The First Annual MyGNR "Movie of the Year" Awards - Nomination

Dr. Who

Here in this thread, we will nominate what you guys here at MyGNR feel were the best films of the year in every genre, we will get from MyGNR your feelings o the best:

Action

Adventure

Comedy

Drama

Fantasy

Independent

Educational

Non-Fiction

Sci-Fi

films of the year,

as well as,

Best Actor/Actress

Best Supporting Actor/Actress

Best Script

Best Score

Best Director

All your picks will be tabulated here--for example, if ten people say "Intersteller" was the best film of the year, and five say "Guardians of the Galaxy" was, and so on--The picks with the majority of nods by you here will be nominated; They will also be added via vote by poll. Nomination will close on December 31st, 2014, and voting on the best film of the year will be opened up with a thread with the actual awards, and then discussion of the winners and why they either did or didn't deserve to win, on January 15th.

I saw Godzilla, Ninja Turtles, Dallas Buyers Club, Lego Movie.

i wish i hadn't, i also saw most of the robocop disaster, i left with about 25 minutes to go. i never been so pissed while watching movies as watching these 2 abortions.

I saw Godzilla, Ninja Turtles, Dallas Buyers Club, Lego Movie.

i wish i hadn't, i also saw most of the robocop disaster, i left with about 25 minutes to go. i never been so pissed while watching movies as watching these 2 abortions.

Did you ask for your money back?

no i just left, i probably should have :lol:

This was truly a shitty year for movies. And Dallas Buyers came out last year I think.

yeah it was, i liked 22 jump street and that new movie fury was good as well. im just sick of reboots and remakes, i swear if the new mad max movie sucks i will flip the fuck out in the theater and probably end up getting arrested :P

(I am going to edit this 50 times though, since I haven't seen Birdman, Inherent Vice etc yet)

Action: Snowpiercer, Lucy
Adventure: Guardians of the Galaxy
Comedy: Inherent Vice, What We Do in the Shadows, Top Five, Dear White People, Skeleton Twins
Unintentional Comedy: Grace of Monaco, Repentance
Drama: Birdman, Whiplash
Independent: Under the Skin, Whiplash, Coherence
Thriller: Gone Girl
Horror: Stage Fright
Foreign Language: Ida, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Non-Fiction: Life Itself, Jodorowsky's Dune, Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, Finding Vivian Maier
Sci-Fi: Under the Skin, Edge of Tomorrow, Snowpiercer
Best Actor/Actress: Rosamund Pike(Gone Girl) JK Simmons & Miles Teller (Whiplash), Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler), Michael Keaton (Birdman), Bill Hader (Skeleton Twins), Marion Cotillard (The Immigrant)
Best Supporting Actor/Actress: Ed Norton/Emma Stone (Birdman)
Best Script: Whiplash
Best Score: Under the Skin
Best Director: Jonathan Glazer (Under the Skin), Damien Chazelle (Whiplash), PTA (Inherent Vice)
Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

I haven't seen a lot of movies that came out this year, but Edge of Tomorrow gets my vote for best Scifi film.

Edge Of Tomorrow was surprisingly good but Under The Skin is easily the best sci-fi movie of the year

I've heard good things, but I haven't got to see it yet unfortunately. I think it's on Amazon Prime though, so I might check it out pretty soon.

I haven't seen a lot of movies that came out this year, but Edge of Tomorrow gets my vote for best Scifi film.

Edge Of Tomorrow was surprisingly good but Under The Skin is easily the best sci-fi movie of the year

I've heard good things, but I haven't got to see it yet unfortunately. I think it's on Amazon Prime though, so I might check it out pretty soon.

if nothing else, you get to see scarlett johannsen's t&a multiple times

that alone gives a movie extra stars and more than a few thumbs up, among other things

• Like 1

if nothing else, you get to see scarlett johannsen's t&a multiple times

that alone gives a movie extra stars and more than a few thumbs up, among other things

Oh yeah, that earns it some kind of "Best Movie of the Year" award for sure, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate Lucy for something, sci fi maybe.

I really liked A Most Wanted Man.

Interstellar was solid.

Gods Pocket I like but most didn't.

I nominate Lucy for something, sci fi maybe.

I really liked A Most Wanted Man.

Interstellar was solid.

Gods Pocket I like but most didn't.