If Axl publicly expressed interest in a reunion and Slash refused, how would you feel?

ShadowOfTheWave

It wouldn't surprise me because of all the things Axl has said about Slash. Unless the two make up professionally and agree to let the past go, a reunion is never going to happen.

Axl things he's right, sometimes Slash says he doesn't know why Axl is pissed, so since these two don't agree on what started the hatred, how they can agree to a reunion?

I don't know. If Axl hadn't wrote Sweet Child O' Mine i don't think Slash would be so highly thought off. I bet SCOM has earned Axl some $$$ royalties through that song for the songwriting.

And if Slash hadn't written the guitar riff and solos to Sweet Child O' Mine it would not be so hightly thought of

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

If Slash said no I would be disappointed that he wouldn't wanna do it for the fans but at the same time I wouldn't blame him for saying no. Axl can go fuck himself at this point. Look what he's done for the last 20 years. It's a fucking joke. Slash actually went out and had a career and is as popular now as he's ever been. Aside from money I can't fathom why Slash would even want to considering reuniting with Axl at this stage of bathe game. Axl is just way too big of a waste of time at this point and he can't sing worth shit anymore so.....

I'd be happy for Slash.

If Slash refused would he return his yearly royalty check?

Why should he? Axl's been living off his shit for the last 20 years. Axl should be sucking his dick for the money slash has enabled him to make.

I don't know. If Axl hadn't wrote Sweet Child O' Mine i don't think Slash would be so highly thought off. I bet SCOM has earned Axl some $$$ royalties through that song for the songwriting.
Axl wrote the music for SCOM? That killer guitar solo was Axl's doing? Wow that's pretty badass. Slash really is lucky Axl wrote that song.

If Slash said no I would be disappointed that he wouldn't wanna do it for the fans but at the same time I wouldn't blame him for saying no. Axl can go fuck himself at this point. Look what he's done for the last 20 years. It's a fucking joke. Slash actually went out and had a career and is as popular now as he's ever been. Aside from money I can't fathom why Slash would even want to considering reuniting with Axl at this stage of bathe game. Axl is just way too big of a waste of time at this point and he can't sing worth shit anymore so.....

He can still sing. When the tour starts, it's shit, but after a few legs of the tour it sounds good. Not 2010 good, but pretty good.

Slash already turned down doing 3 or 4 songs on CD and coming back. I think it's more that Slash quit and never came back even though Axl tried for 3 years. If he wanted a reunion he wouldn't have quit.

Slash didn't quit. He just refused to join GnR in the reconstituted version of the band.

Slash already turned down doing 3 or 4 songs on CD and coming back. I think it's more that Slash quit and never came back even though Axl tried for 3 years. If he wanted a reunion he wouldn't have quit.

Slash didn't quit. He just refused to join GnR in the reconstituted version of the band.
Same difference, not even sure that is true he was there long enough to try and get them to do Snakepit as GNR, when Axl n Duff didn't go for it and then Axl brought in Tobias, then he quit. So not really. He had 3 years to reconsider and was offered to play on CD. So it was down to him. So if Axl wanted Slash is kind of moot.

If Slash did the reunion how many shows before Axl was late?

Same difference, not even sure that is true he was there long enough to try and get them to do Snakepit as GNR, when Axl n Duff didn't go for it and then Axl brought in Tobias, then he quit. So not really. He had 3 years to reconsider and was offered to play on CD. So it was down to him. So if Axl wanted Slash is kind of moot.

In 1995 Axl sent Slash & Duff letters saying he was quitting Guns and taking the name with him, and they were welcome to join him. So it's Axl that quit.

In 1995 Axl sent Slash & Duff letters saying he was quitting Guns and taking the name with him, and they were welcome to join him. So it's Axl that quit.

They had to quit to give him sole control? I always understood that they had to quit before Axl could start a new band under with the name. I mean the name thing was included when they renego their contract?

They had to quit to give him sole control? I always understood that they had to quit before Axl could start a new band under with the name. I mean the name thing was included when they renego their contract?

I don't think so. I think their contract expired at the end of 95, at least that's what I remember reading.

Let's say Axl did a 180 and in the next interview he gives he says he would like to give the original band another shot, even if just for a few shows. Let's then say Slash comes out and says something like "All things considered, it's in the past and I've moved on".

There are lots of forum fans who seem to think Slash should turn down a reunion if the opportunity came up, and there are those want a reunion and hate on Axl for not giving in. How would you personally feel if Axl changed his mind and Slash wouldn't go back?

Did not read a single post outside of the ops.... My reaction? "Meh.... at this point we're probably better off"

If Slash said no I would be disappointed that he wouldn't wanna do it for the fans but at the same time I wouldn't blame him for saying no. Axl can go fuck himself at this point. Look what he's done for the last 20 years. It's a fucking joke. Slash actually went out and had a career and is as popular now as he's ever been.

