Butter Vs. Margarine

Snake-Pit

Butter Vs. Margarine (Public Poll)  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Asians don't consume dairy at all. They are generally intolerant to it.

How do you work that one out, they fuckin' live off it back where my lot come from :lol: Shit, they have dairy products you ain't even heard of over here. In fact, they laugh at western dairy products, they consider them impure.

Because "your lot" isn't representative for most Asians who happen to be lactose intolerant. So Asians being "generally intolerant to [dairy products]" is accurate.

No, no, no. You don't need to justify the lube. Dry toast hurts like hell going down. That's justification enough for lots of lube.

The one time I had a rather severe hangover and thought I was going to puke I had dry toast and it made my tummy feel much better and made the dizziness go away. It was actually quite appetising at that point in time because I couldn't stomach anything else and it did the trick. :)

How do you work that one out, they fuckin' live off it back where my lot come from :lol: Shit, they have dairy products you ain't even heard of over here. In fact, they laugh at western dairy products, they consider them impure.

Because "your lot" isn't representative for most Asians who happen to be lactose intolerant. So Asians being "generally intolerant to [dairy products]" is accurate.

im generally lactose intolerant. that said, i might be Asian :lol:

3 % of Norwegians are lactose intolerant, 3 % of Sri Lankans are lactose tolerant.

Being able to digest lactose as adults is a fairly recent evolutionary trait and distinguishes humans from our relatives.

Guest Len B'stard

But who, where, where do you get this information cuz i never heard nothing like it, quite the opposite for most of the nations in Asia in fact.

3 % of Norwegians are lactose intolerant, 3 % of Sri Lankans are lactose tolerant.

Being able to digest lactose as adults is a fairly recent evolutionary trait and distinguishes humans from our relatives.

My partner is lactose intolerant. He had a severe bout of food poisoning in Thailand some years ago which completely fucked up some of the enzymes in his digestive system. Since then he has not been able to properly digest dairy. We use lactose free milk, which is fine.

But who, where, where do you get this information cuz i never heard nothing like it, quite the opposite for most of the nations in Asia in fact.

That might be true, but I am talking about populations, not number of countries, and India and neighbouring countries makes up the majority of Asians and they tend to be lactose intolerant. That's why Asians are generally lactose intolerant, although the variation is big. Not only that, most humans on Earth are lactose intolerant so one might say that humans are generally intolerant to dairy products, too, although, again, the variation is big and you would find countries where most people are lactose tolerant within Asia and of course in Europe.

And since you asked for sources. Any textbook on human genetics would probably have a chapter on lactose intolerance. You could also read this: http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.genet.37.110801.143820 ("Lactase activity is high and vital during infancy, but in most mammals, including most humans, lactase activity declines after the weaning phase").

Guest Len B'stard
India and neighbouring countries makes up the majority of Asians and they tend to be lactose intolerant.

And I'm telling you they swear by it :lol: Particularly in India and the surrounding countries.

It's also been suggested that women can but shouldn't ingest cow's milk or any other form of milk due to the fact that they are able to produce their own milk. Any race that is able to produce milk are apparently better off if they don't ingest the milk from another species.

My partner is lactose intolerant. He had a severe bout of food poisoning in Thailand some years ago which completely fucked up some of the enzymes in his digestive system. Since then he has not been able to properly digest dairy. We use lactose free milk, which is fine.

My wife is lactose intolerant, too. She is from the Sami indigenous people where lactose intolerance is quite prevalent. It threw a spanner in the works when I started dating her because one part of my wooing strategy was my cooking and it was bloody hard to get lactose-reduced dairy products in Norway and how the hell was I supposed to make great sauces without proper cream?

India and neighbouring countries makes up the majority of Asians and they tend to be lactose intolerant.

And I'm telling you they swear by it :lol: Particularly in India and the surrounding countries.

I was under the impression that because of the weather conditions dairy didn't become a major part of most Asian countries due to the need for refrigeration. Nowadays that's not an issue, but before the days of electricity, which is also when all cuisines were established, it wasn't a reality. I figured that's why things like coconut milk and cream were used in lots of Indian curries because of the fact that it was available without refrigeration.

It's also been suggested that women can but shouldn't ingest cow's milk or any other form of milk due to the fact that they are able to produce their own milk. Any race that is able to produce milk are apparently better off if they don't ingest the milk from another species.

Sounds dubious to me. I can't see any biochemical reason why ingesting milk from other mammals would interfere with human women's ability to produce their own milk. As an analogy, we eat the flesh of other animals but still have no problems produce our own flesh.

My wife is lactose intolerant, too. She is from the Sami indigenous people where lactose intolerance is quite prevalent. It threw a spanner in the works when I started dating her because one part of my wooing strategy was my cooking and it was bloody hard to get lactose-reduced dairy products in Norway and how the hell was I supposed to make great sauces without proper cream?

:lol: Can you get them now? Here in Oz there's a wide range of lactose free milk and cream products. Several brands offer it so it goes to show that a decent portion of the population suffer from the condition.

Sounds dubious to me. I can't see any biochemical reason why ingesting milk from other mammals would interfere with human women's ability to produce their own milk. As an analogy, we eat the flesh of other animals but still have no problems produce our own flesh.
I have a good friend who is a martial arts master and he reads a lot of Chinese texts, particularly relating to health and it's a widely held view amongst the Chinese community. Then again, perhaps it's their justification for not being able to process those products? Edited by Redhead74

Guest Len B'stard

I was under the impression that because of the weather conditions dairy didn't become a major part of most Asian countries due to the need for refrigeration. Nowadays that's not an issue, but before the days of electricity, which is also when all cuisines were established, it wasn't a reality. I figured that's why things like coconut milk and cream were used in lots of Indian curries because of the fact that it was available without refrigeration.

They still don't have electricity but like, it kinda just gets used y'know? As opposed to stored.

Guest Len B'stard

Big, veined, black cocks all the way for me.

Why do they have to be black? :lol:

Because they're the nicest variety of the big veined cocks.

I suddenly feel like a bag of liqourice allsorts :lol:

Big, veined, black cocks all the way for me.

Why do they have to be black? :lol:

Because they're the nicest variety of the big veined cocks.

I suddenly feel like a bag of liqourice allsorts :lol:

Maybe I could tempt you with some boiled lollies? :awesomeface:

You are correct (by Asian I was referring to China etc). Ghee, cream and milk in curries - dairy, you could argue, forms the basis of the subcontinental diet. This lactose intolerance is complete bollocks.