2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Everyone on the Packers (except Linsley) practiced today. Considering JC Tretter has proven to be a great backup, I'm officially optimistic about the rest of the season, providing the injured players can actually start playing.

Letroy Guion after getting almost $200,000 and truck back from the police (from his arrest earlier this year on weed charges): “It kind of rejuvenates me,” Guion said an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday. “It gives me my sense of character back and gives me my juice back. I’m all excited and ready to go. Things are getting back to normal. All the smoke is starting to clear.”

Umm...poor choice of words there, my friend :lol:

Lets hope they can stay on the field as they re all nicked up..

I read that Guion has lost snaps to Pennel who is really coming into his own......

Everyone on the Packers (except Linsley) practiced today. Considering JC Tretter has proven to be a great backup, I'm officially optimistic about the rest of the season, providing the injured players can actually start playing.

Letroy Guion after getting almost $200,000 and truck back from the police (from his arrest earlier this year on weed charges): “It kind of rejuvenates me,” Guion said an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday. “It gives me my sense of character back and gives me my juice back. I’m all excited and ready to go. Things are getting back to normal. All the smoke is starting to clear.”

Umm...poor choice of words there, my friend :lol:

Lets hope they can stay on the field as they re all nicked up..

I read that Guion has lost snaps to Pennel who is really coming into his own......

Montgomery is the person I'm most excited about. He was really starting to come into his own before he got hurt and if McCarthy refuses to use Janis (other than one play a game), the next best thing is to use Montgomery. I really liked the look they used during the Chargers game when they lined up both he and Cobb in the backfield. If the run game struggles again I'd really like them to go back to that...putting a linebacker on either is a huge mismatch.

Quarless coming back should help too, but I'm not expecting too much. Pennel has really played well recently from what I've seen/remembered. Gotta win these next two weeks, maybe take an L at Arizona, then beat Minnesota at home and clinch the division...unless the Vikings implode like we did and we have it wrapped up by then. Staying healthy will be the biggest key to any type of run we go on.

Edit: Just realized the NFC North places the AFC South and NFC East next year :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

Great game last night, can't believe Minnesota blew it like that though. Be aware of your fucking surroundings, Bridgewater.

I was torn watching it, as the Seahawks are in the same division as the Cards, but in the Wild Card slot behind the Vikings. A win Sunday puts the Hawks ahead of the Vikes because of the head to head, but I would have loved to see the Cards lose a few times and potentially give up the division.

I was also torn because the Cards are ahead of us for the #2 seed and obviously the Vikes are behind us (now, but were tied before) in the division. With the Cards winning they'd basically have to lose out to lose the 2 seed and the Packers would have to win out to both win the division and get the 2 seed.

Regardless I was ok with watching the Vikes lose. Didn't think they'd keep it that close, however.

Remember when McCarthy said he wouldn't take back playcalling duties this season?

...He just did. :lol:

About time!

I'm not sure how excited I am by that. Last year he was the goat after getting too conservative in the NFC Championship game, now he's the hero because the guy who replaced him has been terribad.

Still think we should mix and match personnel and use different formations, but I'll be excited to see if this helps.

• Like 1

So far so good with the playcalling, however I still think if the players would've executed better with Clements calls they would be fine.

40 plays, 20 runs and 20 passes. Love seeing that.

Edit: We should have Mac call the plays for the first 3 and a half quarters and then give it to Clements for the last part of the 4th quarter :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

The Cowboys are so one-dimensional...and they just burned us with that one dimension. How the hell do you stuff them (outside of one run) in the first half then come out with that effort in run D?

Edit: Offense has disappeared in the second half. Execution is the problem yet again.

Edited by Crazyman

Seems like Monty was close to returning this week, so hopefully he'll be back next week and can help jump start the offense. Also was happy to see Cobb in the backfield.

Finally we resigned Daniels to a 4 year/$42 million contract, and it's very front-loaded. Very, very happy with that ^_^

No, I think Datone has another year left on his rookie deal. James is the Jones I was talking about :lol:

Hayward is gonna want starter money and with our newly found depth I guarantee we won't pay him it. Neal and Perry are both too disappointing. We'll probably have to draft both inside and outside (again, ugh) linebacker during the draft.

I think we end up resigning Guion just because he's cheaper and younger.

Speaking of the draft I hope we get a Darren Sproles type athletic RB or a big body (but not slow as shit...like DickRod), ball catching (lol) TE, even if both are merely projects. We need some people who can create matchup problems, particularly in case Nelson isn't what he was/gets injured again, Godgers-forbid.

Monty out after another setback in practice. Jesus, just hold him out until the wild card game...

Edit: Ugh, just read that Ted didn't even give Woodson a chance to take a pay cut after 2012. Considering how fucking terrible our safeties were the next season, I'm extremely disappointed.

Edited by Crazyman

Monty out after another setback in practice. Jesus, just hold him out until the wild card game...

Edit: Ugh, just read that Ted didn't even give Woodson a chance to take a pay cut after 2012. Considering how fucking terrible our safeties were the next season, I'm extremely disappointed.

Monty has a high ankle stain which take a loooooong time to heal. It would not surprise me is he is done for the season.....

Woodson started to struggle a little in his last year with the Pack and had nagging injuries so Thompson wanted to go with youth. He has always been one to let a veteran go if he did not feel the value was there so I am not surprised he did not offer him a contract.........

Monty has a high ankle stain which take a loooooong time to heal. It would not surprise me is he is done for the season.....

Woodson started to struggle a little in his last year with the Pack and had nagging injuries so Thompson wanted to go with youth. He has always been one to let a veteran go if he did not feel the value was there so I am not surprised he did not offer him a contract.........

He's re-injured it each times he's tried to practice (first time was a month after, then this time being a month after that). IR is probably his best option.

I remember Woodson slowing down but the safety depth was worse than awful outside of Burnett. I always figured Teddy at least tried to get him to take a paycut but he refused, I never knew he purposely wanted to put Doctor Jennings and McMillian (who got cut that season and was clearly not even close to being ready to play).

He's re-injured it each times he's tried to practice (first time was a month after, then this time being a month after that). IR is probably his best option.

I remember Woodson slowing down but the safety depth was worse than awful outside of Burnett. I always figured Teddy at least tried to get him to take a paycut but he refused, I never knew he purposely wanted to put Doctor Jennings and McMillian (who got cut that season and was clearly not even close to being ready to play).

You know Ted, he would rather go with a young guy then spend money on a veteran he feels is fading.....look at what he did letting House and Williams go and then drafting two CB's the first two rounds.........Lucky for the team it worked out as both rookie CB's look like keepers but it could have been a disaster.......

• Like 1

The Steelers have always been my "second" team (which caught me a bunch of shit during SB45 when my loyalties were questioned :lol: ), and I think going forward their offense is gonna be unstoppable, especially when everyone is healthy.

The question, however, is the defense. And keeping a healthy kicker :lol:

The Steelers have always been my "second" team (which caught me a bunch of shit during SB45 when my loyalties were questioned :lol: ), and I think going forward their offense is gonna be unstoppable, especially when everyone is healthy.

The question, however, is the defense. And keeping a healthy kicker :lol:

I think you're being a tad hard on the defense. While their DBs still need some work, I think the LB corps have stepped up nicely this season. The Steelers are also 5th in the league with 38 sacks.