MyGNRForum Opinions of TSI?

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anything can be rationalised.

T-Rex's Buick Mackane "can't be justified"? :lol:

I just wonder if you've ever even listened to a T-Rex or Nazareth album before...

Original Hair of the Dog is fine. I can't imagine any version of Buick Makane being good considering how dreadful the GNR version is.

I'll take that as a "no" then.

Have you ever heard Iggy and The Stooges' Raw Power?

It's just amusing that you're so adamant this music you've never even heard should never have been made...

I've only not heard the original Buick Makane. I've heard the original Raw Power and was as bored with it as I am with the GNR one.

When you say "heard" does that mean you listened to the first minute and 30 seconds of it on youtube? :rofl-lol:

What do you want me to do? Go to a Nobody puts baby in a corner biker bar and put it on the greasy jukebox just so I can come back and say I still think it's shit?

You can't judge it unless you have the whole experience.

When do you turn 18 Broski?

Make sure you do everything when you're young and still know everything :awesomeface:

If you really couldn't tell, my post about the original songs was tongue-in-cheek. Basically - with songs like I Don't Care About You and Buick Makane, the GNR versions are so shit that I can't imagine any version of them (that doesn't completely rearrange every single thing about the song) being good.

But yes, I've listened to the original versions of Raw Power and Attitude and they're garbage. I've listened to the originals of SIDHY, New Rose, Human Being, Ain't it Fun and Hair of the Dog and they range from not too bad to pretty good. I've neglected to listen to the rest because of how horrendous the GNR versions are.

When do you turn 18 Broski?

Make sure you do everything when you're young and still know everything :awesomeface:

If you really couldn't tell, my post about the original songs was tongue-in-cheek. Basically - with songs like I Don't Care About You and Buick Makane, the GNR versions are so shit that I can't imagine any version of them (that doesn't completely rearrange every single thing about the song) being good.

But yes, I've listened to the original versions of Raw Power and Attitude and they're garbage. I've listened to the originals of SIDHY, New Rose, Human Being, Ain't it Fun and Hair of the Dog and they range from not too bad to pretty good. I've neglected to listen to the rest because of how horrendous the GNR versions are.

Whatever floats your boat dude, perhaps I'm old fashioned but I like to know what I'm talking about before I go shooting my mouth off about it ;)

Guest Gunns

I've noticed a trend in both Bacardi and broskis post, they love talking in extemities in the hopes that their posts will be portrayed as ironic, cool, edgy, witty etc...

But they often lack substance or evidence to support their proclamations, see bacardys posts in this thread for a prime example. It's nothing personal so don't see it as an attack, I just get sick of people trying to exaggerate and taking opposing views compared to the general consensus because they love to stir shit up/cupcake/suck people into forming (to use a word Broskirose and Bacardi love using) shit posts and senseless arguments.
Obviously I'm not advocating for a htgth v2, but Jesus add some fucking value to your post without resorting to posts full of extreme stances that have no substance, sense of reasoning or any real point.

Bitch fest over

Edited by Gunns

7.5, still the worst gnr album to date (CD was better imo). But having said that, it is probably my favorite covers album ever. Sympathy for the devil, whole lotta rosie, and heartbreak hotel should have replaced a couple of the weaker tracks imo. Then it would have been killer.

I've noticed a trend in both Bacardi and broskis post, they love talking in extemities in the hopes that their posts will be portrayed as ironic, cool, edgy, witty etc...

But they often lack substance or evidence to support their proclamations, see bacardys posts in this thread for a prime example. It's nothing personal so don't see it as an attack, I just get sick of people trying to exaggerate and taking opposing views compared to the general consensus because they love to stir shit up/cupcake/suck people into forming (to use a word Broskirose and Bacardi love using) shit posts and senseless arguments.

Obviously I'm not advocating for a htgth v2, but Jesus add some fucking value to your post without resorting to posts full of extreme stances that have no substance, sense of reasoning or any real point.

Bitch fest over

It's not their fault TSI? is shit.

