☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

I read somewhere that Axl takes a shot at Slash in the liner notes of the DVD/Blu. Can anyone conforim this and state what was said?

What did he say during Patience? "Living the dream"? Whats that? inside joke?

Edited by jz1276

I wish some of you toolbags actually cared about this thing as much as you posture, because I'm watching it right now - I'm only up to the middle of Brownstone so far - and there are so many cool or interesting or cringey or hilarious little moments that are worth geeking out over for supposed super fans. Alas.

The mix is really good. The crowd really sucks. BBF, you're the dude, you're talented as fuck, stop trying so hard to look the part.

• Like 3

So.. I watched a part of it, I'm up to YCBM now. I really liked it, the quality is great, sound and vision. When I put on the bluray, the audio settings are always stereo though, so I had to change it to 5.1 again. The band is really prominent, I can discern a lot more instruments/music than on anything else I've ever seen/heard. Regarding Axl, he sounds like I expected him to sound after seeing clips of 2012. I agree with Magisme and WFA, but I just always rate his voice five points more. (If they give him a 2, I'd give him a 7.) I just still love his voice so much. :wub: There are moments where he doesn't sound so good, but hey, it's live, it's normal to have weaker moments. I'm pleased he didn't do overdubs, so I know this is the real thing and it's not tweaked. And Mags can kill me now because I didn't find Estranged bad at all. I enjoyed it, although there were lesser moments, overall it was a good performance imo.

Didn't care too much for the solos so far. Didn't really like Richard's and Tommy's, but I heard them for the first time, so maybe they will grow on me. Dizzy's solo was fine though.

BBF remains my favourite band member. DJ is always looking at the camera, while BBF always seems to get into the music. Those two stand out to me, one positive, the other negative. It wasn't too bad though, DJ looks fine to me when he doesn't goof around with the camera.

I didn't care for the dancers, I would have gladly done without. Also, one of them has a hole in her stockings and it really bugs me. There is another one with the label of her bra showing at the back. That annoys me too, jighly unprofessional. I know I'm nitpicking terribly, but yeah, that's what you get when you have high quality video. Anyway, just a small nitpicky thing, I know, not important at all, but it just bugged me.

As for the 'casual fan' review from my other half... Sadly I couldn't really persuade him to sit down and watch it with me. He was in the room though, so he heard it and watched some of it. He was impressed by the quality of the blu ray and he found the performance okay. The only other remark he made was about Axl's moustache :lol:

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it. Love it!

EDIT: the bit about the dancers :)

Edited by Lio

Good show. I think Axl sounds good on everything except SCOM. He's got the clean voice through out most of it, but he never sounds out of breath or out of key. Mixing is excellent. Show looks great. It's a good release. I'd like to see one of the shows from this year's residency released, since Axl sounded even better at those. DJ is such a tool.

The real highlight is how awful Tommy was singing Motivation. Completely unintelligible and didn't even sound like he was in any key, but just mumble yelling shit out.

And Mags can kill me now because I didn't find Estranged bad at all.

We're enemies now. And you should probably see a doctor about your ears.

:( Just saw November Rain. I thought he sounded bad there (outro was good though). Does that redeem me somewhat ?

:( Just saw November Rain. I thought he sounded bad there (outro was good though). Does that redeem me somewhat ?

Maybe.

What did you think of the screams in LALD? Second and third ones in particular? :lol:

Maybe.

What did you think of the screams in LALD? Second and third ones in particular? :lol:

I wasn't too impressed, but I thought LALD was just okay. It isn't one of my favourites, never been, but it was okay for me. NR and SCOM are two songs that I usually don't like live (always been that way), and it's been confirmed. I always liked the outro of NR though. Great when Slash sat on the piano. I don't like it now Axl's flying away or high in the sky, while BBF is nowhere to be seen. I mean, I literally didn't see him doing possibly my favourite solo. There were shots of Fortus and DJ, but none of BBF, as far as I could tell. Will check again later.

• Like 2

Yeah, I can't remember specifics at the moment, but I recall thinking, "Isn't this a BBF part? Why am I looking at DJ?" Seriously, too, like 80% of the time DJ looks legit retarded. I don't mean he looks like an ass. I mean he looks like an actual retard. :lol:

Did you catch Axl's little modification to his "used to do a little" dance on Brownstone the last time he sings it? Hip hop influence.

Yeah, I can't remember specifics at the moment, but I recall thinking, "Isn't this a BBF part? Why am I looking at DJ?" Seriously, too, like 80% of the time DJ looks legit retarded. I don't mean he looks like an ass. I mean he looks like an actual retard. :lol:

Did you catch Axl's little modification to his "used to do a little" dance on Brownstone the last time he sings it? Hip hop influence.

DJ looks like a doll or has a little Edward Scissorhands going on, I think.

Funny you should mention that Brownstone thing. I think it was the only time I cringed looking at Axl.

Picking up where I left off last night. Why not? I have jack shit to do this morning.

Catcher wasn't bad. Would have liked to see a little more energy during the last part. Whatever.

Every time I see someone in the audience singing along to a CD song I wonder if it's someone from the forums. :lol:

Edited by magisme

Way too many cuts to creepy old woman during YCBM. Why would you cut to her with that grin on her face after "with your ass in the air," rockfuel? Are you trolling us? :lol:

I really enjoyed SOD. Richard and Dizzy are cute sitting together at the piano. Axl sounded pretty good. Working with the voice Axl put out for much of this show, rockfuel really couldn't have done a better job mixing it to make him sound OK. The really bad moments are still really bad. Nothing you can do about that. But some of the other weak moments are made decent or at least tolerable.

WTF? Ashba did Hogan ears before his shit solo? YOU SUCK THE WORSTEST GET OUT OF THE BAND!!!

Guest Gunns

I'm going to change this to -☬magisme's opinions-reviews-and-general-thoughts-on-the-performancesoundvisuals-in-appetite-for-democracy-3d-concert-release-☬

so the last 2 pages are on topic :lol:

Guest Gunns

nah keep it going, your reviews have been the most honest, insightful and hilarious. No one is stopping you now, stopping you now