"Final Ride" - Sons of Anarchy Final Season Discussion

FAN APOLOGY

It has been brought to my attention that our SOA Collector's Edition Book has been sent out a week early by some distributors and book outlets. This book contains details about the final episode of the series. This, my friends is a storyteller's worst nightmare. I wanted this book to be a compliment to the show. It contains personal messages and photos from the cast, in-depth behind the scenes information and detailed breakdown of episodes. It's a smart, well-conceived book that I was very excited for the fans to have. AFTER the motherfucking finale. There are a thousand fucking people I can blame. And I assure you, by the time I am done, my fucking basket will be filled with heads of incompetent cunts. But as far as the fans go, the burden is on me. I fucked up. It was my idea for the book, so ultimately, I am to blame. So if you received a book, I apologize. I ask that you not share your wrath or pain or opinion in social media so as to not spoil the experience of others. There is no excuse for utter ineptitude. It pains me that this will be the parting memory of some fans. I hope you all tune in for the finale. It plays much better than it reads.

Sincerely

ks

Predictions for tonight? Jax taken out by Nero or Chibs? Jax crashes on his dad's bike? Bachman called to Gemma's parents house for another clean up? Or, who discovers the bodies? Any closure with August Marks? Will Tig survive?

• Like 1

I think the whole show is going to be about closure, we still don't know why Jax was limping or what's going to be revealed in JT's manuscript that Sutter's been saving until tonight.

Didn't Jax and Tara read all of JT's manuscript in season 2?

I think the whole show is going to be about closure, we still don't know why Jax was limping or what's going to be revealed in JT's manuscript that Sutter's been saving until tonight.

Didn't Jax and Tara read all of JT's manuscript in season 2?

I'm not sure if he read all of it, but you're right, he did read a lot of it throughout season 1 and 2.

Final ride in just under five and a half hours now. Everyone ready?

It's kind of like Breaking Bad where the next to last was the end and the final episode left no loose ends hanging and liked how he ended it.

He had talked about trying to get that Springsteen song.

I think I got it right about the woman in the stroller being the Reaper, I also think as much as Jax doesn't think his kids won't be into that life, he still left that as a possibility.

It's kind of like Breaking Bad where the next to last was the end and the final episode left no loose ends hanging and liked how he ended it.

I think I got it right about the woman in the stroller being the Reaper, I also think as much as Jax doesn't think his kids won't be into that life, he still left that as a possibility.

I heard about the Springsteen thing. I thought they'd have the actual song, not a cover, haha.

I thought this episode was okay. But last week's was way better. Kind of messed up how Jax put the weight of a death on that trucker's shoulders. I also didn't like how our last time seeing a lot of characters basically boiled down to "Seeya Jax." Disappointed he never found out about Gemma's hands in JT's death, too. But overall, it accomplished a feeling of finality, so I liked it. Just not as much as I should have.

I heard about the Springsteen thing. I thought they'd have the actual song, not a cover, haha.

I thought this episode was okay. But last week's was way better. Kind of messed up how Jax put the weight of a death on that trucker's shoulders. I also didn't like how our last time seeing a lot of characters basically boiled down to "Seeya Jax." Disappointed he never found out about Gemma's hands in JT's death, too. But overall, it accomplished a feeling of finality, so I liked it. Just not as much as I should have.

Cover?

I think ever since The Sopranos left fans with a big WTF at how that ended, the writers and creators have been making the next to last episode the better episode, and the finale, the "Hollywood ending". Dexter was left open just enough to revisit if they want to. Breaking Bad's got the spinoff but I'm sure the tone of the show is going to be very different.

I think there was a Christ-like thing going on with Jax - absorbing all the sins so they could go on with their lives and did the "JC Pose".

Maybe he still has plans to do that prequel at some point, but it sounded like he wants to move on and not dwell on SOA. At the end of the day they're just actors paid to do a gig but you can tell they had a fucking great time and seem to be good friends. I kind of wish Katey's Married With Children "family" had come on the show but she'd already had Ed on the show she did with John Ritter.

Cover?

I think ever since The Sopranos left fans with a big WTF at how that ended, the writers and creators have been making the next to last episode the better episode, and the finale, the "Hollywood ending". Dexter was left open just enough to revisit if they want to. Breaking Bad's got the spinoff but I'm sure the tone of the show is going to be very different.

I think there was a Christ-like thing going on with Jax - absorbing all the sins so they could go on with their lives and did the "JC Pose".

Maybe he still has plans to do that prequel at some point, but it sounded like he wants to move on and not dwell on SOA. At the end of the day they're just actors paid to do a gig but you can tell they had a fucking great time and seem to be good friends. I kind of wish Katey's Married With Children "family" had come on the show but she'd already had Ed on the show she did with John Ritter.

Whoops, could've swore they had their go to house band covering the song. My bad, sorry about that.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The second to last episode is where everything big happens, and then the finale is the wrap up and the last goodbye to the people we've come to love. The Christ like undertones were also pretty heavy in this episode as well, him dying so that his children don't need to suffer what he did. That's part of what I liked, I just wish it had been done better.

I don't think that the prequel will be done, at least not any time soon. Kurt might come back to it after a few years away from it, but he seems to be pretty burned out on SOA for the time being. And yeah, I was sad that we didn't get to see Ed O'Neill on the show, too, but the comedy vid I linked kind of made up for that, haha.

