If Axl publicly expressed interest in a reunion and Slash refused, how would you feel?

ShadowOfTheWave

So Slash quit before Axl made a move to continue on with the name? It seemed to be only after they quit they really realised he was going to carry on? Slash said it was seeing the VMAs that made him realise it was really happening.

Anyway I think the point is that Slash kind of presented like the Snakepit was the GNR record and Axl rejected. But Axl was really open to working on it or doing a GNR record with Slash. The idea wasn't to have Slash run away. Then Slash starts saying how Axl wanted to do PJ crap or whatever. Which wasn't really true.

These are just my perceptions or how I experienced it. Not saying what happened like I'd know. It's just a way I see Axl being pissed with Slash. It's these subtle spins on what happened. That's just a guess.

No! Slash quit in 1996 around the time Axl sent that fax to MTV. After the first Snakepit tour Slash was still in the band. He was called by people close to Axl telling him to finished the tour because Axl needed him. It´s in his book. You could say at that time he was with one foot out but not 100% out.

I'm pretty sure Slash quit GNR right after Appetite. The "Slash" on Lies, UYI and TSI was an impostor. In fact, there was another change between Lies and UYI, so really there were 3 different Slashes during the classic era. Axl was unaware of the changes until 1996 according to my sources. When he found out he went into a rage, and he's spent the last 18 or so years trying to figure out which Slash he's most bitter about. Beta has made some headway in convincing him that there never was anyone named Slash in the band. She puts pills in his sausage links to make him more receptive to the idea.

I'm not saying this is 100% true, just that this is what my sources say, and maybe this explains why Axl has been such a paranoid pussy for so long. Seems plausible to me, so I'm going to stick with it and spampost it all over the forum.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure Slash quit GNR right after Appetite. The "Slash" on Lies, UYI and TSI was an impostor. In fact, there was another change between Lies and UYI, so really there were 3 different Slashes during the classic era. Axl was unaware of the changes until 1996 according to my sources. When he found out he went into a rage, and he's spent the last 18 or so years trying to figure out which Slash he's most bitter about. Beta has made some headway in convincing him that there never was anyone named Slash in the band. She puts pills in his sausage links to make him more receptive to the idea.

I'm not saying this is 100% true, just that this is what my sources say, and maybe this explains why Axl has been such a paranoid pussy for so long. Seems plausible to me, so I'm going to stick with it and spampost it all over the forum.

really bad joke a side, Slash on heavy drugs is one of the best guitar players ever. So there must be more than one Slash.

• Like 1

really bad joke a side, Slash on heavy drugs is one of the best guitar players ever. So there must be more than one Slash.

As an "a side" :lol: , seems you didn't get the joke if your criticism is that it's "bad." I'll let you spin your treadless tires on that for a minute.

As an "a side" :lol: , seems you didn't get the joke if your criticism is that it's "bad." I'll let you spin your treadless tires on that for a minute.

and i will let you pay to make spampost of badjokes.

• Like 1

So Slash quit before Axl made a move to continue on with the name? It seemed to be only after they quit they really realised he was going to carry on? Slash said it was seeing the VMAs that made him realise it was really happening.

Anyway I think the point is that Slash kind of presented like the Snakepit was the GNR record and Axl rejected. But Axl was really open to working on it or doing a GNR record with Slash. The idea wasn't to have Slash run away. Then Slash starts saying how Axl wanted to do PJ crap or whatever. Which wasn't really true.

These are just my perceptions or how I experienced it. Not saying what happened like I'd know. It's just a way I see Axl being pissed with Slash. It's these subtle spins on what happened. That's just a guess.

No! Slash quit in 1996 around the time Axl sent that fax to MTV. After the first Snakepit tour Slash was still in the band. He was called by people close to Axl telling him to finished the tour because Axl needed him. It´s in his book. You could say at that time he was with one foot out but not 100% out.

He quit or failed to join anyway. And he went on to blame Axl when Axl seemed ready to work with Slash.

"I can't tell you baby what went wrong"

1996 Slash would say NO to a reunion. 2001 Slash would do it even if he's not invited to the gig, with guitar in hand.

Pre-andrenaline shot everything was so easy, easy.

I would respect Slash all day long, end of the day no band, no amount of money, no 'art' is worth a mans dignity or worth going back, cap in hand to this dickhead thats basically spent great chunks of his life waging some kinda psychic war against you, slagging you off in songs, in print, all over the fuckin' shop. Quite frankly, if I was Slash i wouldn't get back with the band for all the tea in China, just not worth it.

