Which Izzy songs you'd like to hear done by the original GNR?

Izzy's music is perfectly good as it is. You do not need ginger minge and Slosh ruining it with their overdubs and heavy metalisms.

So basically you don't like GN'R then.

No, but I love Izzy's solo albums in situ. I do not look at them and see songs which could be 'improved' by being 'Guns N' Rose-ized'.

Further on this, yes I like Slash but I also like Rick Richards. I like Izzy singing - my favourite Illusion songs are the Izzy numbers. GN'R are great for what they are but this is Izzy. If I listen to All Things Must Pass, a masterpiece, I do not immediately say, ''I wonder what it would sound like if John and Paul contributed?''

Edited by DieselDaisy

Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, Bad Apples, Right Next Door To Hell, Think About You, Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive and Reckless Life should all return to setlist.

Izzy's post guns material should be sung by Izzy...those songs are classics/untouchable..especially the first two records. His vocal delivery makes the songs. Axl singing those songs would be like Izzy singing Estranged.

I've been listening to the Izzy solo stuff for the first time and I'm really enjoying it, top notch rock music. I'd love to see GNR do practically his whole material, but mainly I Know, Coke'n, Ain't It A Bitch (this one is already a GNR song lacking Axl and Slash), Gotta Say, Memphis and Here Before You. I can really feel GNR in those songs.

excellent choices

i would add "needles" and "here comes the rain" to the list.

all these songs need is a bit of slash heaviness, some adler grooves and they're "fired up to go"

i'd love to interpret the lyrics of "here before you" as if they were adressed to the nu-guns hacks

Edited by action

I've been listening to the Izzy solo stuff for the first time and I'm really enjoying it, top notch rock music. I'd love to see GNR do practically his whole material, but mainly I Know, Coke'n, Ain't It A Bitch (this one is already a GNR song lacking Axl and Slash), Gotta Say, Memphis and Here Before You. I can really feel GNR in those songs.

excellent choices

all these songs need is a bit of slash heaviness, some adler grooves and they're "fired up to go"

i'd love to interpret the lyrics of "here before you" as if they were adressed to the nu-guns hacks

these songs don't need a damn thing. They're perfect to me.

excellent choices

these songs don't need a damn thing. They're perfect to me.

they are perfect to me too, but that's not the point. they dont sound like GNR songs, yet. with those additions, they would reach appetite quality. i think that was the goal of this thread: to find Izzy songs which could be remade by the others into genuine GNR rockers.