• Like 1

Sutter always did different things so he wouldn't get burned out, there were other writers and directors involved in the show, but he had to be accountable for what aired. I mean they all know he's the boss and creator so they had to respect what he wanted. But from what he'd said in the past, the actors had some room to breathe and try different things out, and I think that's because as an actor he understood why. Clint Eastwood had been known to have that same open-mindedness because doing those scenes over and over are mind-numbing, and having to keep in an emotional state can be pretty draining.

Edited by dalsh327

Jesus Christ...

I thought it was a rather emotional and decently directed episode...until the last fifteen seconds.

Seriously.

Fuck whoever did the CGI.

Should have ended with that crow taking off. It would have been a beautiful and poetic way of saying it's over, he's gone.

NOT WITH SOME CHEESY CGI !

Edited by The Glow Inc.

All the Jesus references right down to the blood and body of Christ in the last shot. Was there a lot of this in the series? I know they said Jesus Christ all the time and I guess the homeless woman did turn out to be the angel of death, but I didn't think there was such a religious base to SoA.

Really enjoyed the finale. I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed it more then the penultimate episode (I felt it's pacing was off). Kind of funny when Chibbs shot what's his name in the arm to give the appearance that Jax got away. I was expecting them to bring in the new black recruit to take the bullet :P

I agree that it's a little disappointing that Jax never knew the truth about his mother's involvement in his father's death. But in the end, I guess it didn't matter. It wouldn't have changed the ending.

At the very least, Jax left with a bit of self-awareness. It was great to see him own up to who he was (a bad guy).

BTW, with all those cop cars chasing Jax you'd think they would have set up a roadblock or something. But Charming police have always been terrible at their jobs, so no surprise there.

• Like 1

You can tell the DA knew exactly what Jax was doing...taking all the heat (or taking everyone's sins on).

People are bitching about the CGI crows but I think the crows were all the SAMCRO crew who died, or there were 9 crows that represented the club.

We've learned that the next to last episodes are the ones to watch as far as winding most of the storyline up goes, whether it's Breaking Bad, Shield, Dexter, or Sopranos, this way the final episode can just be fun. For Jax, he gave him the "Butch and Sundance no way out" ending.

He could have wiped the whole club out and had Hale demolish Teller-Morrow to make room for affordable apartments. We'll always wonder what happened to the characters and maybe Sutter will figure a way to put that in a show at some point or in a book, but just like JT's manuscript was the life and death, so was SOA.

The good thing is that we'll see the actors together again on different shows and movies. They've built this growing ensemble cast from 2 different shows that want to work together again. I was kind of surprised with Elijah Wood having his show on the same network that he didn't somehow show up on SOA because of his "Green Street Hooligans" history with Charlie, anyone else from The Sopranos didn't show up because of Drea's history with the show, or Steve Buscemi because he's worked and collaborated with Boone Jr since the 80s.

I liked it. It felt like an ending. Everything came full circle. We know where everyone is going next. Jax handled business like a boss. After seven years of watching the show I can say I was satisfied. I know he had to die but it still sucked to watch Jax bite it. At least he went out fuckin with the police :lol:

I stopped watching like 3-4 seasons ago. The show ended up being too stupid and dragged on for me. However, I did think after all the decisions he made, Jax and everyone in the stupid club deserved the worst. They were just awful people. Jax had to die and it sounds like this was a pretty good ending for a TV show.

• Like 1

I stopped watching like 3-4 seasons ago. The show ended up being too stupid and dragged on for me. However, I did think after all the decisions he made, Jax and everyone in the stupid club deserved the worst. They were just awful people. Jax had to die and it sounds like this was a pretty good ending for a TV show.

He let Tig and Happy live, and I know a lot of people bailed on the show when they kidnapped his son. Other than the bonus footage I don't know if I'd watch it again.

Really enjoyed the finale. I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed it more then the penultimate episode (I felt it's pacing was off). Kind of funny when Chibbs shot what's his name in the arm to give the appearance that Jax got away. I was expecting them to bring in the new black recruit to take the bullet :P

I agree that it's a little disappointing that Jax never knew the truth about his mother's involvement in his father's death. But in the end, I guess it didn't matter. It wouldn't have changed the ending.

At the very least, Jax left with a bit of self-awareness. It was great to see him own up to who he was (a bad guy).

BTW, with all those cop cars chasing Jax you'd think they would have set up a roadblock or something. But Charming police have always been terrible at their jobs, so no surprise there.

I find the story loses a lot of plot holes concerning the police force if you just pretend they're all hall monitors. It makes other plot holes, but it fixes a lot of the "incompetent cop" ones :P I thought it was funny how Happy barely reacted to being shot, but then I remembered this was the same guy who said he was "rapturous" after being grazed in the head by a bullet, so I guess you can just chalk that up to him have a weird immunity to lead.

it was a satisfying ending, but the part where he crashes into the truck, man that looked so cheesy and fake come on: they cant afford to get some better special effects?

it was a tv show we can't expect it to be super realistic. it had interesting characters and it was enjoyable to watch. it is over now but I can't say I have the same bummer feeling like when the sopranos ended or breaking bad. I thought clay made the show and when he was gone it was less interesting. I probably won't watch reruns of it or buy the box set, but I liked it.