Butter Vs. Margarine

Snake-Pit

Butter Vs. Margarine (Public Poll)  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well i fuckin' don't, especially when you are specifying that a massive portion of countries whoose national dishes are centred around dairy products are intolerant to it, it's absolutely ridiculous.

No one has specified that the populations in any countries where the national dishes are centred around dairy products, are lactose intolerant. This is just you not understanding that even if some countries in Asia may have traditional foods based on dairy that doesn't contradict the fact that the majority of Asians may still be lactose intolerant.

Sorry, still doesn't make any sense :lol: Look, lemme explain this shit to you, guy wakes up in Kashmir, for breakfast he has an egg and a paratha (a kinda bread thing) covered in butter...he drinks milk thats right out of the cow that lives in the barn yard adjacent to his house, he eats milk based curry with chapatti's, he has like, cream and....fuck knows what it's called over here but it's called Makkan over there and it's butterey as fuck, it's eaten with literally everything.

Now how in the fuck are these people lactose intolerant?!? Forget about some fuckin' graph that you got off the internet, look at the fuckin' reality here, I mean just cuz 'a study' says shit is a certain are you gonna start denying the nose on your face?

FFS Len! Asia comprises 50 counteies! You're talking a few countries here at best. You can't apply the logic of Pakistan and a couple of neighbouring countries as being the 'norm' for ALL of Asia. Basically the 'Asians' that I know personally, with the exception of one Afghani woman and her family and one Indian girl I work with, they are all basically lactose intolerant. Japanese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese.........

Soul, you are pulling a fast one here. Kashmir may not be representative of Asia, but diary products are representative of sub-Himalayan cuisine! Can I just clarify what you are saying here? Are you saying, let’s say, the Chinese have a lower lactose tolerance because they historically never developed diary farming?

Again, whether dairy products exist or not in Asia, and even whether they are commonly eaten in some areas, does not contradict the prevalence of lactose intolerance in Asia.

I haven't said anything about the reasons for Chinese, or anyone else, in general being lactose intolerant. In fact, I don't think anyone here has started to talk about the reasons for this (or rather, why, say, Scandinavians generally aren't lactose intolerant). I am only talking about whether the majority of Asians, or Indians, are lactose intolerant, and the numbers are clear. The fact that dairy is consumed in India, and in particularly in Kashmir, doesn't matter.

Well i fuckin' don't, especially when you are specifying that a massive portion of countries whoose national dishes are centred around dairy products are intolerant to it, it's absolutely ridiculous.

No one has specified that the populations in any countries where the national dishes are centred around dairy products, are lactose intolerant. This is just you not understanding that even if some countries in Asia may have traditional foods based on dairy that doesn't contradict the fact that the majority of Asians may still be lactose intolerant.
Sorry, still doesn't make any sense :lol: Look, lemme explain this shit to you, guy wakes up in Kashmir, for breakfast he has an egg and a paratha (a kinda bread thing) covered in butter...he drinks milk thats right out of the cow that lives in the barn yard adjacent to his house, he eats milk based curry with chapatti's, he has like, cream and....fuck knows what it's called over here but it's called Makkan over there and it's butterey as fuck, it's eaten with literally everything.

Now how in the fuck are these people lactose intolerant?!? Forget about some fuckin' graph that you got off the internet, look at the fuckin' reality here, I mean just cuz 'a study' says shit is a certain are you gonna start denying the nose on your face?

If you can't understand that a kid in Kashmir isn't representative to every Asian person then I give up. If you don't grasp that the Kashmiri boy could be one out of millions of lactose tolerant people in Asia which still allows for the majority of Asians being lactose intolerant, then there's nothing I can do for you.

It's funny though. I guess in your world every Asian dresses in Kashmir clothes, are Muslims and speak Hindi, too, just like that kid of yours in Kashmir.

Uh, they dont speak hindi in kashmir. I tell you what they do do though, they eat pretty much the same food as they do in India, in Bangladesh, in Sri Lanka, in Pakistan and them...thats a pretty big chunk of Asia and moreover specifically the part of Asia that you specified as being lactose intolerant...now if you cant understand that then i dunno what to say to ya.

I never said a part of Asia was lactose intolerant. I said that the majority of people in various areas are lactose intolerant. That's a big difference. As for India, the percentage of people being lactose intolerant has been measured to between 70 and 80 %. This might be confusing to you since you insist on extrapolating from your Kashmir experience, or because India has dairy products, but it still remains a fact. It might be less confusing to you if you consider that lactose intolerance gradually develops as we mature, meaning that most kids and any adolescents may consume dairy products, and that a large minority (20-30 %) may eat dairy products without any ill effects, and that even people with lactose intolerance may consume dairy products occasionally -- enough to preserve certain dairy food traditions.

