Slash: Reunion talk was "just me being nice"

God, GNR fans make me angry.

He wasn't lying! He NEVER outright said a reunion was happening ever. That would be lying.

His response every time to a GNR reunion question was "I'd be open to it". Him saying now "I was just being nice" doesn't mean "it was never going to happen". It means "I kind of knew, because of who Axl is, that a reunion wouldn't ever happen. But if Axl were to stop being a dick, and everyone was open to it, I would have no problems getting on board."

Him saying now "I was just being nice" also goes right along with the statement "the ball's not in my court". Its his way of saying "listen, I'm tired of talking about this. I'm not the one you need to be convincing. One person hasn't changed since 1996, and its not me, and thats why a reunion has been dead in the water since then."

Good lord.

He finally admits that he says shit just to look nice and cool. And He can keep saying the same shit for years and years just to look nice and cool.

Now he's tired of pretending ... lets see how bad-Slash goes with it ... :lol:

\thread.

He finally admits that he says shit just to look nice and cool. And He can keep saying the same shit for years and years just to look nice and cool.

\thread.

Please ban.

The way some people constantly twist everything Slash says into a negative is amazing.

If I held as much animosity towards a complete stranger who was a musician in a band, I think I would step away from the music world and concentrate on other things in life.

It's weird.

He wasn't lying! He NEVER outright said a reunion was happening ever. That would be lying.

His response every time to a GNR reunion question was "I'd be open to it". Him saying now "I was just being nice" doesn't mean "it was never going to happen". It means "I kind of knew, because of who Axl is, that a reunion wouldn't ever happen. But if Axl were to stop being a dick, and everyone was open to it, I would have no problems getting on board."

Him saying now "I was just being nice" also goes right along with the statement "the ball's not in my court". Its his way of saying "listen, I'm tired of talking about this. I'm not the one you need to be convincing. One person hasn't changed since 1996, and its not me, and thats why a reunion has been dead in the water since then."

Good lord.

It's ridiculous, isn't it.

I wish the mods/owners would do something about guys like Gunner PT.

They twist everything Slash says or does into a negative, which just makes the entire forum look ridiculous.

Slash (along with Duff, Matt, Steven and probably even Izzy) would be 100% up for a GnR reunion (if it was done the right way). Axl is the ONLY person stopping it from happening.

Slash was keeping it out there IN CASE AXL EVER CHANGED HIS MIND. And now he is tired of being nice about it.

F*CK. The way a couple of you people twist things is ridiculous.

Why is there always one poster who is keeps the negative crap going?

• Like 2

Good lord.

Well said.

And GUNNER, what is "\thread" and why do you post it all the time? I mean, you owned a website and all... \thread really hurts my eyes.

Edited by ProstituteComa

\thread.

\thread.

Please ban.

The way some people constantly twist everything Slash says into a negative is amazing.

If I held as much animosity towards a complete stranger who was a musician in a band, I think I would step away from the music world and concentrate on other things in life.

It's weird.

Good lord.

It's ridiculous, isn't it.

I wish the mods/owners would do something about guys like Gunner PT.

They twist everything Slash says or does into a negative, which just makes the entire forum look ridiculous.

Slash (along with Duff, Matt, Steven and probably even Izzy) would be 100% up for a GnR reunion (if it was done the right way). Axl is the ONLY person stopping it from happening.

Slash was keeping it out there IN CASE AXL EVER CHANGED HIS MIND. And now he is tired of being nice about it.

F*CK. The way a couple of you people twist things is ridiculous.

Why is there always one poster who is keeps the negative crap going?

Say what?!

I don't twist everything Slash says into a negative -.-

Axl got the most blame for the band breaking up, he only fired Matt, yet people think he fired the whole band. With Duff & Slash walking away Axl probably felt betrayed.

He probably feels betrayed a hundred times a day. Beta buys orange juice instead of soda. BETRAYAL! Picture won't load on a website: BETRAYAL! Fernando borrows his car without telling him: BETRAYAL! Dijon poops outside the sandbox: BETRAYAL!

Axl is super sensitive about going inside the litter box. :lol:

• Like 4

"It's a subject I just avoid. 'Cause I've tried all different approaches on this particular subject. The thing is it's been dead in the water since 1996. I'm not gonna joke about it. Anything I ever said that led anybody to believe that there might be any kind of a reunion was just me being nice. No one's ever considered it. It's not really in the cards. And the thing with the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame was that was the closest we got to it, or could have gotten to it, and it didn't happen. And I said, 'You know what?! Let's just close the books. That was a very public event, and hopefully everybody gets it.'"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-reunion-of-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-not-in-the-cards/

There is a bit of a, white lie, here - and I have read enough Slash interviews to know what I am talking about. I think it is fair to say that Slash did not feel the window on a reunion had closed until the Hall of Fame thing. Slash's official line on reunion (which did not change, despite what Slash says), of it, ''being cool to do an one off gig or series of gigs'', was him offering an olive branch to Axl. This is my own opinion but the notion that Slash never desired a reunion is blatantly absurd. What about the infamous moonlight drunken sojourn to PRIVATE Canyon? According to Steven, the reason Slash, who was in the audience, did not participate in the Key Club Reunion of 2007 (to celebrate the anniversary of Appetite) was, because he thought it might 'piss off Axl'' and ''hinder his chances of reuniting''. Why did he not get up there on stage with Stradlin, McKagan and Adler? Steven has to be speaking the truth here.

