Slash: Reunion talk was "just me being nice"

Well it's not like people care about what he has to say about anything except GNR.

Gotta make a livin'. In the next lifetime, we'll get our reunion at a big, russian wedding in Vegas, with 2000$ ticket prices and Slash will burst out crying while stuffing 100$ bills in his leather pants and he'll say: "For the fans! we did it for the fans! did it for you! and you! and you!" and he'll dive into the crowd with that church basket and collect anything of value including gold teeth and iphones. Hallelujah!

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Shame that the reunion didn't happen at the HOF. That was the best GN'R performance since 1993.

Gtfo of here!

Say what?? First it was pretty awful IMO and there's been tons of great GNR performances since 1993. Al you need to do is get over the FACT (and yep, it's a fact) that Axl retained the name. If you do (and I suspect you don't) your statement is complete bollocks my friend!

• Like 4

Shame that the reunion didn't happen at the HOF. That was the best GN'R performance since 1993.

Gtfo of here!

Say what?? First it was pretty awful IMO and there's been tons of great GNR performances since 1993. Al you need to do is get over the FACT (and yep, it's a fact) that Axl retained the name. If you do (and I suspect you don't) your statement is complete bollocks my friend!

UN GOGS

• Like 1

Facts are, since Slash & Axl parted ways, Slash has put out a lot of good tracks. Axl has put out, 1 album, not so well received, not a patch on anything released by GN'R before it.. 10 years ago, a reunion would have been good. Now in 2014, Axl seems to have lost it somewhat. Slash still sounds as great as ever.

Hmm, do not buy it. Sorry. Why then did he play the Hall of Fame - because he felt the reunion horse had bolted or felt that there was actually, this time, a genuine chance for a reunion? I actually believe Adler here.

I think he played the Hall Of Fame because he's being honored and he wanted to play at his own fucking induction (not cursing at you. at the ridiculousness of GNR situation in general). He says outright "I wasn't going to come, but my wife convinced me to do it cause its what the fans want." Yes, as a fan of GNR I wanted Slash playing at his own induction and not letting Axl stop him from that. He played cause he didn't treat it as the be all, end all Axl does. He played because why the hell else shouldn't he play.

Very different from the 2007 thing. That wasn't GNR being honored, and by Slash joining, it turns into "GNR without Axl" and it actively makes Axl look bad. The Hall was just a different thing. As a fan, I don't care that he played the Largo thing. As a fan, I WOULD care if he didn't play at GNR's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. Its just different and I actually give him credit for thinking of Axl at the 07 gig, cause he didn't have to. The Hall Of Fame was 5 years later and I think Slash has made it clear that that was pretty much the last time he would indulge the reunion thing. He basically saw it as "either Axl can join, or I'll play this time and he'll be mad at me forever and shut the door to a reunion." He made the right call.

Basically, in a nutshell, to sum it up - Perla has Slash by the balls. She'd have no problem party crashing Axl's Halloween party.

Slash never promised anyone a reunion. Slash never said that a reunion was in the works. Slash always said that if things can be worked on, he would do it - this led some people to falsely believe that a reunion was possible and now, he just shut that down by saying "I was being nice about it", instead of killing your baby with something like "not in this lifetime" like bitter, full of anger, no heart Axl Rose. :shrugs:

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

All you need to do is get over the FACT (and yep, it's a fact) that Axl retained the name.

And it is that same fact that proves that Axl having full control over the name never made him "Guns N' Roses".

Eh?

That's not the point though is it?

It's still GNR at LEAST in name terms which makes Maynard post look rather silly, IMO.

Well, I've probably reached my lowest point of interest in GNR and discussing GNR lately so I won't bother answering too deeply. All I can say is regardless of the name, Slash+Duff+Steven reminds me more of the old days than Axl and other 7 freaking musicians. That's it. I guess my comment had to do more with my feelings than legal stuff. No problem with Axl keeping the name... I enjoyed previous line-ups of his solo project which he calls GNR.

Edited by ProstituteComa

Slash knows that everyone knows that the core of the original guys would do a reunion.

If reunion talk comes up in an interview, he throws out a banter answer. Any reunion-esque situations or big rumours etc. surface, then all eyes have to turn to the big cheese with rights to the other original guys' legacy. It begins and ends right there.

What else is there for him to say? What else can he say?

All you need to do is get over the FACT (and yep, it's a fact) that Axl retained the name.

And it is that same fact that proves that Axl having full control over the name never made him "Guns N' Roses".

Eh?

That's not the point though is it?

It's still GNR at LEAST in name terms which makes Maynard post look rather silly, IMO.

Yes, and legally speaking it's impossible to deny that. However, when you see those guys playing together, you see "Guns N' Roses" with or without legal papers. At least that's my POV.

The thing I don't understand is Slash keeps using the rock hall thing as an excuse for why it won't ever happen. He acts like if Axl won't show up to that then he won't show up to anything.

Axl had the same concerns about the rock hall that Slash had. Neither liked it, but one decided to go. Whether Axl's reason was related to Slash or how the rock hall is structured is irrelevant. Either way it was not an ideal situation for a reunion.

I think this shows how self centered Slash is. He believes Axl not attending means Axl never wants to see him again.

I see it as Axl didn't attend bc he thinks the rock hall is stupid, but yes he also wishes not to see Slash.

The reunion thing will happen but it's going to be under better circumstances. It will be a benefit show, or something to raise a lot of money for a good cause. Something that Axl and Slash can both agree with and something big enough to put their differences aside. I don't see anything this big happening for another decade though. God knows if they will be alive and capable at that point.

A show like live 8 in 2005. If it happens in 2025 then I think we could see them reunite.

It has never crossed his mind.

Right. :lol:

Intentional misquote. Well done. he didn't say that. He said a reunion has never really been considered. Big fucking difference.

He finally admits that he says shit just to look nice and cool. And He can keep saying the same shit for years and years just to look nice and cool.

Now he's tired of pretending ... lets see how bad-Slash goes with it ... :lol:

\thread.

He never said that either. he said it was him BEING nice. There's a huge fucking difference between saying shit to look nice and seem cool and simply being nice and cool.

the way you people strive so fucking hard to create drama is so pathetic. Nothing Slash said here is any different than anything he's ever said before. Yet he uses a different word here and there and you fucking Axl Rose zealots jump all over it in some weak attempt to vindicate yourselves. You people need to get off the internet and get some fresh air. For real

Well, I've probably reached my lowest point of interest in GNR and discussing GNR lately so I won't bother answering too deeply. All I can say is regardless of the name, Slash+Duff+Steven reminds me more of the old days than Axl and other 7 freaking musicians. That's it. I guess my comment had to do more with my feelings than legal stuff. No problem with Axl keeping the name... I enjoyed previous line-ups of his solo project which he calls GNR.

You mean until now, you've actually invested deep thought in your answers? I'm so sorry to hear that. :lol:

Slash is the only person I know of who chooses to be ridiculously bitter yet attached to their legacy to cling onto relevancy

He'd be nothing without the GnR nostalgia factor attached to his name and image, and he knows this.

Slash is the only person I know of who chooses to be ridiculously bitter yet attached to their legacy to cling onto relevancy

He'd be nothing without the GnR nostalgia factor attached to his name and image, and he knows this.

LOL. Hmmmm...Tom, Ron, DJ, etc...even Axl. Lets see one of them go at it solo (like Slash has done) and see what happens. They'd all (maybe not Axl as much) literally be no one pieces of crap again. Does anyone think they' get the Super Bowl or even a gig in my back yard?