American Horror Story: Freakshow [Spoilers]

sweetchild88

So I watched the first season of AHS and really liked the show until the final episode, which has turned me off from ever watching this series again. But I have heard good things about this season and the freak element has me intrigued (that Twisty guy I see all over the net looks crazy). Plus it looks like it's got a hell of a cast.

My question is, do I need to have seen the previous seasons to know what's going on with this season or is each season its own self-contained story?

every season is a self contained story so you can skip a season and get a whole new story.

as for this season i dont like it at all.

So I watched the first season of AHS and really liked the show until the final episode, which has turned me off from ever watching this series again. But I have heard good things about this season and the freak element has me intrigued (that Twisty guy I see all over the net looks crazy). Plus it looks like it's got a hell of a cast.

My question is, do I need to have seen the previous seasons to know what's going on with this season or is each season its own self-contained story?

every season is a self contained story so you can skip a season and get a whole new story.

Cool, thanks. Not sure if I'll bother, but figured I'd ask.

I noticed two scenes last night taken right out of John Carpenter's Halloween!

Love the Wes Bentley character. Loved how Jessica Lang sang that song last night. She is amazing.

Still can't stand the two headed complainer. I wish they would separate their heads! lol

I wonder who will be the one the ghost kills?

also now that someone has seen the clown kidnap someone, will the police get involved or keep bothering the "freak show"?

So far this season of AHS is just so good. I think the writers finally got a good storyline that they are sinking their teeth into.

Edited by Val22

FWIW, season 2 is extraordinary.

• Like 2

As of last week's episode, I'm still firmly on the fence about the season. The singing isn't bothering me near as much as others, but I don't particularly care for it either. I like the episodes overall so far, but I'm not particularly invensted in the characters. If they opened the next episode by killing every character then replaced them with other freaks, I wouldn't care.

Like I said before, I'm just hoping that they're slow playing this season and planning on ramping things up soon.

I like Wes Bentley's character. He's creepy yet I felt sorry for him too.

Can't wait until tomorrow to see who will be chosen and I really want that horrible rich kid to annoy the clown enough for him to be killed! The clown doesn't really look all that happy when he shows up at his bus.

I'm not going to read this thread because spoilers, but the Mrs. and I started watching this show (season 1 anyway) yesterday. We sat through 6 eps straight and absolutely loved it! We'll probably watch the rest of season 1 tonight and then hope the other seasons are as fun as this one.

FWIW, season 2 is extraordinary.

It is the best. Lily Rabe made it for me.

This doesn't even feel like American Horror Story to me any more tbh, i'm not interested in this any more.

Yeah, I heard that story about how all the seasons are connected.

I will not dwell on this as I have no clue how they are all connected since they were all different storylines.

I mean we do have most of the same actors, but how are they connected?

If someone figures it out, please post it. I don't have the time nor the patience to figure it out. lol

also will it really matter at all?

Edited by Val22

Just finished watching tonight's episode after catching up with the rest earlier. I think this season is "ok"...definitely watchable....although like others have said, the accents are all over the place....one minute they have them, the next minute, they're gone, lol.

Some decent twists to the plot tonight, although a lot of the episode seemed like filler.

This show BLOWS now, can't believe what they've turned it in to. Season 1 and 2 were amazing, 3 was trash and this one is shaping up to be as well.

The killer clown was Dandy's fucking father, calling it now. Too obvious.

They've even killed the title theme with the lame carnival sounds in the background... was one of my favorite parts of the show. Damnit Murphy.

I haven't even bothered to watch the second ep yet, now I apparently have too because the radiant (and presumably pre-posession?) SISTER MARY EUNICE is making an appearance. Shit.

It's the only reason I keep watching, gotta see Lily Rabe back on here. There's still some hope left.

• Like 1

I haven't even bothered to watch the second ep yet, now I apparently have too because the radiant (and presumably pre-posession?) SISTER MARY EUNICE is making an appearance. Shit.

It's the only reason I keep watching, gotta see Lily Rabe back on here. There's still some hope left.

Aside from Lange, she was all that made last season tolerable. And the concept of a Stevie Nicks fangirl witch was sort of perfection.

• Like 3

I thought many of the 'freaks' were truly in 'make-up' and were 'acting'...turns out, not so. Watch these video's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_IsA8NC8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DObsODg8y2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018xCaDLnIY

Thought she was a woman. Nothing wrong with not being one. But she did have me fooled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJO4Hz_1wkY