Aside from money I can't fathom why Slash would even want to considering reuniting with Axl at this stage of bathe game. Axl is just way too big of a waste of time at this point and he can't sing worth shit anymore so.....

Agreed. Axl has lost his voice, plus can't even perform as he did few years ago. His whole 'performance' on stage is lackluster, cringeworthy and sometimes... even pathetic.

Can't really think of any "legendary" frontman who has embarrassed himself more times in a row than Axl. Axl promised his deluded fans a trilogy of albums, but all they got instead was a trilogy of disasters. :lol:

If Slash said no I would be disappointed that he wouldn't wanna do it for the fans but at the same time I wouldn't blame him for saying no. Axl can go fuck himself at this point. Look what he's done for the last 20 years. It's a fucking joke. Slash actually went out and had a career and is as popular now as he's ever been.

Aside from money I can't fathom why Slash would even want to considering reuniting with Axl at this stage of bathe game. Axl is just way too big of a waste of time at this point and he can't sing worth shit anymore so.....

Agreed. Axl has lost his voice, plus can't even perform as he did few years ago. His whole 'performance' on stage is lackluster, cringeworthy and sometimes... even pathetic.

Can't really think of any "legendary" frontman who has embarrassed himself more times in a row than Axl. Axl promised his deluded fans a trilogy of albums, but all they got instead was a trilogy of disasters. :lol:

He's so bad that he has multiple shows where he completely fucks up the lyrics to multiple songs and we don't consider it a disaster. Hell, we won't even mention it much. We're at the point where he does a nice job singing one new song in the setlist and we (me included) freak the fuck out. It's pathetic how little we've come to expect from him.

He's so bad that he has multiple shows where he completely fucks up the lyrics to multiple songs and we don't consider it a disaster. Hell, we won't even mention it much. We're at the point where he does a nice job singing one new song in the setlist and we (me included) freak the fuck out. It's pathetic how little we've come to expect from him.

He's like that retarded kid that get praises cause it's the right thing to do. But sometimes it's actually the right thing to do. He'll sneak up on you with good perormances that not as good but pretty good once in a while and you'll cum a little in your pants. Yestradays was interesting.

Let's say Axl did a 180 and in the next interview he gives he says he would like to give the original band another shot, even if just for a few shows. Let's then say Slash comes out and says something like "All things considered, it's

in the past and I've moved on".

There are lots of forum fans who seem to think Slash should turn down a reunion if the opportunity came up, and there are those want a reunion and hate on Axl for not giving in. How would you personally feel if Axl changed his mind and Slash wouldn't go back?

Probably the hardcore Slash fans defend his statement to death

Axl fans probably tear him apart (as always)

The majority of hardcore GNR fans will punch something nearby them...

But i think this scenario is even more unlikely than an actual reunion....

As a side note if Slash wanted to carry on with his solo career i would respect his decision

You have only ONE interview to prove this point so i call bullshit on this one. Slash never mentioned it, Axl mentioned it only ONCE and not this straightforward way, only like a thought (even not a serious thought or idea)

So your whole argument here is bullshit

Its not bullshit if its true. There arent multiple sources for anything really. Its just something you dont want to be true because it doesnt support the black and white anti Axl campaign that gives everyone security that they know everything. shed a little doubt and...I don't think Axl would really broadcast this. Not that it's really confirmed I agree. I find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together. Axl has said he tried to get Slash back, it wasn't a split second decision. He just couldn't take Axls shit anymore, ballads, Tobias whatever but it was ultimately his decision as it was the end of GNR. He must know the significance and probably didn't expect Axl to carry on. I mean they said they only believed Axl was serious on the VMAs. That's when they realised better do something like VR.

Its not bullshit if its true. There arent multiple sources for anything really. Its just something you dont want to be true because it doesnt support the black and white anti Axl campaign that gives everyone security that they know everything. shed a little doubt and...I don't think Axl would really broadcast this. Not that it's really confirmed I agree. I find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together. Axl has said he tried to get Slash back, it wasn't a split second decision. He just couldn't take Axls shit anymore, ballads, Tobias whatever but it was ultimately his decision as it was the end of GNR. He must know the significance and probably didn't expect Axl to carry on. I mean they said they only believed Axl was serious on the VMAs. That's when they realised better do something like VR.

your writing is all over the place

can you please get to the point

You're wrong.

ok everything that everybody is talking about will only create circles and circles of complete axl vs slash bull shit

THE BOTTOM line is that without Izzy this band is VOID - VOID in writing and VOID in spirit - axl and just slash are too polar to get along properly as a team

The NEED and perfect Inclusion of Izzy with the rest of the guys solidifies the group as long as Axl doesn't get all egotistical as he tended to do over the years

Izzy is the only one that everyone respects and that can bring everyone together

You're wrong.

ok fine but wtf does this mean?

find it hard to believe but it's seems that this apology/3 song thing is possible. Amongst a lot of other things like reunion Van Halen tour Azzof tried to put together.