MyGNRForum Opinions of TSI?

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are your opinions of TSI?

Right now, it's actually my favorite GN'R album. It's a blast! It's a fun, energetic record, you can tell the band was having a lot of fun making it, Axl sounds at his best on TSI IMO, and TSI? has the best production values of ALL the GN'R albums. It literally has perfect production. It isn't dated in the way AFD is, it isn't polished like the UYI, it isn't hit and miss production wise like Lies...It's aged very well and sounds production wise like an Aerosmith album.

Best songs:

Black Leather

Since I Don't Have You

Human Being

Hair of the Dog

You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory

Look at Your Game, Girl

Attitude

Ain't it Fun?

Buick Makane

I could do without:

New Rose

Down on the Forum

I Don't Care About You

Raw Power

I'd say it's an 8.5/10 album.

• Like 1

I think 8.5 is being generous. I do like the album, but it is nowhere near the level of their original material. I think it probably came out at the wrong time. I think they should've been able to work the UYl albums longer than they did. I believe that they released estranged as a single after releasing since I don't have you. Does anyone know if that is correct?

I think 8.5 is being generous. I do like the album, but it is nowhere near the level of their original material. I think it probably came out at the wrong time. I think they should've been able to work the UYl albums longer than they did. I believe that they released estranged as a single after releasing since I don't have you. Does anyone know if that is correct?

no, it isn't correct

I enjoy it, although I don't play it that much and I skip some of the tunes

My favorites on it are Human Being, Buick Makane, Black Leather, Since I Don't Have You, and Ain't It Fun

Edited by WhazUp

The production is great, Slash's tone and Matt's playing are really the highlights of the album. Too bad the CD is brickwalled.

My favorite songs on it are Ain't It Fun, Black Leather and Hair of the Dog.

I've always loved the Jack o'lantern label on the first press CD.

Anything can be rationalised.

T-Rex's Buick Mackane "can't be justified"? :lol:

I just wonder if you've ever even listened to a T-Rex or Nazareth album before...

edit: just noticed you're making a case that Raw Power by Iggy and The Stooges (title track of one of the greatest rock albums ever made) "cant be justified"

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

I just wonder if you've ever even listened to a T-Rex or Nazareth album before...

Original Hair of the Dog is fine. I can't imagine any version of Buick Makane being good considering how dreadful the GNR version is.

• Like 1

Original Hair of the Dog is fine. I can't imagine any version of Buick Makane being good considering how dreadful the GNR version is.

I'll take that as a "no" then.

Have you ever heard Iggy and The Stooges' Raw Power?

It's just amusing that you're so adamant this music you've never even heard should never have been made...

It's just amusing that you're so adamant this music you've never even heard should never have been made...

I've only not heard the original Buick Makane. I've heard the original Raw Power and was as bored with it as I am with the GNR one.

I've only not heard the original Buick Makane. I've heard the original Raw Power and was as bored with it as I am with the GNR one.

When you say "heard" does that mean you listened to the first minute and 30 seconds of it on youtube? :rofl-lol:

When you say "heard" does that mean you listened to the first minute and 30 seconds of it on youtube? :rofl-lol:

What do you want me to do? Go to a Nobody puts baby in a corner biker bar and put it on the greasy jukebox just so I can come back and say I still think it's shit?