Do you think Slash and Axl are doing the same thing?

Slash and Axl had the magic back in the 80's. Unfortunately, I think they lost that magic with drugs and drinking and all that pressure to be the best.

Now I think it's more fun and easier for both of them to do what they love without all the pressure to stay on top. they are their own men and I think being older makes them wiser in their choices.

Slash has such a big ego that he shares his lead singer with another band and has had to schedule things around when Myles is busy with Alter Bridge.

Slash is a pussy, a real tyrant/ego maniac would have a lead singer that is on call 24/7 for whenever he wants to tour & record music. None of this I'm busy with Alter Bridge, you'll have to wait bullshit he has had to put up with. Axl would never put up with that kind of rubbish.

Also, what is with putting Myles name in the band name? He could learn from Axl. You don't see Axl calling his band GNR featuring Bumblefoot and TB on the album cover and ticket stubs.

Slash has a lot to learn when it comes to properly hogging credit and being a true dictator who's focus is on making sure the spotlight is solely on himself.

The fact his leader singer has Slash's band as his second priority (behind Alter Bridge) should just be totally unacceptable to someone like Slash. There has to be a DJ Ashba type lead singer out there he could hire that would be more than willing to bend over 24/7 for him because he is Slash the way Ashba does for Axl.

Slash is embarrassing himself that he allows himself to be treated like a second class citizen in his own band like this.

Bullshit.

Slash never wanted to be a dictator or a tyrant.

All he does is giving credit where credit's due

By the way. What's with Axl and what's his name? Seems like Axl has to put up with such the same rubbish ;)

I think he was being sarcastic mate...at least I hope he was............... :P

In different ways.

Like Slash does lots of different projects, with different singers to keep the focus on himself. He doesn't focus on VR and have to fight with a lead singer for control.

Axl has stayed in the same band but worked with various guitarists. But basically he's the main man of GNR.

Okay Slash releases more records to get attention but Axl gets similar amount by making one record a big deal.

They have two different styles to achieve the same thing.

No. Slash makes a concious choice to work with various people. Axl's bandmembers just keep leaving all the time. The only time that happened for Slash was when VR broke up over Scott's problems. But that's still a world of difference from people who keep leaving over your inability to release music.

In different ways.

Like Slash does lots of different projects, with different singers to keep the focus on himself. He doesn't focus on VR and have to fight with a lead singer for control.

Axl has stayed in the same band but worked with various guitarists. But basically he's the main man of GNR.

Okay Slash releases more records to get attention but Axl gets similar amount by making one record a big deal.

No. Slash makes a concious choice to work with various people. Axl's bandmembers just keep leaving all the time. The only time that happened for Slash was when VR broke up over Scott's problems. But that's still a world of difference from people who keep leaving over your inability to release music.

To me it's the same difference, they left because ultimately GNR is about Axl, in this case CD.

VR is kind of like GNR in reverse. But in both situations Slash wanted to control things and had to part ways with the other creative force. But ultimately we are following Slashs career or Scott's.

Axl doesn't shut down GNR when someone leaves because ultimately they don't matter to his career.

In both cases no else in these projects gets bigger than Slash or Axl. They are vehicles for them. Maybe Scott was getting too big for pants. He was making it all about himself like Axl was doing. So Slash knows he has to get out or fire him.

If you take this idea to its logical conclusion with CD, then you go to some really strange places.

Edited by wasted

In different ways.

To me it's the same difference, they left because ultimately GNR is about Axl, in this case CD.

VR is kind of like GNR in reverse. But in both situations Slash wanted to control things and had to part ways with the other creative force. But ultimately we are following Slashs career or Scott's.

Axl doesn't shut down GNR when someone leaves because ultimately they don't matter to his career.

In both cases no else in these projects gets bigger than Slash or Axl. They are vehicles for them. Maybe Scott was getting too big for pants. He was making it all about himself like Axl was doing. So Slash knows he has to get out or fire him.

If you take this idea to its logical conclusion with CD, then you go to some really strange places.

Again you are stretching the truth mate and rewriting history to make Slash out as the bad guy.............nobody other than Axl claims Slash tried to control things in Guns and Scott was fired by the band not just Slash............don't believe me go read what Duff had to say about it in his book and Matt had battle of insults with Scott in some social media when he was canned

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-says-stone-temple-pilots-did-what-they-had-to-do-by-firing-scott-weiland/

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/matt-sorum-wails-on-scott-weiland-again-156674

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-fires-back-at-matt-sorum-ego-and-jealousy-can-get-the-better-of-anyone/

And in response to another post claiming Slash is the only one keeping Scott from rejoining VR Sorum says they have not discussed it............

