☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

Just got round to watching the trailer and Chinese.

Sounds really fine, can't fault it I guess, but went in with pre conceived ideas of what I hoped would be there - more varied cutaways, faster switching between them, more CUs of band members - I always felt at a slight distance for some reason.

There was also a strange emptiness to it sonically and visually, the latter of which I'd probably put down to the venue. Shit crowd too, give me a blazing arena show with a nuts crowd any day.

Cringed hard at the band being referred to as 'legendary rockers' or whatever in the trailer.

Props to rockfuel for working with this circus and getting a product out of it.

The "Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle....Gonna die" part of Jungle sounded amazing. This is a great performance of the song from Axl, especially considering the fact that The Axl Rose Disaster Part II was only a month prior. It's So Easy on now

It's So Easy sounds meh. Kind of hard to fuck it up, but Axl seems to be using a deeper than normal voice. He hits the right notes though. Brownstone now

Did they miss the que in Brownstone? Drum intro went on a bit longer than usual. Axl doing this thing with his voice where he's weaving in and out of a really deep voice. It sounds weird. Instrumentally this is a good performance of the song. Axl sounded a bit weak on the last few lyrics. Estranged on now

Estranged was horrible, absolutely terrible performance from Axl

You see what I was saying about the weird deep voice, right?

Yeah, what the hell was that?

Rocket Queen on now

Rocket Queen sucks so far, another weak performance from Axl

Skipping the solos because I don't care about them. Skipping LALD because it's a shit cover of a shit song. This I Love on, bracing myself for Dj's solo

This I Love is meh to bad. He seems to be struggling a bit. Jesus though, this solo is fucking awful. Please, someone PM forum member DJ ASHBA a link to purchase the official Chinese Democracy tab booklet

The "I'll never say goodbye" lyric from TIL was terrible.

Better on now.

Better sounds ok. Raspy intro. It sounds better than some of the other performances I've heard. Not an amazing performance, but not a terrible one. Skipping Motivation and Dizzy's solo for now. Catcher on now

Catcher is a solid meh so far. It's not by any means a shit performance, but it's not quite like the 2009 Asia tour or any 2010 show.

Street of Dreams on now.. Instrumentally this has been a great show. Rockfuel did a good job mixing

street of dreams sounds pretty good.

You Could Be Mine :facepalm: I'm not re-visiting this.

Skipping Dj's solo. Don't need to listen to it to know that "abomination" will suffice. Not listening to SCOM again. Same w/ Another Brick and November. I like Objectify but will listen later. Don't Cry on now

solid rasp at the end of DC

oh shit never mind, from rasp to mickey in just a second

Civil War he seems to be doing that weaving thing with his voice like he did in Easy and Brownstone.

Civil War sounding good

Civil War was a good performance. I liked it. The Seeker is on now, it sounds pretty good. It sounds the same as the other performances of the song so if you like those, you'll like this. It's a good cover.

Not sitting through a 12+ minute performance of KOHD. That song is a pissbreak. Skipped Instrumental Jam. Listening to Nightrain now, so far it's good.

Nightrain is the best performance since Welcome To The Jungle. Axl sounds great

• Like 1

Used To Love Her on now. It sounds decent, but this is another one of those songs where it's hard to fuck it up

Am I the only one who liked Rocket Queen? I though it sounded great

I thought it was a weak performance vocally.

UTLH was a good performance, I liked it. Patience on now. It's almost 10 minutes, not sure if I'll listen to the whole thing

Skipped ahead almost 3 minutes to get to the song. Don't care to listen to the instrumental jams

and there's the LIVING THE DREAM comment. I lol'd.

