I want to talk about how bad this is...

Is a tactful move to sink tentacles in that WWF save the planet money pile. I think there is some sort of an opening for such simple let-me-tell-you-like-it-is PETA rock. Pretty sure there are tons of PETA PITAs literally throwing money at a song like this. I wish I had so little problems I could suddenly start giving a flying fuck about crocodiles.

Please, take a moment to imagine how many stomped, mutilated carcasses of dead orphan baby pandas are rotting in gigantic carbon footprint of Sorum. Hauling asses of himself and the filming crew to South Africa and back alone was enough to kill more of this planet than he'll ever save.

Video wasn't that bad I thought. Obviously they had like 400 dollar budget. 375 dollars went in hauling Sorum's ass to some safari and back. Him staring the poor innocent animals doing cool stuff on big screen was a fine " budget solution" I thought. Vid would have been better and less campy had it stuck to Sorum and myself just watching them animals off his screen.

Why the fuck is there picture of DJ Ashba on top of my screen??? Make it stop

make it stop

jesus

Edited by LTD

Matt Sorum's Fierce Joy - For the Wild Ones:

I know this was posted before, but I feel the title lacked the punch it needed for this gem to truly spread throughout the world.

ER sent it to me a few days ago and honestly, this video is just... too special not to be seen by absolutely everyone. :lol:

Shame, I thought his first single was alright. Oh well. :shrugs:

sHOTyFQ.gif

it's not bad at all.

slash's latest song is much worse.

This is the corniest thing I've ever seen. Bad lip synching on the back of the truck, especially the limp "woah-oah." He has zero star power. Looks like a poser. I'm surprised it didn't end with fireworks and flag waving and animals of different species holding paws with Matt on their back, a moden day Noah.

• Like 1

Yeah the song sucks. I'm sure Matt knows it. I'm sure he doesn't believe this is going to become a huge radio hit.

But he just wanted to use whatever tiny bit of fame he has to contribute to something he feels is a worthy cause.

I eat animals. I hunt, fish, kill and butcher the animals. But there's a difference between eating animals and outright cruelty.

So, good for Matt. It's light years ahead of anything #demented that DJ has ever done.

• Like 2

I'm honestly shocked this isn't being universally laughed at. It's one of the worst songs and one of the worst videos I've ever seen. And I don't mean just music videos. I mean pretty much any moving images that have ever been put on a screen.

• Like 1

Won't watch the video because I don't like seeing animals being beaten and shit.

That's actually the real reason why I stopped watching it. Laughing at bad music and video is great fun, but I can't handle that other shit. Carefully constructed and maintained ignorance is bliss.

Won't watch the video because I don't like seeing animals being beaten and shit.

That's actually the real reason why I stopped watching it. Laughing at bad music and video is great fun, but I can't handle that other shit. Carefully constructed and maintained ignorance is bliss.

I get what you guys are saying. As a huge animal lover it breaks my heart seeing videos of animal abuse, but it's important to see these things for yourself if you want to learn about it and help put an end to it.

• Like 4

I get what you guys are saying. As a huge animal lover it breaks my heart seeing videos of animal abuse, but it's important to see these things for yourself if you want to learn about it and help put an end to it.

Exactly. I watch vids and documentaries of animal abuse, and it leads to me making changes. I don't go to Sea World, I don't eat "exotic" animals when I travel (you can get whale sushi in japan), I don't buy fur, I don't go to circuses.

Sometimes we need to see the horrors before we can actually make a change.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 3

Exactly. I watch vids and documentaries of animal abuse, and it leads to me making changes. I don't go to Sea World, I don't eat "exotic" animals when I travel (you can get whale sushi in japan), I don't buy fur, I don't go to circuses.

Sometimes we need to see the horrors before we can actually make a change.

I don't live in the US so I'm nowhere near Seaworld, but even if I lived nextdoor to an SW park I'd never go. That company makes me sick.

But yeah, I don't go to the zoo or circus, I don't buy/wear fur or leather and I also don't eat meat (You can of course still be an animal activist without being a vegetarian or vegan though).

I used to have a blog about the horrors of cetecean captivity but I deleted it recently. I'm still active in signing petitions and spreading the word when I can though. Plus I've adopted an orca through Whale & Dolphin Conservation, the money I paid for the adoption goes towards campaings against whaling and ending captivity.

So yeah, I guess that's why I don't understand what people have against this video. As long as the message is being spread I don't care how it's done.

The video actually has a powerful impact, if one allows it.

• Like 2

The video actually has a powerful impact, if one allows it.

Agree. That was my initial point, but people were way too eager to just chuckle and dismiss it.

• Like 1