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/scott-weiland-and-matt-sorum-leave-open-possibility-of-velvet-revolver-reunion/

Come on people do a little research before you try to rewrite history and make claims you can't prove.............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

They've both moved on to work with other musicians, so yes. That's what professionals do. Their output in terms of albums is of course very different, but they've both been touring and performing over the last six or eight years, they've both worked with both old and new colleagues and friends (Duff's worked with both of them...) and they're both doing their own things.

Slash has such a big ego that he shares his lead singer with another band and has had to schedule things around when Myles is busy with Alter Bridge.

Slash is a pussy, a real tyrant/ego maniac would have a lead singer that is on call 24/7 for whenever he wants to tour & record music. None of this I'm busy with Alter Bridge, you'll have to wait bullshit he has had to put up with. Axl would never put up with that kind of rubbish.

Also, what is with putting Myles name in the band name? He could learn from Axl. You don't see Axl calling his band GNR featuring Bumblefoot and TB on the album cover and ticket stubs.

Slash has a lot to learn when it comes to properly hogging credit and being a true dictator who's focus is on making sure the spotlight is solely on himself.

The fact his leader singer has Slash's band as his second priority (behind Alter Bridge) should just be totally unacceptable to someone like Slash. There has to be a DJ Ashba type lead singer out there he could hire that would be more than willing to bend over 24/7 for him because he is Slash the way Ashba does for Axl.

Slash is embarrassing himself that he allows himself to be treated like a second class citizen in his own band like this.

THIS.

I think some missed your real point Naupis. :blink:

Keep these coming, I really enjoy your posts!

In different ways.

Again you are stretching the truth mate and rewriting history to make Slash out as the bad guy.............nobody other than Axl claims Slash tried to control things in Guns and Scott was fired by the band not just Slash............don't believe me go read what Duff had to say about it in his book and Matt had battle of insults with Scott in some social media when he was canned

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-says-stone-temple-pilots-did-what-they-had-to-do-by-firing-scott-weiland/

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/matt-sorum-wails-on-scott-weiland-again-156674

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-fires-back-at-matt-sorum-ego-and-jealousy-can-get-the-better-of-anyone/

And in response to another post claiming Slash is the only one keeping Scott from rejoining VR Sorum says they have not discussed it............

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/scott-weiland-and-matt-sorum-leave-open-possibility-of-velvet-revolver-reunion/

Come on people do a little research before you try to rewrite history and make claims you can't prove.............

A poster with a BRAIN, take note some of you Axlamic Fundamentalists. Start with the FACTS not whatever GNR manifesto you wrote in your bedsit.

Slash wants to be in a bluesy/punky RNR band.

Axl has sonic ambitions that are far more complex, so much so that he cannot seem to get them down in any kind of normal human lifetime.

Both men are a shadow of their former selves without the other, and that's just the facts; starting from song quality and cultural relevance and moving on into hard commerce like concert attendance.

Neither man is an genius or an evil genius, just two very talented boys who won the music lottery and then fell out because each guys believed it was their secrect sauce that got them the crown.

Bullshit.

Slash never wanted to be a dictator or a tyrant.

All he does is giving credit where credit's due

By the way. What's with Axl and what's his name? Seems like Axl has to put up with such the same rubbish ;)

I think he was being sarcastic mate...at least I hope he was............... :P

Well... then I'm sorry :D

No. Slash is moving on with basically a setlist comprised of mostly post gnr material, with a few crowd pleasers thrown in for good measure. And he releases new material consistently. Say what you want about his post gnr material (Lord knows aside from Contraband I'm not much of a fan), but I find it more admirable he's at least trying to move forward instead of milking the past. Which he easily could do along with Duff, Steve, Matt, Gilby, and hell maybe even Izzy in for studio purposes.

Axl (currently) completely milks the living hell out of the gnr entity and the heyday material with essentially a cover band, and has been at a complete standstill for years creatively. I'm not saying he shouldn't play the old stuff at all, far from it, but at this point there should be more of a equal balance between old stuff and nu stuff for the current band to be taken as anything more than a glorified tribute to yesteryear. Which is all that they are at the moment. He's had more than enough time and chances.

That's the difference.

I wasn't saying one was better than the other or all the other stuff. Just after the split they are working in similar ways to develop their careers.

Some take it too serious and show their bias. To me there's not a negative side to what I'm suggesting. Just a reality of the situation. If you want to be a Slash or an Axl you have to play the game. Look at Izzy he could have got a Fake Slash and Axl and started a supergroup to promote himself. He didn't.

I wasn't saying one was better than the other or all the other stuff. Just after the split they are working in similar ways to develop their careers.

