I want to talk about how bad this is...

Guest Gunns

Don't you realise? People have to talk in extremities to cut through the logical reasoning from others in order to feel like they've made a point that will generate replies from others.

Scraped played backwards is 10x better than this song, and no ladies and gentlemen, that isn't talking in extremities that's the gods honest truth!

I think that may be extremities. :lol:

Inconqueablegibberish>"The wolfs child is living wild and the bear's a punk rocker"

You decide

I don't see what's so hilarious about the video? It sends a strong and powerful message in regards to something he is obviously extremely passionate about. Some images were disturbing, but enlightening as well, and he's dedicating what "fame" he has to get that message out there, in an interesting way. Good for him.

Yeah, I acknowledged that, I think the message is great. It's just that the song is awful and the video is cheesy beyond comprehension.

The song isn't good for sure, but I don't see the video as cheesy at all. Maybe it's because I love animals as well, so I get what his intentions were with it. Certainly it's not your typical music video, and it wasn't meant to be. He's (trying) to send a message, and I guess people will get it or they won't.

Maybe it wouldn't have seemed as cheesy if he had half naked girls giving him a lap dance while he sat there watching the screen.

There's nothing to get, it's obviously about animal rights... you don't have to be a Matt sorum biographer to work that one out. The song is very, very average musically and the lyrics and vocal performance leave a lot! to be desired. Matt is obviously very passionate about animal rights so he OBVIOUSLY thought it would make perfect sense to go "Hey, man! I love animals, why don't I write and record a song about that? animals don't have voices so... maybe I can be the voice of the animals... I like the ring of that... voice of the animals!!"

Great message, but maybe write a decent song, release it, donate the money to animal conservations and then do a video appeal. Slash has the system right, He's not writing songs about how cool snakes are, but he does appeals for Zoos etc.

I've listened to the album in its entirety... it's not Matts best work but there's some strong material and some ideas that could be cool if developed more.

• Like 1

I have a lot more respect for Matt now - He's using his musicality for a good purpose. Yeah, it's not the best song I've ever heard, but his intention is noble here, and that's impressive to me.

I hope he does more to draw attention to the issue of animal cruelty, because although it's true that many people have some level of awareness of this issue, it is still quite prevalent.

Edited by PerfectComa
  • Like 1

The song certainly wasn't Sorums best (thats Hallucination Lullaby imo), and the video wasn't great, though it gets the message across and I 100% support Sorums efforts and dedication in supporting and raising awareness of multiple animal rights causes.

I tend to clench my fists when watching documentaries about animal cruelty too. Either that or I get really pissed off and it just makes me hate humanity even more than I already do ^_^

Won't watch the video because I don't like seeing animals being beaten and shit.

That's actually the real reason why I stopped watching it. Laughing at bad music and video is great fun, but I can't handle that other shit. Carefully constructed and maintained ignorance is bliss.

You're not going to like Cannibal Holocaust then.

As for the video though, Giraffes or bust. Although I guess

they can't do anything with Giraffes (periscopes, maybe?)

The "this is for the wild ones" part has a weird Japanese-ish

accent / affect to it. idk

Edited by jbhutto

"Still better than any song on cd"

You know people, you can make an argument without having to resort to extremities :lol:

There was nothing extreme about my comment. No more so than anyone saying Slash's video was worse.

That's how it works here. But that's besides the point. I actually meant it.

The song isn't good for sure, but I don't see the video as cheesy at all. Maybe it's because I love animals as well, so I get what his intentions were with it. Certainly it's not your typical music video, and it wasn't meant to be. He's (trying) to send a message, and I guess people will get it or they won't.

Maybe it wouldn't have seemed as cheesy if he had half naked girls giving him a lap dance while he sat there watching the screen.

There's nothing to get, it's obviously about animal rights... you don't have to be a Matt sorum biographer to work that one out.

I didn't think it warranted an explanation either. But unfortunately you didn't post on the first page of the thread.

Better than Slash man's video :shrugs:

Isn't Slash's video just a lyrics-only video?

I sense you haven't watched the entire video, you should check it out! :lol:

Oh god. :lol:

I wish it had only been a lyrics-only video.

So true! :rofl-lol:

Other than Matt looking a bit goofy in the quick shots where he's standing in the truck, I don't find anything funny about the vid. It makes its point and like the vid, the song works in the context of what it is. He's not trying to bury AFD here.

Honestly, if you were rating the overall personal growth and maturity of the old GNR members, Matt would get Most Improved, IMO. Still seems to have his wild, fun side, but clearly has other strong interests and has never seemed to be pining away clinging to hopes of a GNR or VR reunion. Would be a great dude to have a beer with and listen to stories...

Edited by Turn_It_Up
  • Like 1

I've listened to the album in its entirety... it's not Matts best work but there's some strong material and some ideas that could be cool if developed more.

How does it stack up to Hollywood Zen, if you've heard that?

Never quite got around to listening to that one... it looked cringey, apparently that's his style :P

My god that was cheesy. I know he's trying to spread a good message, but he could've at least taken a bit more artistic liberty with it and not be so cliche.

Slash's new video beats this by miles (no pun intended). It may also be corny and cliche but at least it has some "eye-candy" in it (if you know what I mean ;) )

my killer whale babaaay

you're such a pretty ladaaay

nobody could be your master

it's only their disastuhhhh

all this video really lacked was matt's Kim K on the front of his motorcycle interspersed with the cheesy shots of nature. maybe he could have had slash lean backwards over the handlebars with his shirt off for some LOLs.

"uh-huh honey."

• Like 2