The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had like 20 corners and 10 shots on goal,

19 corners and 27 shots on goal for Belgium

Sick. Even as an avid fan of the Azzurri, Howard can now officially be spoken about in the same sentence as Buffon.....he really is that good.

Epic game, Belgium played their best of the tournament, how we ended up going into extra time 0-0, I still can't believe after all the chances we got; Howard definitely as good as Courtois in that regard. I think we can say that we deserved to win, but definitely some moments where I feared we could lose it, especially in the 92nd minute with that chance for the US and the last 5 minutes of the game the Americans kept pressing... Before the game, we took this win for granted, but given the fight the US put up, we'll settle for 2-1 :thumbsup:

• Like 2

So... we can add football to the list of things the British invented at which Americans are now better.

Didn't the Chinese invent soccer?

:P

No? I don't know about soccer but football (:P) was invented by Brits... or at least that's what has always been said. And everybody else uses it to mock them.

Sick. Even as an avid fan of the Azzurri, Howard can now officially be spoken about in the same sentence as Buffon.....he really is that good.

The goalkeepers are being the best thing of this WC so far. Ochoa, the Mexican one, was amazing too, especially against Brazil.

At this point in the championship seems it's all about not being goaled by your opponent.... At least last 4 matches have been that way. Sucks for the spectacle and entertainment.

Same thing happened in 2006.

Howard, Gonzalez, and Besler playing the games of their lives. So many Belgian chances and crosses they've had to defend.

After this World Cup, Howard should be getting looks from the world's best clubs.

Haha. I do not think you are being sarcastic or ironic on there but that is a great bit of humour there - any Evertonians in here?

PS

Did anyone see Glen Hoddle's gaffe, calling Algeria 'Al Jazeera'.haha

10413288_293701204142650_1615442395_n.jp

...all he's missing is a Davidoff....

:thumbsup:

Great game for Soccer all around. This World Cup has done wonders for the sport within the U.S. It's already beaten out Baseball, Basketball and Hockey in the television ratings. Phenomenal.... I wouldn't be surprised if soccer finally becomes a MAJOR sport in the U.S. ...within a decade.

It's about time!

;)

• Like 1

Great game for Soccer all around. This World Cup has done wonders for the sport within the U.S. It's already beaten out Baseball, Basketball and Hockey in the television ratings. Phenomenal.... I wouldn't be surprised if soccer finally becomes a MAJOR sport in the U.S. ...within a decade.

It's about time!

;)

Thats honestly great to hear. Was wondering how much attention the states team got, they were great throughout. Just dont call it soccer and we are set! :P