The new "Appetite for Democracy" release - will you buy it?

The new "Appetite for Democracy" release - will you buy it?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, I refuse to pay to see or hear a GNR that has DJ Ashba in it be it concerts or live albums.

I don't take any joy in having that stance, but I assure you that's the way it is.

If there's a release of "new" material (not remixes or alternate versions) I'll make an exception.

I'd buy something from the earlier Axl's GNR though, like an 06 show or whatever.

• Like 2

no i will not see it. i already have seen those songs in a proshot style with much better performances. if it was a show from 2010 or 2006 i would have been all over it.

i voted for one of the no options. there should be an option for "An unreleased GNR concert from 2001-2002 digitally remastered in HD or 3D" though. I'd love to see rockfuel work 01-01-01. since that wasn't an option, i voted for 2006-2010 remastered in HD. I don't care about the 3D stuff.

Preordered it on amazon.com so it should arrive in the next two weeks. For future releases I'd either have another future concert (if his voice is good) or one of the 2006-2010 era. Don't care that much for 3D, so HD is fine.

Preordered blu-ray as well, but will be a few weeks until I have it. Don't have 3D. Future releases: a future concert would be ideal if his voice is good and there are new songs. I want this band to go forward, not backward, that's why I wouldn't choose a show from 2006-2010. If there are no new songs in the next year(s), I'd like a 2014 No Trickery dvd, just because of that great Prostitute, Yesterdays and TWAT and the great voice.

Poll doesn't work, I can't vote "No I don't care to see it" because it expects an answer for the second and third questions.

Anyhow, I don't plan on buying it, they can't be bothered to release it internationally so why should I be bothered to import it?

• Like 1

I have no clue...

First of all, I don't own a DVD player. As for a digital copy, I dont feel motivated to have such a boring thing in my tablet or puter. And in general, the show doesn't motivate me at all! There aren't songs that attract me, it's the same old shit.

I'm a fan of the Tokyo '92 show because it had Estranged, which was a song they hardly played back in the day. But this show is an average concert of classics I'm fed up with. And very few ChinDem tracks.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 1

^i

I have no clue...

First of all, I don't owe a DVD player. As for a digital copy, I dont feel motivated to have such a boring thing in my tablet or puter. And in general, the show doesn't motivate me at all! There aren't songs that attract me, it's the same old shit.

I'm a fan of the Tokyo '92 show because it had Estranged, which was a song they hardly played back in the day. But this show is an average concert of classics I'm fed up with. And very few ChinDem tracks.

I pretty much agree with this. I do want new music from GNR, but I'm bored to death with what they've been doing over and over and over and over for the last decade plus.

Saw GNR live in Vegas on November 21, 2012, Saw the concert in the theatre and have the dvd and ordered a blue ray for my son.

This show is just amazing. Showcases all the band giving their all. If you're a fan of GNR, this is a must have for your collection.

DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot and Richard are 3 of the most talented guitar players ever. Axl chose well.

Tommy, Dizzy and Frank round out a great band. It's great to see this band live onstage having fun and playing all the GNR songs very well.

Axl is Axl. he gives his all, all the time. You can tell he's also having fun onstage and full of energy and that makes the crowd give their energy right back.

Honestly, if some of you don't approve of the musicians in GNR now, why bother to come on here and continue to bitch about it?

No one is forcing you here and no one is forcing you to buy this dvd. You're the ones missing out on a great show.

Saw GNR live in Vegas on November 21, 2012, Saw the concert in the theatre and have the dvd and ordered a blue ray for my son.

This show is just amazing. Showcases all the band giving their all. If you're a fan of GNR, this is a must have for your collection.

DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot and Richard are 3 of the most talented guitar players ever. Axl chose well.

Tommy, Dizzy and Frank round out a great band. It's great to see this band live onstage having fun and playing all the GNR songs very well.

Axl is Axl. he gives his all, all the time. You can tell he's also having fun onstage and full of energy and that makes the crowd give their energy right back.

Honestly, if some of you don't approve of the musicians in GNR now, why bother to come on here and continue to bitch about it?

No one is forcing you here and no one is forcing you to buy this dvd. You're the ones missing out on a great show.

The thread is titled "will you buy it." Don't get all pissy when people answer the fucking question. If you can't handle other opinions, don't read the thread. We realize no one is forcing us to buy the DVD - did anyone say that? Further, no one is bitching about how they don't approve of the musicians. So get your panties out of a bunch babe.

Can't vote as haven't seen it and you need to vote on all options.....

To answer:

1) I'll watch some youtube uploads of some tracks, just for curiosity sake of how its all edited, shot and mixed.

2) cant answer

3) Something from 85-93 in HD (untarnished musically, so no overdubs etc) I'd snap up in a instant. That's not due to hating on new guns, but current lineup isn't offering anything new for me yet and I've alwats felt fans were left short on official live releases (Tokyo 92 isn't enough imo).

Not thrilled by Axl's intermittent Mickey voice on this, but it's still GnR. If this was recorded during the second residency with the stronger vocals it would be perfect.

If it means buying it online, no I probably will not buy this.

You're scared of buying things online? You sound old.

Fuck no. Not with Axl sounding like that and DJ and Pitman looking like douchebags all over the place.

I don't mind Pitman on it but good god almighty is DJ annoying all through the whole thing. Dude gives the camera the middle finger roughly 3 times per song.

Fuck no. Not with Axl sounding like that and DJ and Pitman looking like douchebags all over the place.

I don't mind Pitman on it but good god almighty is DJ annoying all through the whole thing. Dude gives the camera the middle finger roughly 3 times per song.

And how many times bumping his fist against his chest to show his gratitude that the crowd doesn't recognize how much he sucks? :lol:

And how many times bumping his fist against his chest to show his gratitude that the crowd doesn't recognize how much he sucks? :lol:

Oh yeah. That annoyed the shit out of me too.

Is the BBF pointing his guitar at the camera stuff less cheesy in 3D? Does he do it repeatedly the whole show?

Where the fuck is your full review, you lazy shit?

Is the BBF pointing his guitar at the camera stuff less cheesy in 3D? Does he do it repeatedly the whole show?

Where the fuck is your full review, you lazy shit?

He doesn't do it through the whole show and it's hard to describe but it doesn't really come off as cheesy in 3D. You can tell that he's "in on the joke" so to speak. He only does it a couple times at the beginning just for fun if I remember right. Unlike DJ who is still throwing punches at the camera and shit all the way to the end acting as if he's the first person to ever be filmed in 3D.

As for my review, I've kinda posted my thoughts over several threads and what not, but I'll gather everything into one post here in a second.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I've been wondering about that for a while. Is that still regarded cool, giving the middle finger ? Are there actually grown-up people who find that cool ? Is it a cultural thing ?

EDIT: Lol'd at "Unlike DJ who is still throwing punches at the camera and shit all the way to the end acting as if he's the first person to ever be filmed in 3D."

Edited by Lio