Also, i don't think they deserves a second chance, some things you ruin and it's ruined for good, why should he get a chance to re-construct or salvage something from a thing that he went so far out of his way to fuck up in the first place?

That day is gone, those times is gone and the time for that music is gone and it's gone because, for whatever reasons, these numbskulls couldn't sit in a room together and behave like human beings so, y'know, fuck em, this is what you get, just desserts, a bunch of old farts that could've been contenders wondering about what life might've been like were they not such massive cunts.

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 2

This is a hilarious thread. And then Lennie, of all people, brings it back on topic :lol:

I actually just wanted to say that, but as I haven't answered the question at hand yet: I don't think I really would feel anything much at all. If he refuses, he must have a good reason for doing so and it's his life after all. I just want new music.

I would respect Slash all day long, end of the day no band, no amount of money, no 'art' is worth a mans dignity or worth going back, cap in hand to this dickhead thats basically spent great chunks of his life waging some kinda psychic war against you, slagging you off in songs, in print, all over the fuckin' shop. Quite frankly, if I was Slash i wouldn't get back with the band for all the tea in China, just not worth it.

Also, i don't think they deserves a second chance, some things you ruin and it's ruined for good, why should he get a chance to re-construct or salvage something from a thing that he went so far out of his way to fuck up in the first place?

That day is gone, those times is gone and the time for that music is gone and it's gone because, for whatever reasons, these numbskulls couldn't sit in a room together and behave like human beings so, y'know, fuck em, this is what you get, just desserts, a bunch of old farts that could've been contenders wondering about what life might've been like were they not such massive cunts.

this.

Some ppl here acts like children over a failed marriage. They want at all cost to be together again, and that ain't gonna happen. Maybe they can talk things out some day, but that's it.

:rofl-lol:

Last time I read one of those shit spamposts, it was so ridiculous I just laughed.

Yup, definitely missed the joke. :lol:

You gotta consider that English is not even a 3rd language for most of these people.

I'd be annoyed because he's been pretty much open to it all these years with Axl refusing then when he finally agrees, now Slash refuses.

I would respect him more, there's no point of a reunion right now, at least a reunion with Slash. I prefer a reunion with Bucket/Robin.

I would love that too. I wanna hear Buckethead play There Was a Time live so bad.

maybe Bucket and Brain will return for CD II.

Sure, and maybe Chinese Democracy II will sell 10 million copies in the first week. Nothing is impossible. Axl is unconquerable. We get it.

why so anger?

You mean why so angry? I'm not angry. I just think that the idea of Buckethead 'returning' for Chinese Democracy II when he didn't care enough to promote Chinese Democracy is just preposterous.

Axl fucked Buckethead over. He's never going to work with him again.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

maybe Bucket and Brain will return for CD II.

Sure, and maybe Chinese Democracy II will sell 10 million copies in the first week. Nothing is impossible. Axl is unconquerable. We get it.

why so anger?

You mean why so angry? I'm not angry. I just think that the idea of Buckethead 'returning' for Chinese Democracy II when he didn't care enough to promote Chinese Democracy is just preposterous.

Axl fucked Buckethead over. He's never going to work with him again.

Buckey quit around 2004 so why would he promote CD? If CD is the off cuts like you say then it probably has a good few Bucket jams. And if Ron leaves who the hell are they going to get? I think maybe if there is any wings to these reunion rumors it's Bucket or Finck.

Let's say Axl did a 180 and in the next interview he gives he says he would like to give the original band another shot, even if just for a few shows. Let's then say Slash comes out and says something like "All things considered, it's in the past and I've moved on".

There are lots of forum fans who seem to think Slash should turn down a reunion if the opportunity came up, and there are those want a reunion and hate on Axl for not giving in. How would you personally feel if Axl changed his mind and Slash wouldn't go back?

at this stage Im indifferent. numb. 20 years of living on hints allegations, speculation and rumour tend to do that. Would I blame Slash or anyone for turning it down? NO.

I'd be thinking " Where were you Axl when I came to your gate to chat with you and your housekeeper ran interferance? WHere were you when the rest of us were at the HOF? Where you been for the last 20 years besides taking our songs and prostituing them out to other players and calling them GNR?

• Like 2

I'd be thinking " Where were you Axl when I came to your gate to chat with you and your housekeeper ran interferance? WHere were you when the rest of us were at the HOF? Where you been for the last 20 years besides taking our songs and prostituting them out to other players and calling them GNR?

The truest thing I've ever heard on this forum!

Edited by Screamin' Demon