Some take it too serious and show their bias. To me there's not a negative side to what I'm suggesting. Just a reality of the situation. If you want to be a Slash or an Axl you have to play the game. Look at Izzy he could have got a Fake Slash and Axl and started a supergroup to promote himself. He didn't.

It is not a matter of taking it too serious mate but you include a lot of wrong information in your posts which you push off as facts........if you are going to imply something as a fact such as Slash fired Scott, which was not what happened, because he wanted to take control of the VR at least provide proof of what you are claiming.......Scott was fired by the band not Slash and you have no proof that Slash attempted to take over Guns other than Axl's claim in his rants....nobody has come forward to support Axl's claim but it is a fact that Izzy, Slash and ultimately Duff quit GnR partially due to Axl's megalomania as they have said as much in interviews..........We also do know that Axl owns the Guns name and the current band members are his employees.......Also did you know that Slash, who has said in interviews, gave the members of SP equal shares and VR is an equal partnership? He also gives Myles name billing in the current band.... does not sound like a man who can't stand to share the spotlight and needs to control everything does it?

I like reading everyone's theories but in your case you try to rewrite history and then ignore it when you are proven wrong and keep on posting misinformation as if they are facts......do your research as it is not that hard......... :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

It's stretching it to say slash records and Axl doesn't record because that's the way they each choose to 'keep attention on themselves'.

And I think it's quite easy to look so hard for reasons & motivations that we just end up talking nonsense.

The bottom line is, musicians record and release music. This isn't a sneaky slash strategy. And cd is only really known as a big epic thing to the wider public because it was such a big epic fuckup. But in essence it's still just a collection of 14 songs that were written & released to the public.

• Like 1

It is not a matter of taking it too serious mate but you include a lot of wrong information in your posts which you push off as facts........if you are going to imply something as a fact such as Slash fired Scott, which was not what happened, because he wanted to take control of the VR at least provide proof of what you are claiming.......Scott was fired by the band not Slash and you have no proof that Slash attempted to take over Guns other than Axl's claim in his rants....nobody has come forward to support Axl's claim but it is a fact that Izzy, Slash and ultimately Duff quit GnR partially due to Axl's megalomania as they have said as much in interviews..........We also do know that Axl owns the Guns name and the current band members are his employees.......Also did you know that Slash, who has said in interviews, gave the members of SP equal shares and VR is an equal partnership? He also gives Myles name billing in the current band.... does not sound like a man who can't stand to share the spotlight and needs to control everything does it?

I like reading everyone's theories but in your case you try to rewrite history and then ignore it when you are proven wrong and keep on posting misinformation as if they are facts......do your research as it is not that hard......... :shrugs:

You think Im rewriting history, whereas I don't think there is an established history. You think your opinion is fact. I see no facts only hearsay.

I'm not really talking about the ins and outs of it. Just saying both Slash and Axl end up the main man in the various projects.

To be honest what I asked was a question. And I think it is more at odds with Axl saying that he wanted to continue as GNR, but really the line up changes seemed to focus attention on him rather than promote GNR.

Slash has jumped around so he gets to do something he enjoys and build his career.

There is no negative aspect on either. Not meant to be a Slash v Axl kind of thing.

And definitely not rewriting history, it's too murky to be classed as history.

But I'll definitely try to watch out for that. I do try but in discussing it you can't always get it hundred percent especially when people disagree on certain parts anyway.

I'm a slash fan, that's who I identified with first in GNR. To me he was the one people most identified with especially in UK. Axl is more the other. He's hard to identify with, he's entertaining. Slash is much easier for a fan to understand. Having said that I dont see the split history that clear as others. So even when people put down the so called facts I still find big questions.

You can see it both ways. I try to remain neutral in the end. An Axl fan could say there's no way Axl tried to focus attention himself too. But it's the way it panned out.

The both ended up high profile. I guess I'm asking myself by luck or judgement.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

In different ways.

A poster with a BRAIN, take note some of you Axlamic Fundamentalists. Start with the FACTS not whatever GNR manifesto you wrote in your bedsit.

Slash wants to be in a bluesy/punky RNR band.

Axl has sonic ambitions that are far more complex, so much so that he cannot seem to get them down in any kind of normal human lifetime.

Both men are a shadow of their former selves without the other, and that's just the facts; starting from song quality and cultural relevance and moving on into hard commerce like concert attendance.

Neither man is an genius or an evil genius, just two very talented boys who won the music lottery and then fell out because each guys believed it was their secrect sauce that got them the crown.

They had a good thing going that they'll never get back, and you'll never have a band like them ever again. They could have just done AFD and disbanded and they would still be a legendary band.

You think Im rewriting history, whereas I don't think there is an established history. You think your opinion is fact. I see no facts only hearsay.

