If Axl publicly expressed interest in a reunion and Slash refused, how would you feel?

ShadowOfTheWave

ok everything that everybody is talking about will only create circles and circles of complete axl vs slash bull shit

THE BOTTOM line is that without Izzy this band is VOID - VOID in writing and VOID in spirit - axl and just slash are too polar to get along properly as a team

The NEED and perfect Inclusion of Izzy with the rest of the guys solidifies the group as long as Axl doesn't get all egotistical as he tended to do over the years

Izzy is the only one that everyone respects and that can bring everyone together

Its not bullshit if its true. There arent multiple sources for anything really. Its just something you dont want to be true because it doesnt support the black and white anti Axl campaign that gives everyone security that they know everything. shed a little doubt and...I don't think Axl would really broadcast this. Not that it's really confirmed I agree. I find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together. Axl has said he tried to get Slash back, it wasn't a split second decision. He just couldn't take Axls shit anymore, ballads, Tobias whatever but it was ultimately his decision as it was the end of GNR. He must know the significance and probably didn't expect Axl to carry on. I mean they said they only believed Axl was serious on the VMAs. That's when they realised better do something like VR.

your writing is all over the place

can you please get to the point

You're wrong.

ok fine but wtf does this mean?

find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together.

Supposedly Slash was offered the chance to play on 3 or 4 songs on CD if he would apologise to Axl for misleading the media. He said fuck that. I find that hard to believe but it seems to have some truth. Which means that Axl has always really wanted Slash back kind of. But at some point he had to move.

After CD came out, Azzof tried to set up a reunion tour with Van Halen. I think Axl wanted to take his current band. It's an

Example of the shenanigans going on. Azzof was VRs manager then instigated the Best Buy deal. They are swimming in the same water you can't be surprised about some of these stories.

Just like the reunion, Slash made it seem like it was just Axls decision but I don't think the other guys really that into the idea in a real way, just a way to spin it or excuse for leaving other than blame themselves.

ok everything that everybody is talking about will only create circles and circles of complete axl vs slash bull shit

THE BOTTOM line is that without Izzy this band is VOID - VOID in writing and VOID in spirit - axl and just slash are too polar to get along properly as a team

The NEED and perfect Inclusion of Izzy with the rest of the guys solidifies the group as long as Axl doesn't get all egotistical as he tended to do over the years

Izzy is the only one that everyone respects and that can bring everyone together

Its not bullshit if its true. There arent multiple sources for anything really. Its just something you dont want to be true because it doesnt support the black and white anti Axl campaign that gives everyone security that they know everything. shed a little doubt and...I don't think Axl would really broadcast this. Not that it's really confirmed I agree. I find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together. Axl has said he tried to get Slash back, it wasn't a split second decision. He just couldn't take Axls shit anymore, ballads, Tobias whatever but it was ultimately his decision as it was the end of GNR. He must know the significance and probably didn't expect Axl to carry on. I mean they said they only believed Axl was serious on the VMAs. That's when they realised better do something like VR.

You're wrong.

find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together.

Supposedly Slash was offered the chance to play on 3 or 4 songs on CD if he would apologise to Axl for misleading the media. He said fuck that. I find that hard to believe but it seems to have some truth. Which means that Axl has always really wanted Slash back kind of. But at some point he had to move.

After CD came out, Azzof tried to set up a reunion tour with Van Halen. I think Axl wanted to take his current band. It's an

Example of the shenanigans going on. Azzof was VRs manager then instigated the Best Buy deal. They are swimming in the same water you can't be surprised about some of these stories.

Just like the reunion, Slash made it seem like it was just Axls decision but I don't think the other guys really that into the idea in a real way, just a way to spin it or excuse for leaving other than blame themselves.

really? how do you know this? 3 or 4 song bit - this is after axl made fun of slash for showing up to his house wasted

so azoff was indeed close to getting a reunion or going or getting axl open to bringing in slash for 3 or 4 songs - it just doesn't fit

You're wrong.

Oh fuck off...

I couldn't care less about an anti Axl or anti Slash campaign or whatever you called it...

They are millionaire rockstars with a bunch of ego...

I'm just merely pointiing out that you can't back up your argument (as always) and babbling about incoherent tl;dr's....

You're wrong.

really? how do you know this? 3 or 4 song bit - this is after axl made fun of slash for showing up to his house wasted

so azoff was indeed close to getting a reunion or going or getting axl open to bringing in slash for 3 or 4 songs - it just doesn't fit

It's been around. You could almost see it being offered to Slash without Axls knowledge. And the Azzof deal did he run that past Slash before going to Axl?

I've tried to find a reason for Axl to hate Slash that much, I can't find anything much other than Slash kind of making out it was all Axls fault. What's the difference between Slash and Izzy/Duff?