Patience was a solid performance. PC on now

PC sounded meh. It's not strong, but it's not terrible. It sounds like 2012 Axl, but with a small amount of effort.

overall performance: a strong meh.

highlights: CD, Jungle, Fortus, Better, Motivation, Catcher, Street of Dreams, Objectify, Nightrain, Seeker, UTLH, Patience

Rockfuel did a great job on the audio mixing.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Blu Ray and wish the 3D movie had been shown closer to home. I lurk more than I post. I read a lot of the DVD criticisms and I feel there's a lot of overanalyzing going on. It's a live performance. Are there some song performances I enjoy more than others? Sure. Axl didn't sing a song the way you wanted him to? Really? Get the fuck out of here. It's a live show! The hate for DJ Ashba has become laughable in some cases. He doesn't dress the way you want him to? WTF? I am not a guitarist so I won't pretend to know how skilled or unskilled he is as a player, but I would like to think that Axl Rose, Nikki Sixx, etc. have a better understanding of what he brings to the table than any of us do. I simply know that he brought a lot of energy to the GNR shows I attended and I like his work with GNR as well as with Sixx AM. To each his own, of course. Criticize, rip, hate, do what you're going to do. I came away very satisfied with my DVD purchase. I wish there was more to the extras, but I thought the look and sound was great. Top notch.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the hell out of the Blu Ray and wish the 3D movie had been shown closer to home. I lurk more than I post. I read a lot of the DVD criticisms and I feel there's a lot of overanalyzing going on. It's a live performance. Are there some song performances I enjoy more than others? Sure. Axl didn't sing a song the way you wanted him to? Really? Get the fuck out of here. It's a live show! The hate for DJ Ashba has become laughable in some cases. He doesn't dress the way you want him to? WTF? I am not a guitarist so I won't pretend to know how skilled or unskilled he is as a player, but I would like to think that Axl Rose, Nikki Sixx, etc. have a better understanding of what he brings to the table than any of us do. I simply know that he brought a lot of energy to the GNR shows I attended and I like his work with GNR as well as with Sixx AM. To each his own, of course. Criticize, rip, hate, do what you're going to do. I came away very satisfied with my DVD purchase. I wish there was more to the extras, but I thought the look and sound was great. Top notch.

lol fuck u.

lol fuck u.

My apologies for enjoying the DVD and not sharing the hatred of a guitar player. I'll make sure it never happens again.

Well, I am a guitarist and trust me, his skills are very limited. Axl Rose, based on the way he mocks DJ on stage, is probably aware of that. Why he keeps him around? Good question. I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD but if criticism hurt your feelings so much, don't read them.

Well, I am a guitarist and trust me, his skills are very limited. Axl Rose, based on the way he mocks DJ on stage, is probably aware of that. Why he keeps him around? Good question. I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD but if criticism hurt your feelings so much, don't read them.

Hurt my feelings? So if someone finds the overanalyzing nitpicks to be petty then their feelings are hurt? Try harder. As I said, express your opinions. I expressed mine. Hopefully it didn't, um, hurt your feelings.

As for Ashba, what's the secret? How has a guy with what you feel are limited skills been able to work with two rock legends and have so much success? Genuine question, no sarcasm intended.

Hurt my feelings? So if someone finds the overanalyzing nitpicks to be petty then their feelings are hurt? Try harder. As I said, express your opinions. I expressed mine. Hopefully it didn't, um, hurt your feelings.

As for Ashba, what's the secret? How has a guy with what you feel are limited skills been able to work with two rock legends and have so much success? Genuine question, no sarcasm intended.

Hard to tell. Maybe it's his marketability. Teenage girls like his emo/goth dad style. His skills are limited and rock legend Axl Rose has been spotted openly laughing at him on stage, so did Tommy.

Can you explain to me how shitty acts like Justin Bieber or whoever is the new fad manage to have so much success? Genuine question. DJ sucks.

inb4youenvyhisrocknrolllifestyle

Hard to tell. Maybe it's his marketability. Teenage girls like his emo/goth dad style. His skills are limited and rock legend Axl Rose has been spotted openly laughing at him on stage, so did Tommy.

Can you explain to me how shitty acts like Justin Bieber or whoever is the new fad manage to have so much success? Genuine question. DJ sucks.

inb4youenvyhisrocknrolllifestyle

I get your point on Bieber. I guess I view Youtube sensations/pop stars differently than I do a musician hired to join an established band or brought in to perform with another successful musicians. Just genuinely curious what your take was. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1