Slash: Reunion talk was "just me being nice"

"It's a subject I just avoid. 'Cause I've tried all different approaches on this particular subject. The thing is it's been dead in the water since 1996. I'm not gonna joke about it. Anything I ever said that led anybody to believe that there might be any kind of a reunion was just me being nice. No one's ever considered it. It's not really in the cards. And the thing with the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame was that was the closest we got to it, or could have gotten to it, and it didn't happen. And I said, 'You know what?! Let's just close the books. That was a very public event, and hopefully everybody gets it.'"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-reunion-of-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-not-in-the-cards/

I don't think it's a big deal though. Slash is diplomatic. It's on a need to know basis with him, and he manipulates the situation based on what he thinks will make him look cool, and sometimes (not all the time ) he says what he thinks will make his fans and potential fans satisfied.

I think many artists and people in general do that shit. Personally, it annoys me a little, and he comes off as dishonest sometimes. Does that make him a liar? not in my opinion.

It does seem though, that he's kinda worried about the coolness factor too much. Not as much about being honest with his fans. That sucks, but I think it's his instinct, and very important for him, like Marc said it was. (I think)

Edited by Rovim

I don't think it's a big deal though. Slash is diplomatic. It's on a need to know basis with him, and he manipulates the situation based on what he thinks will make him look cool, and sometimes (not all the time ) he says what he thinks will make his fans and potential fans satisfied.

I think many artists and people in general do that shit. Personally, it annoys me a little, and he comes off as dishonest sometimes. Does that make him a liar? not in my opinion.

It does seem though, that he's kinda worried about the coolness factor too much. Not as much about being honest with his fans. That sucks, but I think it's his instinct, and very important for him, like Marc said it was. (I think)

Yes. And that's exactly what I think Axl does too. Except instead of wanting to appear cool Axl wants to appear righteous and, to some degree, he actually believes himself to be righteous.

If you wanna be righteous, get in line. Here comes the nighttime.

Yes. And that's exactly what I think Axl does too. Except instead of wanting to appear cool Axl wants to appear righteous and, to some degree, he actually believes himself to be righteous.

Don't know why you've mentioned Axl, but ok. I totally disagree. I think Axl is obsessed with da truth! too much to be dishonest. I think Axl is brutally honest, to be honest with you. I don't think he's like Slash at all. But again, I don't think Slash is a liar.

Edited by Rovim

Wow. Just goes to prove beyond doubt what Axl and Marc Canter have said for so long: Slash is a compulsive liar. When somewhere in his brain he knows that the people he's talking to at Blabbermouth are well aware that he has tried many, many times over the years to find a way back and he can and completely contradict that, it does kind of suggest he either has no shame or he has a genuine problem. I mean, Jesus, it's only recently that he said that in his mind he never really left and it was all part of the power-play and games going on.

This shows how malicious Slash has been in almost 2 decades ...

He knew that a reunion would never happen. But, instead of assuming the reality, he gave false hopes to his fans, making them believe that he would do a reunion but that could never happen because of bad-Axl's fault.

So, who's the nice and cool guy? Slash.

And, who's the bitch? Axl

Year after year his campaign gets clearer and clearer ... first the lies about Axl forcing him to sign for GN'R name ... now, this ... keep 'em coming, Salsh.

• Like 1

Don't know why you've mentioned Axl, but ok. I totally disagree. I think Axl is obssesed with da truth! too much to be dishonest. I think Axl is brutally honest, to be honest with you. I don't think he's like Slash at all. But again, I don't think Slash is a liar.

I brought it up because your post stated exactly what both of them do imo and you always act confused when people say Axl twists the truth, so I wanted to point it out. I can tell you're already getting itchy for an argument. Jesus. Relax. We're talking about two shitty, washed up rock stars who are both desperate and failing, in their own ways, to stay relevant. I don't think either of them are liars in the strictest sense. Slash is just real casual with the truth so that he looks chill and cool, without thinking much about "I'm lying" or whatever. For Axl, I think he just always feels wronged and persecuted, so he retroactively fits the facts and events to fit that narrative.

This shows how malicious Slash has been in almost 2 decades ...

He knew that a reunion would never happen. But, instead of assuming the reality, he gave false hopes to his fans, making them believe that he would do a reunion but that could never happen because of bad-Axl's fault.

So, who's the nice and cool guy? Slash.

And, who's the bitch? Axl

Year after year his campaign gets clearer and clearer ... first the lies about Axl forcing him to sign for GN'R name ... now, this ... keep 'em coming, Salsh.

Sure. the lies about Axl forcing him to sign. Such lies. :lol:

Don't know why you've mentioned Axl, but ok. I totally disagree. I think Axl is obssesed with da truth! too much to be dishonest. I think Axl is brutally honest, to be honest with you. I don't think he's like Slash at all. But again, I don't think Slash is a liar.

I brought it up because your post stated exactly what both of them do imo and you always act confused when people say Axl twists the truth, so I wanted to point it out. I can tell you're already getting itchy for an argument. Jesus. Relax. We're talking about two shitty, washed up rock stars who are both desperate and failing, in their own ways, to stay relevant. I don't think either of them are liars in the strictest sense. Slash is just real casual with the truth so that he looks chill and cool, without thinking much about "I'm lying" or whatever. For Axl, I think he just always feels wronged and persecuted, so he retroactively fits the facts and events to fit that narrative.

I...I wasn't itching for an argument dude. This time I was relaxed, and still am. Maybe you should take your own advice. Damn. :huh:

Edited by Rovim

Wow. Just goes to prove beyond doubt what Axl and Marc Canter have said for so long: Slash is a compulsive liar. When somewhere in his brain he knows that the people he's talking to at Blabbermouth are well aware that he has tried many, many times over the years to find a way back and he can and completely contradict that, it does kind of suggest he either has no shame or he has a genuine problem. I mean, Jesus, it's only recently that he said that in his mind he never really left and it was all part of the power-play and games going on.

If he lies being sober, can you imagine how much did he lied when he was a junkie?

Oh God ... GN'R couldn't have other end with this kind of people ... :(

• Like 1

Translation: "I know I've been a loser for the past decade, but honestly it was all just me acting a part. I know I easily made myself look like a loser with guitar in hand, but like I said, it was all for the lulz"

- Slash

Slash? a loser? now that's just not true. U lie!

Edited by Rovim

Seems like a pretty fair answer to me on Slash's part. The fact that he said the best chance they had for a reunion was at the night of the Hall Of Fame proves that he was atleast open to a one night reunion. He also spoke multiple times about it being fun if they could play one show or a festival or something . He says it was just never in the cards since 96 and that's because he knows the situation and how Axl feels about him. To be fair to both him and Duff they have to be SO sick of being asked this question constantly over the past 16 years or so no matter what they're releasing or promoting and they both have tried to deal with it in a diplomatic fashion, it's probably most of the reason that Axl has done basically no interviews over the last 20 years. If Axl did the hundreds of interviews that Slash and Duff have done since the 90's and was constantly asked this question he probably would've ripped one of the interviewers head's off by now.

I just think it's a stretch to say he was lying. We all know (even from what Marc says) that he was open atleast to playing one more time with Axl and I think that this is just him trying to bury this question forever (which of course won't happen) . He says he's tried every way to answer this question and knows that anything he says doesn't help and probably pisses Axl off so I think this is his final effort to get rid of it by saying, Look I was just being nice, it was never going to happen, Please leave me alone, stop asking about the reunion.

• Like 3