Slash wanted a reunion.

Of course, he might have finally put a line under reunion now - it does seem that since the Conspirators and Hall of Fame that he has come to lay the reunion ghost to rest somewhat - but, certainly in the early naughties and perhaps even as late as the Hall of Fame, Slash wanted a reunion.

PS

A certain road in Malibu is 'private'! Hmm, it is not as if I am stating the house number? Oh well!

Edited by DieselDaisy

Axl got the most blame for the band breaking up, he only fired Matt, yet people think he fired the whole band. With Duff & Slash walking away Axl probably felt betrayed.

He probably feels betrayed a hundred times a day. Beta buys orange juice instead of soda. BETRAYAL! Picture won't load on a website: BETRAYAL! Fernando borrows his car without telling him: BETRAYAL! Dijon poops outside the sandbox: BETRAYAL!

:lol:

According to Steven, the reason Slash, who was in the audience, did not participate in the Key Club Reunion of 2007 (to celebrate the anniversary of Appetite) was, because he thought it might 'piss off Axl'' and ''hinder his chances of reuniting''. Why did he not get up there on stage with Stradlin, McKagan and Adler? Steven has to be speaking the truth here.

According to Steven?! There's a few things I have wrong with that. First off is that, as much as I love Steven, he stirs the shit big time. He also, half the time, doesn't even know what he's talking about. I don't mean to bring up the junkie thing, but he's said a lot of stupid stuff over the years that isn't even close to correct. Its how he thinks and he thinks differently it seems most of the time.

But putting that aside, what I always heard was Slash didn't join cause he didn't want to "encourage" a reunion. That seems fair enough and I take that in 2 ways. I take that the way of he didn't want to join because then he knows people will get hope and his future questions will all be tailored to that event and a GNR reunion, which is something he doesn't care about and has moved past.

OR I take it as "he didn't want to piss off Axl" which also seems genuine, cause then its everyone but Axl. He knows Axl hates him the most, so seeing that Slash agreed to play with those other guys cements the fact that Axl's a douche and wouldn't join or that the rest of the guys wouldn't want him in a reunion cause he's a dick.

I think in his mind, his reasoning was sound. It was basically that "I don't want to get on stage because, whether people believe it or not, its a big deal when either me or Axl get involved in a GNR thing. People don't really respond as much to the other guys as us, and it becomes more "official" when I step in, and that seems like it'll lead to a lot of trouble for me AND Axl."

Obviously, I don't think he talks to himself with an inflated ego like he thinks he's better than everyone, but you get the point.

Right, and I meant to also add, I've never heard the quote "hinder his [Axl's] chances of a reunion". That seems like an awfully big claim (like, something Steven WOULD say) and not on par with anything Slash has said.

Axl is super sensitive about going inside the litter box. :lol:

Funny shit. :awesomeface:

No Slash the reunion isn't dead because you want it dead it's dead bc Axl has said so for the last 15 years.

The nerve of this guy to try and take control of the GNR reunion. Axl has been in charge of this since they broke up.

Slash is the power hungry one. He didn't like that Axl got to say the reunion wasn't happening.

No Slash the reunion isn't dead because you want it dead it's dead bc Axl has said so for the last 15 years.

The nerve of this guy to try and take control of the GNR reunion. Axl has been in charge of this since they broke up.

Slash is the power hungry one. He didn't like that Axl got to say the reunion wasn't happening.

hue hue hue

• Like 2

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Hmm, do not buy it. Sorry. Why then did he play the Hall of Fame - because he felt the reunion horse had bolted or felt that there was actually, this time, a genuine chance for a reunion? I actually believe Adler here.

I think he played the Hall Of Fame because he's being honored and he wanted to play at his own fucking induction (not cursing at you. at the ridiculousness of GNR situation in general). He says outright "I wasn't going to come, but my wife convinced me to do it cause its what the fans want." Yes, as a fan of GNR I wanted Slash playing at his own induction and not letting Axl stop him from that. He played cause he didn't treat it as the be all, end all Axl does. He played because why the hell else shouldn't he play.

Very different from the 2007 thing. That wasn't GNR being honored, and by Slash joining, it turns into "GNR without Axl" and it actively makes Axl look bad. The Hall was just a different thing. As a fan, I don't care that he played the Largo thing. As a fan, I WOULD care if he didn't play at GNR's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. Its just different and I actually give him credit for thinking of Axl at the 07 gig, cause he didn't have to. The Hall Of Fame was 5 years later and I think Slash has made it clear that that was pretty much the last time he would indulge the reunion thing. He basically saw it as "either Axl can join, or I'll play this time and he'll be mad at me forever and shut the door to a reunion." He made the right call.