☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

amazing review on Amazon:

1 Star-

Where is Buckethead?!?!?!?!

I'll be the first too admit to admit I am a huge bucket head fan. He single handingly turned guns and roses around. He is not only the greatest guitar player ever, he also does it with a bucket on his head. Talk about pure talent. He saved guns and roses, and yet they don't even add him on here. If you are a bucket head fan I do not recommended this and also it's missing guns and roses biggest song.

1 Star-

I'll be the first too admit to admit I am a huge bucket head fan. He single handingly turned guns and roses around. He is not only the greatest guitar player ever, he also does it with a bucket on his head. Talk about pure talent. He saved guns and roses, and yet they don't even add him on here. If you are a bucket head fan I do not recommended this and also it's missing guns and roses biggest song.

Read that too. I just wonder what GNR's biggest song is ?

• Like 1

1 Star-

Probably about as accurate and useful as the rest of the Amazon reviews. :lol:

1 Star-

Read that too. I just wonder what GNR's biggest song is ?

Scraped. Obviously. Did you miss the thread?
  • Like 1

Purchased the BD yesterday and watched the whole show in a couple different sittings.

The actual performance is FAR better overall than the one I got during the same residency. Axl sounds better on much of the show than he did at my show and the band is a lot tighter. The band itself, outside of Ashba™ is the star of the show. Axl does have a lot of moments where he kicks ass, but there are more misses than hits. All the misses have been discussed at length: RQ, SCoM, etc. He's better than I was expecting on some songs like Better and Nightrain.

The picture quality and sound quality is excellent. I'm no expert on BD PQ, but it's one of the best looking live BDs that I have. There's no crush or noise in the black/darker shots. The sound is crystal clear throughout and mixed very well. As I mentioned before, I think the 3D is fucking amazing. I'm not a 3D guy at all. The only reason I own a 3D TV is because it came along with the model that I wanted for other features. I do own more than a few 3D BDs though. Ones where the 3D movie was packed in with the 2D version. None of them have ever seemed like a big deal to me, but this one is. There's great depth on the picture all of the time and ZERO ghosting all the way across the image.

Guns N' Roses Performance: 6/10

Blu-Ray Image/Sound Quality: 10/10

• Like 1

Purchased the BD yesterday and watched the whole show in a couple different sittings.

The actual performance is FAR better overall than the one I got during the same residency. Axl sounds better on much of the show than he did at my show and the band is a lot tighter. The band itself, outside of Ashba is the star of the show. Axl does have a lot of moments where he kicks ass, but there are more misses than hits. All the misses have been discussed at length: RQ, SCoM, etc. He's better than I was expecting on some songs like Better and Nightrain.

The picture quality and sound quality is excellent. I'm no expert on BD PQ, but it's one of the best looking live BDs that I have. There's no crush or noise in the black/darker shots. The sound is crystal clear throughout and mixed very well. As I mentioned before, I think the 3D is fucking amazing. I'm not a 3D guy at all. The only reason I own a 3D TV is because it came along with the model that I wanted for other features. I do own more than a few 3D BDs though. Ones where the 3D movie was packed in with the 2D version. None of them have ever seemed like a big deal to me, but this one is. There's great depth on the picture all of the time and ZERO ghosting all the way across the image.

Thought you werent gonna buy it :jerkoff:

The actual performance is FAR better overall than the one I got during the same residency. Axl sounds better on much of the show than he did at my show and the band is a lot tighter. The band itself, outside of Ashba™ is the star of the show. Axl does have a lot of moments where he kicks ass, but there are more misses than hits. All the misses have been discussed at length: RQ, SCoM, etc. He's better than I was expecting on some songs like Better and Nightrain.

Yet another awesome contribution from you, well played. Feel free to go back through the threads and read the discussion about why I changed my mind and made the purchase.

The actual performance is FAR better overall than the one I got during the same residency. Axl sounds better on much of the show than he did at my show and the band is a lot tighter. The band itself, outside of Ashba is the star of the show. Axl does have a lot of moments where he kicks ass, but there are more misses than hits. All the misses have been discussed at length: RQ, SCoM, etc. He's better than I was expecting on some songs like Better and Nightrain.

Yet another awesome contribution from you, well played. Feel free to go back through the threads and read the discussion about why I changed my mind and made the purchase.

I contribution a lot more then you thats for sure

Feel free to take your off topic trolling to PMs.

I wouldnt waste my time

I wouldnt waste my time

Clearly you would.. Lol

• Like 1

I wouldnt waste my time

Clearly you would.. Lol

Fair chance hes all ready read them mate

I smell ban hammer. Call him a motherfucker, too, Russ. I promise it'll make you feel better. :lol:

:lol:

In order to help get the thread back on track, here's a re-post of my review that you asked for:

Guest Gunns

In summary,

All sizzle no steak,

all style no substance :lol:

in all honesty though, I'll watch the whole thing before writing a review, I can only comment on how Axl has sounded as I have the audio only and he's not spectacular to say the least. Maybe my opinion might improve once I become engrossed in the 3D and other 'distractions' that might take away from Axls voice, but detrimentally enhance Dj shit shtick

Edited by Gunns

In summary,

All sizzle no steak,

in all honesty though, I'll watch the whole thing before writing a review, I can only comment on how Axl has sounded as I have the audio only and he's not spectacular to say the least. Maybe my opinon might improve once I become engrosed in the 3D and other 'distractions' that might take away from Axls voice, but detrimentally enhance Dj shit shtick

I'd say the "all sizzle...all style..." remarks are close to the mark. It's a little different for me because I genuinely like some cats in the band that others seem to hate. I dig Franks playing quite a bit for example, and I don't mind Pitman. So I'm definitely looking at the show through slightly different eyes than many others. Not saying it's better way to look at the show, just saying it's different. The parts that aren't enjoyable to watch/hear are just plain Axl's fault. <_<

Guest Gunns

In summary,

All sizzle no steak,

in all honesty though, I'll watch the whole thing before writing a review, I can only comment on how Axl has sounded as I have the audio only and he's not spectacular to say the least. Maybe my opinon might improve once I become engrosed in the 3D and other 'distractions' that might take away from Axls voice, but detrimentally enhance Dj shit shtick

I'd say the "all sizzle...all style..." remarks are close to the mark. It's a little different for me because I genuinely like some cats in the band that others seem to hate. I dig Franks playing quite a bit for example, and I don't mind Pitman. So I'm definitely looking at the show through slightly different eyes than many others. Not saying it's better way to look at the show, just saying it's different. The parts that aren't enjoyable to watch/hear are just plain Axl's fault. <_<

Which unfortunately, 90% of the general public will be focusing on 1 person and his performance in particular.

Edited by Gunns
  • Like 1

In summary,

All sizzle no steak,

Which unfortunately, 90% of the general public will be focusing on 1 person and his performance in particular.

You're exactly right.

I think I mentioned this yesterday, but a friend stopped by yesterday while I was watching the show. I ran it back and showed him CD, Jungle and Better just so he could see the 3D and a little of the show. I wouldn't have bothered showing him any other songs because I couldn't remember which other songs Axl sounded good on, which is a bummer.

Nightrain is good. That's the only other song I'd show people unless I was trying to make them laugh or cry.

...or wanted their input on whether the vocals should be overdubbed :lol:
Exactly. Every song other than CD, Jungle, Better and Nightrain has lots of terrible vocals. So all of them would be candidates. Edited by magisme