I'm not really talking about the ins and outs of it. Just saying both Slash and Axl end up the main man in the various projects.

To be honest what I asked was a question. And I think it is more at odds with Axl saying that he wanted to continue as GNR, but really the line up changes seemed to focus attention on him rather than promote GNR.

Slash has jumped around so he gets to do something he enjoys and build his career.

There is no negative aspect on either. Not meant to be a Slash v Axl kind of thing.

And definitely not rewriting history, it's too murky to be classed as history.

But I'll definitely try to watch out for that. I do try but in discussing it you can't always get it hundred percent especially when people disagree on certain parts anyway.

I'm a slash fan, that's who I identified with first in GNR. To me he was the one people most identified with especially in UK. Axl is more the other. He's hard to identify with, he's entertaining. Slash is much easier for a fan to understand. Having said that I dont see the split history that clear as others. So even when people put down the so called facts I still find big questions.

You can see it both ways. I try to remain neutral in the end. An Axl fan could say there's no way Axl tried to focus attention himself too. But it's the way it panned out.

The both ended up high profile. I guess I'm asking myself by luck or judgement.

So what you are saying is that Slash, Duff and Matt all saying that Scott was fired because of his addiction issues is hearsay? Nobody other than you is claiming Scott was fired by Slash because he could not stand the competition and wanted to control the band.. not even Scott has claimed this AFAIK............Even Duff or Matt said in interviews the band was a democracy so where are you getting your information from?..........

Again you make these wild accusations without anything to back your claims and you are not being neutral mate as you always point the finger at Slash as being the bad guy when you have no proof and have been proven wrong time and time again.....

Where is your proof to back all your claims?

Listen I have no issue with the premise of your theories only some of the misinformation you include to try to prove your point that you can't back up with facts........... :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

I didn't point my finger at Slash as a bad guy. You just pick up on these things and focus on them like I said it was a fact. It was really more of a question. But you are taking it literally. But like I said I'll try to be more careful!

I didn't say they were facts and I'm not building a case just looking for what people think or stimulating debate.

I was referring to GNR history as a lot of hearsay. And half the quotes dont match.

VR I don't know much about. I don't think I said that was hearsay. Although I didn't read your post because I knew what it would saying in general. Just finding things to pick apart which had nothing to do with what I was saying. Like I'm out to criticise Slash which never is the case. Just that I don't see a clear case in the GNR thing. To come out on one side is difficult. But for you Slash can do no wrong. So any slight thing negative you shout it down. It's a biased point of view.

I'm not even saying they did it consciously. VR fired Scott over drugs? But overall VR was a good thing for Slash, then he moved on to a solo record. Another project to stay a float, Axl cycled through members which in a way reinforces that he's GNR. He's the boss kind of thing.

I don't really see the problem. I just think Snakepit was Slash getting off the ground, the VR is getting serious, but the Scott fucks it up, so solo is a better option for Slash. He's more in control of his destiny, less hassles. Is that okay?

I mean it's all speculation on my part and I think it's good and right you pull me up on wayward statements.

To me it seems like Slash changed projects to keep his career going. Snakepit stalled. VR stalled. So solo.

Axl got some traction from line up changes and making one project central.

They work almost polar opposite styles.

like I said wasted I have no issue with your theories but you tend to post stuff about Slash which is not true to make your point and is easily verified with a little effort........the stuff I post to challege what you say takes literally 10 seconds to find with a google search so you could easily verify what you claim......

I think you are a good poster and am not picking on your posts mate but just about every one of your posts that mentions Slash has some wrong or twisted info which puts him in a negative light and all I am doing is correcting your misinformation........strange you don't do this with Axl? it really is not that hard to post accurate info about what happened in the past as there are plenty of interviews online.....

Wasted is totally right ...

Those guys were in the same ship ... problem is, one of them decided to abandon the ship in the middle of the trip ... that's why, sometimes, he is treated like a rat.

The problem is, your hero Axl Rose has delivered ONE album in the past 20 years which is automatically makes him a loser in this match

Who was talking about a match?

Slash never tried to "kill" GNR.

Yeah, right ... he just left GN'R in peace and let Axl do his own thing. He never tried to stop him to do his thing, using lawsuits and press badmouthing. What an angel. :)

All he did was leaving the sinking ship.

And what do you call to the first ones who leaves a sinking ship?

Usually, the captain is the last one to leave the ship ... or he just sinks with it ...

Those little creatures who loves cheese are usually the first ones to leave :)

Slash isn't the reason why Axl refuses to release new music. That's just Axls fault and noone else's

I never said that ... .so maybe you're talking to someone else :)