236 Palestinians killed to 1 Israeli

Georgy Zhukov

hamas rejects cease fire extension, fires 3 more rockets into israel, i guess this is the jews fault somehow too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/26/israel-gaza-palestinian-cease-fire/13202349/

"When will the killing end?!"

"We'd like to stop the killing."

"FUCK YOU!!! (fires rockets)"

Yea, goddamned Israelis.

• Like 3

hamas rejects cease fire extension, fires 3 more rockets into israel, i guess this is the jews fault somehow too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/26/israel-gaza-palestinian-cease-fire/13202349/

"When will the killing end?!"

"We'd like to stop the killing."

"FUCK YOU!!! (fires rockets)"

Yea, goddamned Israelis.

But.....but.....but......Hamas are only firing little rockets.....it's not fair since Israel has bigger rockets.....

There have been supposedly intelligent members here using this logic.

:lol:

• Like 1

It wasn't a rock. They have fired thousands of missiles/rockets. Thus, your reasoning/example is utterly flawed. We're talking nations, not personal fights....only involving one person. Sovereign nations have every right to defend themselves.. Likewise, I can't begin to phantom your logic. Makes me wonder if there is some underlying antisemitism there.

Because had Hamas fired missiles at Scotland,(and had been doing it regularly since the early 2000's) I'm certain you wouldn't mind Scotland defending itself. Right?

And btw, if that idiot throwing the rock knows I can kick his ass...and everyone he knows' ass, then yes, he should have known better before throwing the rock. I learned that lesson when I was 5 years old.

Look at the respective death tolls... A rock, if aimed correctly could definitely kill you. It might be a bit of an exaggerated example, but I don't think it's an order of magnitude removed from the differences in military capacity between Hamas and the IDF. I'm not even defending Hamas, shooting rockets at Israel is fucking stupid and not going to solve anything, but I think Israel's response is reckless, disproportionate, inhumane, merciless and utterly deplorable in the same way I believe their treatment of the civilians of Gaza and the West Bank is deplorable.

I don't know where you got "anti-Semitism" from in any of my posting history, I have no criticisms to level at Judaism or Jewish people, that doesn't mean I have to agree with the decisions of the Israeli government... It just seems like a bit of a bizarre ad-hominem, especially since there are plenty of Jews calling for an end to the Israeli assault on Gaza and a chance for the people there to get a bit of social justice, and I admire and respect them hugely.

• Like 1

It wasn't a rock. They have fired thousands of missiles/rockets. Thus, your reasoning/example is utterly flawed. We're talking nations, not personal fights....only involving one person. Sovereign nations have every right to defend themselves.. Likewise, I can't begin to phantom your logic. Makes me wonder if there is some underlying antisemitism there.

Because had Hamas fired missiles at Scotland,(and had been doing it regularly since the early 2000's) I'm certain you wouldn't mind Scotland defending itself. Right?

And btw, if that idiot throwing the rock knows I can kick his ass...and everyone he knows' ass, then yes, he should have known better before throwing the rock. I learned that lesson when I was 5 years old.

Look at the respective death tolls... A rock, if aimed correctly could definitely kill you. It might be a bit of an exaggerated example, but I don't think it's an order of magnitude removed from the differences in military capacity between Hamas and the IDF. I'm not even defending Hamas, shooting rockets at Israel is fucking stupid and not going to solve anything, but I think Israel's response is reckless, disproportionate, inhumane, merciless and utterly deplorable in the same way I believe their treatment of the civilians of Gaza and the West Bank is deplorable.

I don't know where you got "anti-Semitism" from in any of my posting history, I have no criticisms to level at Judaism or Jewish people, that doesn't mean I have to agree with the decisions of the Israeli government... It just seems like a bit of a bizarre ad-hominem, especially since there are plenty of Jews calling for an end to the Israeli assault on Gaza and a chance for the people there to get a bit of social justice, and I admire and respect them hugely.

Fair enough...thanks for clarifying.

As long as Hamas and the Likoed party are in control there will be no peace. Both don't even seem to want it.

The ones suffering are the innocent Palestinian people and children losing everything, it's horrible.

• Like 2

As long as Hamas and the Likoed party are in control there will be no peace. Both don't even seem to want it.

The ones suffering are the innocent Palestinian people and children losing everything, it's horrible.

This is pretty spot on. More so about Hamas but still along the right lines.

Edited by Kasanova King

/thread

A Conservative Israeli party combined with a bunch of terrorists like Hamas is simply a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

/thread

A Conservative Israeli party combined with a bunch of terrorists like Hamas is simply a recipe for disaster.

It's beyond (obviously) easy to see by anyone without extreme bias, it's ridiculous. That's why some of the comments in this thread are perplexing...to say the least.

/thread

It's beyond (obviously) easy to see by anyone without extreme bias, it's ridiculous. That's why some of the comments in this thread are perplexing...to say the least.

The most perplexing comment in this thread has been you accusing Grame of anti-semitism because you couldn't grasp the concept of analogy.

• Like 1

Another UN school bombed, another 19 victims, civilians who had sought refuge. According to Chris Gunness, UN-spokesman, Israel had been warned 17 times that refugees were in the school.

"Victims" meaning dead? Jesus.

We KNOW Isreal is bombing Gaza in an effort to stop largely ineffectual rockets from Hamas, and we KNOW that kids die as a result of this. I morally condemn Israel for this violent abuse of power that mostly hurt kids.

I'm OK with that for the most part, philosophical questions about "morality" aside.

/thread

The most perplexing comment in this thread has been you accusing Grame of anti-semitism because you couldn't grasp the concept of analogy.

Never accused him of antisemitism. I asked if there could have been some underlying antisemitism there. He responded and clarified his comments/stance. That was the end of it.

Edited by Kasanova King

We KNOW Isreal is bombing Gaza in an effort to stop largely ineffectual rockets from Hamas, and we KNOW that kids die as a result of this. I morally condemn Israel for this violent abuse of power that mostly hurt kids.

I'm OK with that for the most part, philosophical questions about "morality" aside.

Yes, let's discuss the meaning of "morality"! That is SO much fun!

The tendency toward assuming knowledge when one has little to none and then moving from there to moral and ethical judgment of others is probably my least favorite aspect of humanity.

That's about 99% of this thread on both sides.

;)

The tendency toward assuming knowledge when one has little to none and then moving from there to moral and ethical judgment of others is probably my least favorite aspect of humanity.

That's about 99% of this thread on both sides.

;)

Agreed. Although your percentage is probably a bit low. :lol:

Yes, let's discuss the meaning of "morality"! That is SO much fun!

Don't know that it's meant to be fun, but the philosopher who gained the largest popular following, Nietzsche, made a career out of it so....

Israel is bombing Gaza to eradicate the people and/or drive them away so they can take more land. Although they claim defence, I think anyone that isn't blinded KNOWS that this is their main objective.