.

Ha it's you *AGAIN* If you hate this forum why do you sign up still with multiple accounts? weirdo.

Message sent to Axl and confirmation he received it ;)

Take a break babe and take that axe with you. Boom.

I always knew those were warchild alternate accounts. Nobody listened to me.

Oh, this thread needs some cleaning. For once, most - if not all - members have been very positive about a recent performance of Axl. I don't see why the mods should let two little pieces of shit ruin our fun.

• Like 2

It's a great performance. Song is mediocre though...

No.

Ok, it's not mediocre. It's a pretentious overproduced mess without any memorable moments, cringey vocals and lyrics with dated hip hop beats, overprocessed nu metal power chords and no soul. The orchestra in the end is cool.

Although that seems a little harsh, but despite Chinese being basically my favourite album ever, I don't like Prostitute anywhere near as much as I want to. I think the lyrics and melody and piano parts are sublime and I love Robin's parts but the entire rest of the production doesn't work for me. I'd like to hear a more traditional version with Robin taking all leads. Axl said that Bucket's Prostitute solos are some of his favourite parts on the whole album but although I worship Bucket in general and especially the Twat solo, not so much the prostitute ones.

Axl's vocals at the end and Bucket's solo leading to the outro are the best part of the song to me. Everything feels superb. Robin's playing is awesome here, indeed, but I also love Bucket's playing here. Bumblefoot's rhythm work is also awesome. All in all, this is one of the best songs on the album alongside TWAT and Catcher.

That being said, I'm loving Axl's vocals live here. The raw power he puts in some of the verses is mindblowing, especially the last ones before both (awesome) solos from Ron.

The pain and perversion parts were impressive. To think that he could probably pull performances like this off on a regular basis, if he sang and was in shape off tour. It was still great. I'll take what I can get. Axl's not done yet.

Here is the part I don't understand. Axl has talked about how important it is to give the fans, and ticket holders a great performance. Yet, he's completely out of shape and as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to want to get INTO shape.

Why?

It seems absolutely hypocritical to me. If someone cared about putting on the best show possible, wouldn't they (especially at his age) make sure they were in top physical condition?

I always knew those were warchild alternate accounts. Nobody listened to me.

Oh, this thread needs some cleaning. For once, most - if not all - members have been very positive about a recent performance of Axl. I don't see why the mods should let two little pieces of shit ruin our fun.

This! Please, it was such a fun thread, and now it's ruined :(

The pain and perversion parts were impressive. To think that he could probably pull performances like this off on a regular basis, if he sang and was in shape off tour. It was still great. I'll take what I can get. Axl's not done yet.

Here is the part I don't understand. Axl has talked about how important it is to give the fans, and ticket holders a great performance. Yet, he's completely out of shape and as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to want to get INTO shape.

Why?

It seems absolutely hypocritical to me. If someone cared about putting on the best show possible, wouldn't they (especially at his age) make sure they were in top physical condition?

Maybe he doesn't share your opinion that his physical appearance is part of the performance?

So my puppy never barks, until I was playing prostitute in another room, I then noticed him out in the garden rocking out.

It was obviously a bark of sheer excitement at the fact that Axl played the song live, rather than a distraction from him sniffing around.
Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

Why?

It's not a priority for everyone. We really don't know how much of a link there is with his physical appearance and his vocal abilities at the end of the day.

Not going to deny that it has some impact, but it's not necessarily as big a factor as people leap to assume.

For just one thread, can we focus on the performance?

• Like 1

Very pleased with the surprises pulled out at the last show. I hope that if the band doesn't dust off any more songs they at least continue playing "Prostitute". That song needs more love.

Also, probably alone on this, but, next tour: "Riad N' the Bedouins" or 'nilla "Oh My God"? That would be so kick ass.

So my puppy never barks, until I was playing prostitute in another room, I then noticed him out in the garden rocking out.

It was obviously a bark of sheer excitement at the fact that Axl played the song live, rather than a distraction from him sniffing around.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cute dog!