Anyone remember Argentinian Tango? It's on Ron's next album.

You read it here first! ;)

If you guys weren't such dumbshits you would know that bumblefoot said months ago that argentinian tango and any song he wrote for guns would appear in his next album because he would not give them to Axl fearing that it would happen the same thing that happened to buckethead's songs.

really he said that?

there is a danger of the songs becoming lost in the machine. Axl needs more fiber in his album making process. All bran is good. Eat a bowl before bed, wake up with an urgent need.

no, there are already enough people calling Axl's music shit ;)

I don't get it. This is what it must feel like to read one of my posts.

I wonder if Bucket has any more songs on CD II. Freese said there were a few more that he wrote other than Chi Dem.

He wrote 3 or 4 songs (one of them is Chinese Democracy) and Axl put them on the AAA list. Freese doesn't seem like a guy that would give enough fucks to lie about such a thing.

Maybe Axl will use a Freese rocker for CD II, III and IV.

Maybe Freese wrote Jackie Chan?

That would be pretty cool. "Who wrote Jackie Chan?" don't know, don't care. You can't ask Axl anything.

I'm guess Axl wrote The General and Atlas Shrugged.

I thought Brain wrote The General. I think he said that in some interview.

Maybe, I just thought it was the song Axl and Baz were talking about being on the third record. The most heavy metal thing Axl has done. Brain was involved in Prostitute mainly wasn't he. It's possibly he did another drum showcase. Thyme, Seven and Zodiac seem like Axl titles. That's problem maybe they all Axl lyrics and melodies but who knows who wrote them. Bucket could be Seven actually. Maybe even Soul Monster for the Sabbath ref.

^^^

Yeah, it was the song Axl and Baz were talking about being on the third record, Brain wrote that I believe. Brain is a talented guy, so I just assumed it didn't have to start or end with "just" drums. Cool that he got to be a part of the songwriting team, like Freese. I see a pattern. Sorum wrote the Set Me Free riff. Drummers are cool. I guess we'll know when we have the fucked up booklet of CD ll in our hand. Just a draft, but it will give us more clues. Axl writes all the lyrics and melodies. No exceptions? idk.

Maybe CD was the Axl lyrics and melodies. CD II could be more of a smorgasbord of writers. Goin' Down for example.

Atlas Shrugged - glam rock Nov Rain, I'm going to say Axl.

But how many of the CD songs are actually written by Axl?

Only This I Love in terms of music?

Dizzy wrote the piano on SOD?

Are the songs basically led by the vocal melody?

Maybe CD was the Axl lyrics and melodies. CD II could be more of a smorgasbord of writers. Goin' Down for example.

The way I see it, everything revolves around the vocal melody and lyrics, or at least it will revolve around it as soon as Axl is really into a melody or a lyric. So Robin can come up with an idea, and Axl will take it and work on that alone, and whatever changes are needed for the melody and lyrics to work with the original idea, it will be changed. Whatever the melody requires. That makes sense to me, cause Axl is now the Gn'R connection.

To retain the Guns sound, the music must bend to Axl's voice, melody, and lyrics. Oh My God was an Axl song, but Better was the other way around. Both Gn'R.

and what about Paul? he wrote Back Off Bitch, so he knew a few things bout Gn'R. He wrote a lot of the key songs for Chinese, or at least helped with the writing process. There Was A Time and Catcher. Big guns.

I think the main thing is, like you said though: Axl is like a music director, so idk how relevant who came up with what idea, cause Axl puts that shit together, he's the chef. But I think it does matter anyway, I'm just trying to explain it to myself.

It's probably a mixture of conventional approach (just write me some cool ideas, while I'll try to write some cool ideas myself) and Axl taking charge in his crib while no one is around, putting it together and making it Gn'R. Dizzy came up with a great piano idea, Axl sang over the chords, Stinson helped, and Axl found a way to make it Street Of Dreams. It's kinda like a band, but then you have Axl in the middle.

Edited by Rovim

The way I see it, everything revolves around the vocal melody and lyrics, or at least it will revolve around it as soon as Axl is really into a melody or a lyric. So Robin can come up with an idea, and Axl will take it and work on that alone, and whatever changes are needed for the melody and lyrics to work with the original idea, it will be changed. Whatever the melody requires. That makes sense to me, cause Axl is now the Gn'R connection.

To retain the Guns sound, the music must bend to Axl's voice, melody, and lyrics. Oh My God was an Axl song, but Better was the other way around. Both Gn'R.

and what about Paul? he wrote Back Off Bitch, so he knew a few things bout Gn'R. He wrote a lot of the key songs for Chinese, or at least helped with the writing process. There Was A Time and Catcher. Big guns.

I think the main thing is, like you said though: Axl is like a music director, so idk how relevant who came up with what idea, cause Axl puts that shit together, he's the chef. But I think it does matter anyway, I'm just trying to explain it to myself.

It's probably a mixture of conventional approach (just write me some cool ideas, while I'll try to write some cool ideas myself) and Axl taking charge in his crib while no one is around, putting it together and making it Gn'R. Dizzy came up with a great piano idea, Axl sang over the chords, Stinson helped, and Axl found a way to make it Street Of Dreams. It's kinda like a band, but then you have Axl in the middle.

And when you take his vocal melody and lyrics out you don't have GNR?

Not strictly true on Brownstone or Dust N Bones?

And when you take his vocal melody and lyrics out you don't have GNR?

Not strictly true on Brownstone or Dust N Bones?

Well, I was talking more about Chinese. He brought Robin for new influences too. He brought Bucket for...badass heartfelt shreds, also new shit. There is no more Izzy, but like I said, maybe Paul played the Izzy part to an extent. But Axl knows what a Gn'R song needs imo. And don't forget: Axl copy/pasted most of the solos according to Bumble. If he copy/pasted the Catcher May solo, that tells me the music was shaped by Axl as well. So not just melodies and lyrics and piano ideas.

This is only my educated guess, and it's based on the little we know, what Axl talked about. But he also said that he wanted to first come up with the music, all of them, and then he had to kick it's ass with melodies and lyrics, but I think with a song like Better for example, you have a NIN sounding riff, which is pretty basic, and the no one ever told me when I was alone little guitar melody, and it doesn't really sound like Guns, it has that SCOM thing going on, sure, but Axl made it a Guns song I think, Robin came up with a Slash like bluesy solo, and Axl built everything around that.

I think the band itself knew how to come up with the styles they use, and what they thought will sound cool with Axl singing on top of these ideas, but a song Like Shackler's doesn't really sound like a Guns song until Axl made it somehow work (imo) but Bucket songs seem to sound more new to the Guns sound anyway, and Axl went with it, but other then Scraped, Sorry, Shackler's, and Prostitute, the songs that people that are familiar with Guns tunes like Dizzy and Paul sound more Gn'R to me in a way.

I think everything worked so well, cause you always had someone that took an idea to where it was supposed to go, and Axl had the final say, so if it was too far, Axl railed it in to the Gn'R sound, retaining the weirdness, but also making sure all the Guns elements he thought needed to be there were still present.

Kinda a mess of a post, but maybe I've explained myself good enough.

Edited by Rovim

I just listened some new Slash riffs and solos
This argentinian tango is ridicoulusly shit, compared to Slash new tunes, bbf is even more generic with this, than Slash ever was...
But i can admit than BBF voice is not as annoying as Myles voice. hell i even take Mickey Axl on some songs on the new record :lol:

• Like 1