India also has two very different types of cuisines from the north to the south. I imagine that would explain why some people are able to digest it and some not.

Guest Len B'stard

No, you do it cuz its an easy definition and you look for an obvious correlation, like a brown face...and then just make the rest up :lol:

Lactose Intolerance in the Indian Dairyland (http://sciencelife.uchospitals.edu/2011/09/14/lactose-tolerance-in-the-indian-dairyland/)

One corner of the world where lactose tolerance has not been well studied is India. Cattle have a long history in India, both as an agricultural animal and a figure of worship. In fact, India has grown to become the world’s largest producer of milk, using both cattle and water buffalo as dairy animals. Cheese, yogurt, and cream-based curries are a staple of the Indian diet, and many Indian citizens consider themselves lactose tolerant. But other than a few small studies, nobody had looked at whether Indians have their own unique mutation – or whether they were even as tolerant of dairy as commonly thought.

[...]

Another surprising fact was turned up by the researchers when they measure just how common the lactose tolerance mutation was among Indian populations. The mutation was found in less than 1 out of 5 individuals tested, a figure far lower than anticipated by many of the project’s Indian advisors.

[...]

“When I became interested in this project, everybody said ‘Everyone in India drinks milk,’” Gallego Romero said. “But when we got the results, we said, ‘No, only 18 percent of people in India are digesting milk, nobody else is.’”

[...]

“I guarantee you that if you make most Indians drink a big glass of milk, they will not come back to you saying everyone in India drinks milk any more,” Gallego Romero said.

Edited by SoulMonster

Guest Len B'stard

I dont why i should have to be a fuckin' Arab just cuz you lot are shit at geography :lol: quite frankly i dont think its got shit to do with that anyway, you lot are brainy as fuck when you wannabe, pulling out stats about the way digestive systems of other countries work and that, all knowledgable and that, im sure you could work out the difference between Asia and the middle east if you wanted to :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

I dont why i should have to be a fuckin' Arab just cuz you lot are shit at geography :lol: quite frankly i dont think its got shit to do with that anyway, you lot are brainy as fuck when you wannabe, pulling out stats about the way digestive systems of other countries work and that, all knowledgable and that, im sure you could work out the difference between Asia and the middle east if you wanted to :lol:

Shut up you fucking belligerent Semitic coont! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Shut up you fucking belligerent Semitic coont! :lol:

Thank you surrrr! :lol:

Middle East is part of Asia. Duh. Just a minor variety. They basically wear more white and are slightly more likely to blow themselves up when angered. Yeah, and camels.

We are talking about the Indian subcontinent here (India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka etc) which accounts for, 45% of Asia's population. So 45% of Asians consume a diet which they are, intolerant to! They probably in fact consume more than the countries which are regarded as largely, tolerant (e.g. Northern Europe)! It does not add up.

The thing is, I am willing to accept there might be something in all of this when it is applied to the remaining 55% of Asians as the consume a diet which is virtually completely absent of diary produce. It is theoretically possible that natural selection did not equip them with the metabolism to withstand a food produce which they did not experience until the onset of modern globalisation.

Guest Len B'stard

Middle East is part of Asia. Duh. Just a minor variety. They basically wear more white and are slightly more likely to blow themselves up when angered. Yeah, and camels.

If it was just themselves they were blowing up they wouldn't have you lot rediscovering your feminine sides like they do :lol:

'We love diary products!'

'No you dont, you're intolerant to em!'

'But we have em every day...more than you even'

'Yeah, well you ain't digesting it!'

'How do you know?'

'Its says so on the internet, there's a study and everything!

'OK'

*continues happily consuming copious amounts of dairy products*

:lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

We are talking about the Indian subcontinent here (India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka etc) which accounts for, 45% of Asia's population. So 45% of Asians consume a diet which they are, intolerant to!

Your presumption that 100 % of these people consume dairy is erroneous. And yes, many lactose intolerant people regularly consume dairy products. See the article I linked to for more information on this.

If it was just themselves they were blowing up they wouldn't have you lot rediscovering your feminine sides like they do :lol:

'We love diary products!'

'No you dont, you're intolerant to em!'

'But we have em every day...more than you even'

'Yeah, well you ain't digesting it!'

'How do you know?'

'Its says so on the internet, there's a study and everything!

'OK'

*continues happily consuming copious amounts of dairy products*

:lol:

Still extrapolating....

Guest Len B'stard

I dont why i should have to be a fuckin' Arab just cuz you lot are shit at geography :lol:

Yeah, I figured that would get up your arse. :lol:

I've heard it tons on here but I've never really made a point of it but while we're here and on the topic i thought i'd let it out, unburden myself :lol: