How's This Sound for a Plan?

you know it's bad when the fans are coming up with their own ideas of how to promote and release new music

One album in 20 years........

Maybe the band needs a manager who is actually a music fan! One who realizes that the fans aren't Axl's enemy!!!

Let's start a Kickstarter campaign so you can be GN'R manager elected by the fans :P

I will do it for $100,000 per year, complete access to the library, and I get to bring eight guests to the Halloween Party every year.

you know it's bad when the fans are coming up with their own ideas of how to promote and release new music

Maybe the band needs a manager who is actually a music fan! One who realizes that the fans aren't Axl's enemy!!!

"One album in 20 years......." Is that a new line for you? I don't think I've ever seen you post that :lol: I kid, I kid!!

As for me, this is going to be roughly the 10th time today I've used this phrase but it bums me out that we're even reduced to having to make stuff like this up for discussion. That's NOT a shot at you or the thread Groghan, it's more a shot at how GN'R do businesss :/

"One album in 20 years......." Is that a new line for you? I don't think I've ever seen you post that :lol: I kid, I kid!!

As for me, this is going to be roughly the 10th time today I've used this phrase but it bums me out that we're even reduced to having to make stuff like this up for discussion. That's NOT a shot at you or the thread Groghan, it's more a shot at how GN'R do businesss :/

I keep repeating it because of how ridiculous it is. I think it's funny when I see posts by people saying things like a reasonable time line for a new album is 2015 or 2016 or how we are being greedy or acting like we are entitled if we wish for something in the next six months.

This band hasn't released new material in six years. And they've barely toured the last two years. But some people are acting like the band is taking a well-deserved rest right now and that we are being pricks by thinking the band doesn't need two more years to put an album together.

And ya, what the heck else do we have to talk about!

Great plan Groghan, however there is a problem with it. A guy who most of us here have a soft spot for (for some crazy reason), called Axl Rose.

And Axl Rose does what Axl Rose wants.

He might wake up tomorrow and decide to do exaclty as your plan outlined. Then he'll have breakfast and say "Fuck it, let's go bowling!" :shrugs:

Blue-Ray

But seriously, they should do the self titled album, the remix album, the third album from the early aughts, then do whatever they want with DJs stuff. An EP would be cool but I just don't see that happening.

I like the optimism, would love an ep to tide us over until they finish off the next album, although I really don't want any more covers - just throw out Going Down, Silkworms, Atlas and new Oh My God (or any 4 songs they have that are completed - Seven, the General etc) - It's really not that difficult to do, make it an iTunes or fan club exclusive or whatever, the publicity will take care of itself (It won't sell millions, but it'll sell enough and keep the fans happy). Really can't believe we're coming up for 6 year release of ChiDem and we haven't had anything else (legally).

• Like 1

I'd give CD2 another decade unless they start playing some fresh material in shows.

Reincarnate the band as Axl, Bucket, Bumble, Duff and Brain, and stick them in a studio for a week or two. Then something might actually happen this or next year.

I rather think "Chinese Democracy II " November 2015

If it doesn't come out by than ....

Your scenario is probably the most likely. But why in the world should it take 16 months to get a new album ready? From all reports, there is a boat load of songs already completed. Big name bands have went to the studio, written and recorded an entire album from scratch, and released it in six months. Axl just needs to pick the best 14 songs, spend a couple weeks in the studio doing touch up work (a couple weeks - not a couple years tweaking them to death) and then put that baby to print.

A new GnR album is going to sell a couple million copies and make the label a profit.

We saw what he did after the last buzz of a highly successful album release tour, biggest stage in the world in RIR, he does the most bizarre performance ever, as if he'd just turfed himself out of a capsule sent spiralling back down to earth just in time for the show after spending a year abducted by horrific alien beings. He seems to have a line in the strange sand that fills his head where it becomes too much barbed wire tangles to delve back into GNR, treating it as an 'active' project ya know?

4 new songs.........plus studio versions of OMG, Silkworms, Riff Raff and Seeker.

The problem with that is the EP wouldn't be very good and therefore get mauled by critics. Some of us enjoy Silkworms and OMG but the reality is they are not very good. Riff Raff and Seeker covers won't add anything of interest so those 4 new songs would need to be killer, and you wouldn't want 4killer songs left off the next album just for this EP.

Team Brazil obviously are harbouring a superior plan. Festivals, SA Tour, Vegas. Through to 2022. Keep saying you're planning on recording just after the next touring leg, then have Dizzy trot out with his alluring enthusiasm and groundbreaking news saying 'It's nearly done' every month on a different website. Have Tommy observing that GNR is on hiatus every three months and have Ashba giving several interviews where the only GNR answers are cliche stock vague one liners, cryptic one word hints and the rest about Swag, his hair, his house and Sixx:am.