All The Young Dudes -> The Catcher In The Rye

I hear Hey Jude but Dudes is similar kind of thing with soaring feel. Both are jukebox classics.

The Na Na Na part is very Hey Jude. But the song seems more like White album or Exile style. It's like OIAM meets Hey Jude.

Catcher is a strange song, on the surface it's pretty nice but if you think about it it's pretty messed up.

I hear Hey Jude but Dudes is similar kind of thing with soaring feel. Both are jukebox classics.

The Na Na Na part is very Hey Jude. But the song seems more like White album or Exile style. It's like OIAM meets Hey Jude.

Catcher is a strange song, on the surface it's pretty nice but if you think about it it's pretty messed up.

Indeed

People like to shit on it because it's NuGnR, but in my opinion it's one of the very best out of ChiDem.

It could have been a classic if NuGnR were a real band that releases music on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Indeed

People like to shit on it because it's NuGnR, but in my opinion it's one of the very best out of ChiDem.

It could have been a classic if NuGnR were a real band that releases music on a regular basis.

The stigma that surrounds CD doesn't help.

It's a great latter day GNR song.

Still pissed they ditched Brian May on the released version.

But actually May didn't like the solo they patched together from the 3 solos he did?

So it's a shame they didn't get a full solo from him but it just didn't work out.

May's solo is beautiful. The lead guitar part in the end of the outro as well. His work on the demo is great. Axl and his engineer dude (caram?) have done a good job putting it together but hey...you know what? he's completely nuts so we no use it cause big bad brian was mean. No, no... we no use it now.

Catcher's very catchy, and the outro solo is one of the best on the album. Only gripe is the wall of guitars tone doesn't work well with the song.

I can see the comparison though, it's a very 70's-style rocker.

May's solo is beautiful. The lead guitar part in the end of the outro as well. His work on the demo is great. Axl and his engineer dude (caram?) have done a good job putting it together but hey...you know what? he's completely nuts so we no use it cause big bad brian was mean. No, no... we no use it now.

Brian didn't like his solo according to Axl?

I'm not sure Axl's bit about made sense but I think that's what he was saying. So it's not like they ripped out May's solo that he loved, he had should some bad feeling towards it and what he actually played as a separate solo(s) didn't work. So I guess if May wanted it he could have said it's great, then they would have used it?

I wonder Catcher was one of the songs offered to Slash as part of that deal? I would guess The Blues, TWAT, Catcher would work great with Slash.