If Axl publicly expressed interest in a reunion and Slash refused, how would you feel?

ShadowOfTheWave

Slash has also played GNR songs with other players, it's not really an issue. Axl just kept the name. Only a crazy person would walk away from the position they were in. Biggest band in the world and they want to go solo. We gave them too much money basically. If they came up in this era they'd be on shorter lease and have to keep working together.

• Like 2

maybe Bucket and Brain will return for CD II.

Sure, and maybe Chinese Democracy II will sell 10 million copies in the first week. Nothing is impossible. Axl is unconquerable. We get it.

why so anger?

You mean why so angry? I'm not angry. I just think that the idea of Buckethead 'returning' for Chinese Democracy II when he didn't care enough to promote Chinese Democracy is just preposterous.

Axl fucked Buckethead over. He's never going to work with him again.

Buckey quit around 2004 so why would he promote CD? If CD is the off cuts like you say then it probably has a good few Bucket jams. And if Ron leaves who the hell are they going to get? I think maybe if there is any wings to these reunion rumors it's Bucket or Finck.

That's what Axl said. That Buckethead had no interest in promoting the band's new album or giving interviews to discuss the band he was in. Of course, I take it as more and more Axl cry baby nonsensical bitterness but who knows. I also remember reading that Buckethead got his royalties reduced to a ridiculous percentage because of it.

I don't know nor care who they're going to hire if/when Bumblefoot leaves.

Look, if you still think CD II is coming out, I respect that, even though I find it very delusional, but it's just preposterous to think Buckethead is coming back -- or Finck, who's now working in an actual respectable band. That's never gonna happen. I mean, none of them are going to abandon what they're doing to be a cover musician. They already did and we all know how that worked out for them. They quit.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Sure, and maybe Chinese Democracy II will sell 10 million copies in the first week. Nothing is impossible. Axl is unconquerable. We get it.

why so anger?
You mean why so angry? I'm not angry. I just think that the idea of Buckethead 'returning' for Chinese Democracy II when he didn't care enough to promote Chinese Democracy is just preposterous.

Buckey quit around 2004 so why would he promote CD? If CD is the off cuts like you say then it probably has a good few Bucket jams. And if Ron leaves who the hell are they going to get? I think maybe if there is any wings to these reunion rumors it's Bucket or Finck.

That's what Axl said. That Buckethead had no interest in promoting the band's new album or giving interviews to discuss the band he was in. Of course, I take it as more and more Axl cry baby nonsensical bitterness but who knows. I also remember reading that Buckethead got his royalties reduced to a ridiculous percentage because of it.

Look, if you still think CD II is coming out, I respect that, even though I find it very delusional, but it's just preposterous to think Buckethead is coming back -- or Finck, who's now working in an actual respectable band. That's never gonna happen. I mean, none of them are going to abandon what they're doing to be a cover musician. They already did and we all know how that worked out for them. They quit.

I think Finck has guested like Duff, so there's no bad blood really. Fuck knows how Bucket operates, maybe if you give him unlimited wings he'll come back and play ITW solo.

why so anger?

I think Finck has guested like Duff, so there's no bad blood really. Fuck knows how Bucket operates, maybe if you give him unlimited wings he'll come back and play ITW solo.

Or promise him he can waste everyone's time for 10 minutes while he does the robot and plays with nun-chucks like an asshole.

• Like 1

why so anger?

Or promise him he can waste everyone's time for 10 minutes while he does the robot and plays with nun-chucks like an asshole.

Great idea but you'll also have to have Tommy promise not to pick on him because he gets scared and runs away easily.

If slash refused then I'd be annoyed because it would once again deny a good percentage of the fans from getting what they want.

It seems so utterly ridiculous that 2 grown men cannot settle this bullshit. As ive said before, im not team Axl, or Team Slash.. that shit is for teeny boppers who watch twighlight... :lol: so i have no agenda other then wanting SOMETHING cool to happen.

Edited by Tadsy

You said it, he was a guest. I don't know, but I happen to think that Finck didn't leave with bitterness, he left because he was tired to be in a dysfunctional band. He spent a good... what, 10 years? of his life in that band and it had to come to an end. That's all.

Sure, I can see Finck as guest in a song or two of the "new album". I don't see him rejoining Axl's band. Finck is in a real band now.

With Buckethead is a completely different story since he left for one reason only, the no desire of moving forward but then, Axl went full cry baby on him, blaming him for everything. Then years later, he had the nerve of saying that Buckethead is welcomed every time he wants to play with him? :lol: Buckethead has refused to discuss anything regarding Guns N' Roses or Axl since his departure.

You said it, he was a guest. I don't know, but I happen to think that Finck didn't leave with bitterness, he left because he was tired to be in a dysfunctional band. He spent a good... what, 10 years? of his life in that band and it had to come to an end. That's all.

Sure, I can see Finck as guest in a song or two of the "new album". I don't see him rejoining Axl's band. Finck is in a real band now.

With Buckethead is a completely different story since he left for one reason only, the no desire of moving forward but then, Axl went full cry baby on him, blaming him for everything. Then years later, he had the nerve of saying that Buckethead is welcomed every time he wants to play with him? :lol: Buckethead has refused to discuss anything regarding Guns N' Roses or Axl since his departure.

