SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Well, found the reason why the upcoming Aerosmith shows may be cancelled. That sucks for those guys though. Hope Joey Krammer gets well.

TMZ reports that Aerosmith was forced to cancel the band's upcoming shows this week because drummer Joey Kramer is suffering from heart complications.

According to a source close to the band, Kramer (age 64) has had heart issues before. A crew member claimed that Kramer is set to undergo heart surgery, but this is not confirmed.

The band's concert set for tonight (August 13) in Concord, California has now been cancelled as a result. Members of the crew have also reportedly been informed that a Saturday show set for Washington has also been cancelled.

Would be interesting to know if ticket prices changed.

Hopefully Joe Kramer gets well soon!

you mean Slash's vs Aerosmith's last night? I don't know what Aerosmith's prices were, but Slash's ticket last night was $42 (I think with fees). based on what I have seen of Aerosmith's prices, I'd guess they were at least $50 - $60 for the cheapest tix.

Is Aerosmith going to cancel the tour? Are they going to replace Joe with Steven Adler or some other drummer available?

I have a feeling they'll end up cancelling, but if they do choose to replace him for some of the tour, Brent would do a fantastic job filling in. The shows are far enough apart (not every night, or in many cases, not even every other night) that I don't think it'd be too much for him.

Edited by uctalum01

I have a feeling they'll end up cancelling, but if they do choose to replace him for some of the tour, Brent would do a fantastic job filling in. The shows are far enough apart (not every night, or in many cases, not even every other night) that I don't think it'd be too much for him.

Question is, is Brent familiar enough with their material to be able to play a full set?

I think Adler would be an awesome replacement, actually. I'd love to see that.

Question is, is Brent familiar enough with their material to be able to play a full set?

fair question, but even if he isn't, he's a phenomenal musician. he could pick it up.

fair question, but even if he isn't, he's a phenomenal musician. he could pick it up.

Brent is capable enough to pull that shit off. That, and much more imo.

For future shows, I believe it too. But for anything in the near future? I doubt it.

Does Aerosmith follow the same setlist every night? Or do they make it up on the spot?

100% agreed

For future shows, I believe it too. But for anything in the near future? I doubt it.

Does Aerosmith follow the same setlist every night? Or do they make it up on the spot?

don't forget that you're talking about the guy who when Todd had to fly home for his detached retina, stepped in and within 24 hours played the entire 2 hour set on bass. the drummer played the 2hr set on bass in a matter of hours and didn't miss a step. the vids are on youtube (I'm trying to remember where the shows were. I want to say Russia). if he can do that, he can pick up Aerosmith's set on drums within a couple of days.

• Like 1

don't forget that you're talking about the guy who when Todd had to fly home for his detached retina, stepped in and within 24 hours played the entire 2 hour set on bass. the drummer played the 2hr set on bass in a matter of hours and didn't miss a step. the vids are on youtube (I'm trying to remember where the shows were. I want to say Russia). if he can do that, he can pick up Aerosmith's set on drums within a couple of days.

Well... damn. I didn't know that at all. I'm totally underestimating this guy then :P

same set with a surprise every couple of shows