Slash: Reunion talk was "just me being nice"

LOL. Hmmmm...Tom, Ron, DJ, etc...even Axl. Lets see one of them go at it solo (like Slash has done) and see what happens. They'd all (maybe not Axl as much) literally be no one pieces of crap again. Does anyone think they' get the Super Bowl or even a gig in my back yard?

Bumble's been an accomplished solo artist, the other two have other bands they're involved with and Axl has a lot of potential to be a great solo artist if he put his heart into it; save for Axl, none of them need to ride a GnR nostalgia wagon to have a successful music career.

I have no clue what you're trying to prove :lol:

LOL. Hmmmm...Tom, Ron, DJ, etc...even Axl. Lets see one of them go at it solo (like Slash has done) and see what happens. They'd all (maybe not Axl as much) literally be no one pieces of crap again. Does anyone think they' get the Super Bowl or even a gig in my back yard?

Bumble's been an accomplished solo artist, the other two have other bands they're involved with and Axl has a lot of potential to be a great solo artist if he put his heart into it; save for Axl, none of them need to ride a GnR nostalgia wagon to have a successful music career.

I have no clue what you're trying to prove :lol:

That is LOL. "accomplished solo artist" and "bands they're involved with". I'm literally LOLing....

He'd be nothing without the GnR nostalgia factor attached to his name and image, and he knows this.

Unfortunately for you, Slash helped built "Gn'R" and their legacy so he has earned the right to have that "nostalgia factor", basically because, eh, let's see... he worked his ass off for it? ;)

Edited by Nosaj Thing

That is LOL. "accomplished solo artist" and "bands they're involved with". I'm literally LOLing....

:lol: let's compare how the band and the mentioned member side projects are doing now

DJ: New Sixx AM album, signature Gibson LP released

Bumble: Guitar Gods tour, new solo album in works

Tommy: Replacements, recording/touring with other bands

GnR: Hiatus, Nothing Planned, Bloated Whale Dead in the Water

Most of the current members have other priorities, music and otherwise and their shit figured out to live comfortably.

I think this shows how self centered Slash is. He believes Axl not attending means Axl never wants to see him again.

Oh I'd say he's got a bit more supporting evidence than that.

No no no, Slash likes to think that Axl didn't attend solely because of Slash. I'm not saying it's not true, but Slash likes to turn the story into Axl hates me so much he didn't show up, instead of giving Axl credit for the reasons he listed in his letter.

In the Howard stern interview Slash talks about not understanding who picks who to be in the rock hall and not agreeing with how it's set up with corporate people showing up versus the fans. Then him and Howard condemned Axl for not showing up! It was terrible. I don't understand how you can have similar concerns as Axl and agree with Howard that Axl didn't show up bc of himself.

All I'm saying is Slash should give Axl credit for the reasons he gives. Take him for his word versus saying "if a reunion doesn't happen at the Rock hall it will never happen." The Rock N Roll hall of fame is a joke. No reunion should ever take place at such a crappy event.

I think this shows how self centered Slash is. He believes Axl not attending means Axl never wants to see him again.

No no no, Slash likes to think that Axl didn't attend solely because of Slash. I'm not saying it's not true, but Slash likes to turn the story into Axl hates me so much he didn't show up, instead of giving Axl credit for the reasons he listed in his letter.

In the Howard stern interview Slash talks about not understanding who picks who to be in the rock hall and not agreeing with how it's set up with corporate people showing up versus the fans. Then him and Howard condemned Axl for not showing up! It was terrible. I don't understand how you can have similar concerns as Axl and agree with Howard that Axl didn't show up bc of himself.

All I'm saying is Slash should give Axl credit for the reasons he gives. Take him for his word versus saying "if a reunion doesn't happen at the Rock hall it will never happen." The Rock N Roll hall of fame is a joke. No reunion should ever take place at such a crappy event.

Except with all that bullshit aside, Slash did show up and he performed. He did it for the fans.

Slash never promised anyone a reunion. Slash never said that a reunion was in the works. Slash always said that if things can be worked on, he would do it - this led some people to falsely believe that a reunion was possible and now, he just shut that down by saying "I was being nice about it", instead of killing your baby with something like "not in this lifetime" like bitter, full of anger, no heart Axl Rose. :shrugs:

So now being honest is a negative quality while leading people on for 15 years for your own gain is to be commended?

Edited by bacardimayne

:lol: let's compare how the band and the mentioned member side projects are doing now

DJ: New Sixx AM album, signature Gibson LP released

Bumble: Guitar Gods tour, new solo album in works

Tommy: Replacements, recording/touring with other bands

GnR: Hiatus, Nothing Planned, Bloated Whale Dead in the Water

Most of the current members have other priorities, music and otherwise and their shit figured out to live comfortably.