I think it came down to Axl having the ability to keep any number of Buckethead's solos for himself and could sue him if he reworked them into a song for himself, and he may have tried to do the same thing with Slash. It was like he went through this lawsuit mad phase in his life. I don't think Ron has that issue because he came in with most of that stuff done by Buckethead and was just touching things up here and there, and had put a lot aside for his solo projects. But just imagine you have 2 songs that sound relatively close and the bandleader now has the ability to sue the fruits of your labor because of something you signed in the contract.

• Like 1

I think it came down to Axl having the ability to keep any number of Buckethead's solos for himself and could sue him if he reworked them into a song for himself, and he may have tried to do the same thing with Slash. It was like he went through this lawsuit mad phase in his life. I don't think Ron has that issue because he came in with most of that stuff done by Buckethead and was just touching things up here and there, and had put a lot aside for his solo projects. But just imagine you have 2 songs that sound relatively close and the bandleader now has the ability to sue the fruits of your labor because of something you signed in the contract.

Oh, you're right. I remember reading something about that, too. I don't know about Slash, though.

If that's the case, which is most likely to be true, considering how paranoid Axl is, then, why the fuck would Buckethead want to work with someone like Axl ever again? :lol:

:lol: Bucket would never want to work with Axl as long as there's a big, bad drunken Tommy running around. Scared him right out of his chicken coop. Ran right away with his integrety between his legs. For the better of all mankind. No sense in talking about him ever returning because it's not going to happen. Slash is more likely to return.

Bucket did come out once and say it was because Axl refused to finish a record etc. So if Axl lays out CD 2 is coming out let's tour it, I still have your yellow raincoat.

But Finck doesn't really write in NIn? He tours and when it's over Axl might tempt him with another tour playing Better and a new song.

I know it's delusional but we keep talking about a full blown reunion too. It's all relative I guess.

At least Finck n Bucket know the material. If Ron goes Id go to them first for sure.

:lol: Bucket would never want to work with Axl as long as there's a big, bad drunken Tommy running around. Scared him right out of his chicken coop. Ran right away with his integrety between his legs. For the better of all mankind. No sense in talking about him ever returning because it's not going to happen. Slash is more likely to return.

Tommy might be out too? Duff might be more chicken friendly.

Bucket did come out once and say it was because Axl refused to finish a record etc. So if Axl lays out CD 2 is coming out let's tour it, I still have your yellow raincoat.

But Finck doesn't really write in NIn? He tours and when it's over Axl might tempt him with another tour playing Better and a new song.

I know it's delusional but we keep talking about a full blown reunion too. It's all relative I guess.

At least Finck n Bucket know the material. If Ron goes Id go to them first for sure.

Yeah, but Bucket might not forgive Axl for letting Tommy traumatize him like that.

Complete hypocrite he'd be, which he has already now been somewhat since reneging on his productivity and declaration of why he kept the name, but also, I wouldn't be as bothered since I'm neither an Axl United or Slash FC fan but a music fan, a lot more intrigued by Axl's offerings precious few as they are... at least he'd be doing some goddamn thing with his talent and the GNR name.

I'd chuckle. Who doesn't dream of the situation where an old "boss" comes crawling back just so you can tell them to go fuck themselves?

If Axl came to his house, would Slash have the decency to go talk to him or would he send Perla to the door to do all the talking?

I'd chuckle. Who doesn't dream of the situation where an old "boss" comes crawling back just so you can tell them to go fuck themselves?

If Axl came to his house, would Slash have the decency to go talk to him or would he send Perla to the door to do all the talking?

It's never been confirmed if Axl was even home at the time.

If Beta was there, I'm sure Axl was there.

Wasn't it like 3 in the morning?

Seems odd that Beta wouldn't have mentioned if Axl wasn't there.

Wasn't it like 3 in the morning?

Seems odd that Beta wouldn't have mentioned if Axl wasn't there.

I'm just saying we don't know for sure what happened. It's also possible that Axl was home but Beta didn't tell him Slash was there, remember Marc said he thinks she purposely didn't wake Axl up for his son's Bat Mitzvah to avoid conflict with Slash.

• Like 1

Yeah, but Bucket might not forgive Axl for letting Tommy traumatize him like that.
Maybe a chance meeting at ToysRUs could change everything.

Buckethead didn't, his representatives did. Do you realize that it's been 10 years since he left? And that CD II would include 10-year-old Buckethead solos or riffs?

Why would you want Finck back if you have DJ Ashba on the lead guitar? If Finck is back, Ashba has to go. Not that I care, but I think Ashba has a fanbase, and another line-up change doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, hoping for CD II is damn delusional just like hoping for a reunion. None of them will happen.

Axl tried to get Buckethead back before Ron joined. Didn't happen. If Ron is gone, they will have to start looking for another guitarist. Buckethead is never coming back.

Buckethead didn't, his representatives did. Do you realize that it's been 10 years since he left? And that CD II would include 10-year-old Buckethead solos or riffs?

Why would you want Finck back if you have DJ Ashba on the lead guitar? If Finck is back, Ashba has to go. Not that I care, but I think Ashba has a fanbase, and another line-up change doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, hoping for CD II is damn delusional just like hoping for a reunion. None of them will happen.

Axl tried to get Buckethead back before Ron joined. Didn't happen. If Ron is gone, they will have to start looking for another guitarist. Buckethead is never coming back.

And regardless of how many times DS repeats Bucket left because Tommy was bullying him, it's clear BH only left because Axl refused to release the music he created.