Guest Gunns

Bitch fest over

It's not their fault TSI? is shit.

post wasn't just directed at this thread...

irregardless, it's all subjective so no point arguing over if someone likes a song and the other calls it shit

Guest Len B'stard

So long it's been since the last 5 topics were dominated by miser. Those were special days.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be the cause of one of his very public nervous breakdowns in the very near future fella :lol: And uh, if you need a hand in any way shape or form.. :D

Bitch fest over

I couldn't agree more.

You're a fool to write off any genre of music, be it "buttrock", "speedrock" or whatever those two guys ( who I have a hard time distinguishing between when it comes to music talk) call it.

At least know your shit before writing something off, and clearly Bacardi hasn't done his research here before making a definitive statement that was frankly ridiculous.

"Back in the 80's" you had to set the needle down, or ff/rew the tape and change it over, you ended up listening to the whole album the whole way through and things crept up and grew on you (or not)...the sort of thing that required an attention span.

Bitch fest over

I couldn't agree more.

You're a fool to write off any genre of music, be it "buttrock", "speedrock" or whatever those two guys ( who I have a hard time distinguishing between when it comes to music talk) call it.

At least know your shit before writing something off, and clearly Bacardi hasn't done his research here before making a definitive statement that was frankly ridiculous.

"Back in the 80's" you had to set the needle down, or ff/rew the tape and change it over, you ended up listening to the whole album the whole way through and things crept up and grew on you (or not)...the sort of thing that required an attention span.

You make it sound like over half the forum doesn't do exactly the same thing for anything that doesn't have an electric guitar in it. The way you say that gives the impression you have an issue with them writing off an entire genre, yet complain that music today isn't a "setting the needle down" and listening to a whole album experience. It's just a bit of a contradiction, and I'm not using that as something against you, it's a forum wide problem, from people on either side of the argument.

As Gunns said, "it's all subjective so no point arguing over if someone likes a song and the other calls it shit", but that's what makes discussion. It's a boring discussion if everyone says something is brilliant, and you get something akin to HTGTH. It's all subjective, so you've got to take everyone's opinion if you want any sort of decent discussion. That means accepting that people don't like hair metal or subpar punk music (in my opinion), the same way I'm sure you've plenty of genres you don't like.

Guest Gunns

Bitch fest over

I couldn't agree more.

You make it sound like over half the forum doesn't do exactly the same thing for anything that doesn't have an electric guitar in it. The way you say that gives the impression you have an issue with them writing off an entire genre, yet complain that music today isn't a "setting the needle down" and listening to a whole album experience. It's just a bit of a contradiction, and I'm not using that as something against you, it's a forum wide problem, from people on either side of the argument.

As Gunns said, "it's all subjective so no point arguing over if someone likes a song and the other calls it shit", but that's what makes discussion. It's a boring discussion if everyone says something is brilliant, and you get something akin to HTGTH. It's all subjective, so you've got to take everyone's opinion if you want any sort of decent discussion. That means accepting that people don't like hair metal or subpar punk music (in my opinion), the same way I'm sure you've plenty of genres you don't like.

But when people start making statements on things they have no knowledge about, then it really doesn't support their argument does it? They then go into the 'exaggeration/must be shit because of x,y,z mode' as a last clutch for straw type scenario at trying to save face. I think that's what Doom has a problem with, nothing to do with, not on what the actual person's opinion is, but how they present it and if their is ridiculous nonsense in their posts. But i'll let Doom speak for himself

Hey hey hey, don't lump me in like that- I didn't say "if you don't listen to it on a tape or vinyl you don't know shit" :P

My point is I have actually listened to and absorbed an album before shitcanning it, generally...I know it's all subjective dude.

I don't like Bob Dylan , The Sex Pistols or ABBA but I'd be a fucking fool to just write them off as *insert adjective here* rock and just flat out deny them.

Know your shit.

For the record, I gave the album a 5.5 (TSI?) and think it's an underwhelming, strange selection of songs.

Edited by DR DOOM

Meh album..... I like it but I dont get orgasms from it. It pisses me off that I didn't know any of those songs before, so it's like covers of what the fuck.

I wish there would be more "Popular" songs.

My favs are: black leather, ain't it fun, human being, down on the farm and the hidden not to be named track.

Since I Dont Have You, however, is a tune that gets played a lot in radio stations here. Specially on Sunday afternoons.