If Axl publicly expressed interest in a reunion and Slash refused, how would you feel?

ShadowOfTheWave

Let's say Axl did a 180 and in the next interview he gives he says he would like to give the original band another shot, even if just for a few shows. Let's then say Slash comes out and says something like "All things considered, it's in the past and I've moved on".

There are lots of forum fans who seem to think Slash should turn down a reunion if the opportunity came up, and there are those want a reunion and hate on Axl for not giving in. How would you personally feel if Axl changed his mind and Slash wouldn't go back?

I understand that this is a merely "what if" scenario but this is very hard to imagine. Axl would never do that, even if his life depended on it. Slash would only refuse if Axl wants him to work for him instead of working together.

I don't know why every time Axl's band is on hiatus, the reunion talk is stronger than ever. It's been very clear to me since Day 1 that I will never get to see Axl and Slash playing together again.

• Like 1

I understand that this is a merely "what if" scenario but this is very hard to imagine. Axl would never do that, even if his life depended on it. Slash would only refuse if Axl wants him to work for him instead of working together.

I don't know why every time Axl's band is on hiatus, the reunion talk is stronger than ever. It's been very clear to me since Day 1 that I will never get to see Axl and Slash playing together again.

It's clear to me as well, I'm just curious as to how people would feel if Slash didn't want a reunion, since the consensus seems to be he does.

It's clear to me as well, I'm just curious as to how people would feel if Slash didn't want a reunion, since the consensus seems to be he does.

Oh, I wasn't adressing you specifically, but just considering all the reunion talk these last days.

I don't think Slash wants to reunite. I just think Slash, under the right conditions, would not turn it down.

• Like 1

I think he'd think, as he should, "Oh, so Axl's running the show once again and has decided on his clock that after 20 years he's ready? How nice of him to let us know in the press. Very typical of him."

Just given the situation you presented. Obviously he would and should ask the former members in private, either after the interview or before it. Either he contacts Slash or Slash contacts him and they talk about it, with no press and no intermediates. Gauge how they all feel. As has been mentioned, if this happened tomorrow, I don't think Slash would shut him down, but I think he'd say "thats all fine and good, but its not even something I can entertain until I finish my own world tour for my new record which is mapped out already." And I would completely agree with him in that regard. Everyone can't and shouldn't just drop all their plans because Axl is ready. At least not at this point where Axl has spent years being the main one delaying it.

I wouldn't blame Slash at all if he initially refused. If Axl kept saying it for years and Slash still wouldn't do it, say after 2 or 3 years of pestering after all Slash's stuff was done, then yes I would be annoyed with him and be on Axl's side.

People, people..... the deal here is that Axl and Slash have to fix their personal shit FIRST...!!!!!!

The feud is personal, the hate is personal, it is not about the music or the reunion or whatever. Those two guys ended in bad terms personally....

Axl forgiving Slash would be the first step of anything you dream of, but without that, forget it.

I don't know what it takes for Axl to finally heal this wound. He seems like someone who cant let bygones be bygone. He holds grudges forever. And that is HIGHLY TOXIC.

The day he can heal his heart and soul, forget and forgive everyone, then his life will change in most senses.

Usually that happens when you go through something really moving like a terrible disease or the death of someone you love..... I really hope for his own good that he doesn't wait until Slash or himself die to take that step... But apparently, he's waiting for that, so..... :shrugs:

I'd be happy for Slash.

If Slash refused would he return his yearly royalty check?

Why should he? Axl's been living off his shit for the last 20 years. Axl should be sucking his dick for the money slash has enabled him to make.

I don't know. If Axl hadn't wrote Sweet Child O' Mine i don't think Slash would be so highly thought off. I bet SCOM has earned Axl some $$$ royalties through that song for the songwriting.

Edited by wkuk04

I'd be happy for Slash.

If Slash refused would he return his yearly royalty check?

Why should he? Axl's been living off his shit for the last 20 years. Axl should be sucking his dick for the money slash has enabled him to make.

I don't know. If Axl hadn't wrote Sweet Child O' Mine i don't think Slash would be so highly thought off. I bet SCOM has earned Axl some $$$ royalties through that song for the songwriting.

Don't kid yourself, Axl put lyrics to it; but slash wrote it.