That's why I've always thought it's bullshit and there probably will be a reunion. So I think the feud is more a media thing. Slash didn't want to be in GNR for certain reasons, all of which will probably never change. Axl is part of the deal. Ron is complaining about similar stuff to Slash. But maybe when there's nothing left to play for they will do a reunion tour/album. Not sure what the album would be like. I guess slash playing on Axl and Izzy songs.

You're wrong.

Oh fuck off...

I couldn't care less about an anti Axl or anti Slash campaign or whatever you called it...

They are millionaire rockstars with a bunch of ego...

I'm just merely pointiing out that you can't back up your argument (as always) and babbling about incoherent tl;dr's....

Axl already offered, Slash already said no. Maybe things will changed but you have to consider the history.

I don't know what I said is out there somewhere. I try to hunt it down for you.

You're wrong.

It's been around. You could almost see it being offered to Slash without Axls knowledge. And the Azzof deal did he run that past Slash before going to Axl?

I've tried to find a reason for Axl to hate Slash that much, I can't find anything much other than Slash kind of making out it was all Axls fault. What's the difference between Slash and Izzy/Duff?

That's why I've always thought it's bullshit and there probably will be a reunion. So I think the feud is more a media thing. Slash didn't want to be in GNR for certain reasons, all of which will probably never change. Axl is part of the deal. Ron is complaining about similar stuff to Slash. But maybe when there's nothing left to play for they will do a reunion tour/album. Not sure what the album would be like. I guess slash playing on Axl and Izzy songs.

It was with Axl's knowledge. Marc said he talked to Axl about it the day after Rio 2001.

The battles were during the breakup. Our people and my individual legal basically forced me to go thru the motions with everything I had to make things work for over 2 years in the sense that if they felt I wasnt making every effort 110% and with all the sincerity and all above board I wouldnt have their support which I wanted, couldnt afford to lose or risk losing. Which led to the trial period where Slash played the key bits of Fall to Pieces but once I showed some interest that was over. - Axl

It's not the exact quote because its before Slash left For good. But it shows how Axl was trying to work with Slash.

This could also be relevant:

And Im not talking change of styles or sounds etc. A lot of people bought that crap and me having gone in other directions seems to many to have verified that. Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slashs book but I have the rehearsal tapes. Theres nothing but Slash based blues rock and he stopped it to both go solo and try to completely take over Guns. I read all this if Axl wouldve put words and melodies on it couldve That was denied and I didnt walk till several months after having 3 to 4 hour phone conversations nearly every day with Slash trying to reach a compromise. I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or fuck off.

Seems like Axl was trying to work with Slash. So maybe if Axl offered, Slash might not want to.

But a reunion tour might be easier if Axl did get over it.

so axl is mad at slash for not trying to work further after his work was rejected and be aligned with tobias

doesn't make sense

zero compromise on both ends its seems - but more of axl as leader, he should've been smarter

Nobody ever says if Axl brought anything to the table. I never heard once about what Axl or anyone else in the band other than slash brought to the table and was rejected.

It sounds like Slash brought an album of material to the table to work on, it was rejected, but nobody else had jack to talk about.

• Like 2

Slash already turned down doing 3 or 4 songs on CD and coming back. I think it's more that Slash quit and never came back even though Axl tried for 3 years. If he wanted a reunion he wouldn't have quit.

Slash didn't quit. He just refused to join GnR in the reconstituted version of the band.
Same difference, not even sure that is true he was there long enough to try and get them to do Snakepit as GNR, when Axl n Duff didn't go for it and then Axl brought in Tobias, then he quit. So not really. He had 3 years to reconsider and was offered to play on CD. So it was down to him. So if Axl wanted Slash is kind of moot.

If Slash did the reunion how many shows before Axl was late?

In 1995 Axl sent Slash & Duff letters saying he was quitting Guns and taking the name with him, and they were welcome to join him. So it's Axl that quit.

They had to quit to give him sole control? I always understood that they had to quit before Axl could start a new band under with the name. I mean the name thing was included when they renego their contract?

Axl disolved the partnership in 1995. So he quit although it was a legal trick more than an actual quitting. I remember there were some documents posted here long ago explaning the whole thing. And he took the name with him

Slash already turned down doing 3 or 4 songs on CD and coming back. I think it's more that Slash quit and never came back even though Axl tried for 3 years. If he wanted a reunion he wouldn't have quit.

Slash didn't quit. He just refused to join GnR in the reconstituted version of the band.
Same difference, not even sure that is true he was there long enough to try and get them to do Snakepit as GNR, when Axl n Duff didn't go for it and then Axl brought in Tobias, then he quit. So not really. He had 3 years to reconsider and was offered to play on CD. So it was down to him. So if Axl wanted Slash is kind of moot.

In 1995 Axl sent Slash & Duff letters saying he was quitting Guns and taking the name with him, and they were welcome to join him. So it's Axl that quit.

They had to quit to give him sole control? I always understood that they had to quit before Axl could start a new band under with the name. I mean the name thing was included when they renego their contract?

Axl disolved the partnership in 1995. So he quit although it was a legal trick more than an actual quitting. I remember there were some documents posted here long ago explaning the whole thing. And he took the name with him

scandalous

he has nothing to feel shitty about other than himself fucking it up

still time to regain international respect mr.rose

so axl is mad at slash for not trying to work further after his work was rejected and be aligned with tobias

doesn't make sense

zero compromise on both ends its seems - but more of axl as leader, he should've been smarter

Nobody ever says if Axl brought anything to the table. I never heard once about what Axl or anyone else in the band other than slash brought to the table and was rejected.

It sounds like Slash brought an album of material to the table to work on, it was rejected, but nobody else had jack to talk about.

no izzy

no songwriting

• Like 1

These guys haven't spoken in 18 years. Aside from fans and media hounding them, I doubt Slash or Axl really spends any time thinking about the other guy. They werent married FFS, get a grip. It happened two decades ago and neither is concerned about the other guy until $$$ is involved. Think about a friend in high school you havent spoken to in 10-20 years. Yeah, thats probably how they view each other at this point.

These guys haven't spoken in 18 years. Aside from fans and media hounding them, I doubt Slash or Axl really spends any time thinking about the other guy. They werent married FFS, get a grip. It happened two decades ago and neither is concerned about the other guy until $$$ is involved. Think about a friend in high school you havent spoken to in 10-20 years. Yeah, thats probably how they view each other at this point.

doubt it in fact guarantee it still being an issue with axl

i know guys that have been around him - he can't avoid talking shit about axl all the TIME!

he thinks about it everyday i bet in a sulky boiling over type matter

i bet he was crippled when VR came out

scandalous

he has nothing to feel shitty about other than himself fucking it up

still time to regain international respect mr.rose

doesn't make sense

no izzy

no songwriting

Izzy was out

But he still hoped to have Slash and Duff in the band? Slash wanted to do the Snakepit material under the new partnership, that was kind of rejected then Axl brought in Tobias and Slash couldn't do it anymore. Either way Slash quit and Axl didn't want that. Axl seemed a bit paranoid but at the same time Slash did seem a bit uncompromising. I guess if they felt Axl pulled a fast one...but Axl claims nobody talked about the name as an issue. Only later after Slash went solo did he realise that Axl was going to continue on did they get pissed. I see their side but also Axl who worked to get to that point. I think the way Slash left just pissed Axl off and that never seems to work out well.

So that would explain why Slash felt like Axl was a dictator, because legally it was his band and he wasn't just letting Slash do what he wanted. Axl still had an idea of what a GNR record should be.

But when Slash took Snakepit on the road he thought he'd be able to come back to GNR.

So as much as the legal wranglings are interesting and suggest some possible Axl motives it seems like more their personal relationship not functioning. Maybe Axl is just too hard to reason with.

I think the softball point was that Axl did try with Slash but he just wanted to do his thing. So why Slash would now want to go back to that situation I don't know?

Edited by wasted

But he still hoped to have Slash and Duff in the band? Slash wanted to do the Snakepit material under the new partnership, that was kind of rejected then Axl brought in Tobias and Slash couldn't do it anymore. Either way Slash quit and Axl didn't want that. Axl seemed a bit paranoid but at the same time Slash did seem a bit uncompromising. I guess if they felt Axl pulled a fast one...but Axl claims nobody talked about the name as an issue. Only later after Slash went solo did he realise that Axl was going to continue on did they get pissed. I see their side but also Axl who worked to get to that point. I think the way Slash left just pissed Axl off and that never seems to work out well.

So that would explain why Slash felt like Axl was a dictator, because legally it was his band and he wasn't just letting Slash do what he wanted. Axl still had an idea of what a GNR record should be.

But when Slash took Snakepit on the road he thought he'd be able to come back to GNR.

So as much as the legal wranglings are interesting and suggest some possible Axl motives it seems like more their personal relationship not functioning. Maybe Axl is just too hard to reason with.

I think the softball point was that Axl did try with Slash but he just wanted to do his thing. So why Slash would now want to go back to that situation I don't know?

I think Slash brought the Snakepit material before Axl quit the band...

I don't know exactly

So Slash quit before Axl made a move to continue on with the name? It seemed to be only after they quit they really realised he was going to carry on? Slash said it was seeing the VMAs that made him realise it was really happening.

Anyway I think the point is that Slash kind of presented like the Snakepit was the GNR record and Axl rejected. But Axl was really open to working on it or doing a GNR record with Slash. The idea wasn't to have Slash run away. Then Slash starts saying how Axl wanted to do PJ crap or whatever. Which wasn't really true.

These are just my perceptions or how I experienced it. Not saying what happened like I'd know. It's just a way I see Axl being pissed with Slash. It's these subtle spins on what happened. That's just a guess.

Edited by wasted