Would DJ have a signature Les Paul without GNR?

Would Bumble be touring Guitar Gods without GNR? Maybe but I don't think so...

They're far away from Slash's success these days and as like Axl Slash was to talented and to hungry for not to make it big without guns in one way or the other

Except with all that bullshit aside, Slash did show up and he performed. He did it for the fans.

His appearance had nothing to do with the album Apocalyptic Love that would be released a month later...he showed up solely for the fans.

Slash is full of it. It was a great promotion for his upcoming album.

Nothing wrong with promoting your own album haha I just love turning everything Slash does around.

If Axl wanted to reunite.... Slash would. I think his main point is he was being nice and he too had hoped Axl would show for the reunion, but didn't want to sell the guy short and say, "no way in hell will he show" and then have him show up. It does hurt Slash, weather he admits it or not, to see Axl piss away what he helped build and to see him get along with every ex member except him.... I feel bad for him in that aspect. Axl gets to hang with Duff, Izzy, etc, and still be in GNR, but he won't forgive, or move on with Slash. Izzy, Adler, Duff, Matt, Gilby, have all made up with Axl... Pretty sad for him, with that said he has busted his ass for his solo work, so I credit him for staying very relevant..

Duff is the one that called Myles to come sing. That wasn't Slash and Myles was very apprehensive.... Myles did it to make Duff, Adler, Slash happy because he enabled them to perform in front of the fans... It was great. Myles is so humble and such a GOOD guy.

Edited by smoking guns

His appearance had nothing to do with the album Apocalyptic Love that would be released a month later...he showed up solely for the fans.

Nothing wrong with promoting your own album haha I just love turning everything Slash does around.

I'd agree with you if the only time Slash is out and about is when he's promoting something. However, that's just not the case.

He shows up at different events, performs, and does interviews even when he doesn't have something to sell.

That's not to say he wouldn't have shown up if he didn't have an album coming out soon, but it seemed a bit.. convenient? that it ended up being his singer on vocals.

Axl was more than welcomed to join them on stage. He bailed at the end. :shrugs: Didn't Myles have to jump on a plan and showed up just hours before the show? That's not really the definition of convenient.

I don't see anything wrong with what he says here... I think he gave up forever after the RNRHOF... He had that sliver of hope all those years but he knew it was so unlikely... Then the no show to the RNRHOF and Slash realized finally it was over...

Myles was nowhere around. He showed up at the last minute and saved the day.

Yes, because his albums made him a multi-millionaire.

Haha did anyone listen to the stern interview with Slash a couple years ago? He admitted that he only does interviews and public events when he's promoting. He said he hates talking and hates being out.

I'm not attacking Slash with my opinions I'm only attacking Slash with his own words.

He promotes and does interviews when he's touring or has an album out...nothing wrong with it. I'm sorry Slash isn't as fan friendly as some would like to think. He doesn't do this pubic event stuff out of the goodness of his heart. He wants the Guns N Roses talk to stop, he wants to make music without interviews and appearances. Nothing wrong with that. It's just how he has admitted he'd like it to be. Slash fans are lucky he takes time to do stuff that he hates doing.

Haha did anyone listen to the stern interview with Slash a couple years ago? He admitted that he only does interviews and public events when he's promoting. He said he hates talking and hates being out.

I'm not attacking Slash with my opinions I'm only attacking Slash with his own words.

He promotes and does interviews when he's touring or has an album out...nothing wrong with it. I'm sorry Slash isn't as fan friendly as some would like to think. He doesn't do this pubic event stuff out of the goodness of his heart. He wants the Guns N Roses talk to stop, he wants to make music without interviews and appearances. Nothing wrong with that. It's just how he has admitted he'd like it to be. Slash fans are lucky he takes time to do stuff that he hates doing.

Haha good that he doesn't stop promoting whether a new album or a new tour.

^^^ This. What else? He's following the same destructive plan for almost 2 decades .... even Slash is getting tired of his own plan ...

One from the vaults...

7161763237_7a1f518a65_b_zps57bc2056.jpg

Again? Man, this is getting annoying. Is that you, holding that banner? Stop searching for attention, pls.

It was funny at the first 100 times.

It was a great attempt of promotion ... but he failed.

Duff is the one that called Myles to come sing. That wasn't Slash and Myles was very apprehensive.... Myles did it to make Duff, Adler, Slash happy because he enabled them to perform in front of the fans...

:rofl-lol: