2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Now Calvin Johnson re-injured his (already bum) ankle...while the Lions were down like 38-10 with a few minutes in the 4th. With so many injuries in the league I don't understand why teams continue to play their players when the game is out of reach...

That being said, GO PACK GO!

JMO but the NFL needs to have a DL system like MLB where you can put a player on the DL to free up a roster spot and allow them to bring up a player from the practice squad until the injured player gets better. The you can put the other layer back on the practice squad. Also think they need to expand the game day rosters to 50+ players. Teams might be more likely to take players out of the game earlier or at least let them heal longer when injured if they had access to more players.

Now Calvin Johnson re-injured his (already bum) ankle...while the Lions were down like 38-10 with a few minutes in the 4th. With so many injuries in the league I don't understand why teams continue to play their players when the game is out of reach...

That being said, GO PACK GO!

JMO but the NFL needs to have a DL system like MLB where you can put a player on the DL to free up a roster spot and allow them to bring up a player from the practice squad until the injured player gets better. The you can put the other layer back on the practice squad. Also think they need to expand the game day rosters to 50+ players. Teams might be more likely to take players out of the game earlier or at least let them heal longer when injured if they had access to more players.

I think they're going to be looking into that either this offseason or whenever the CBA is up.

Edit: FIRST FOSTER, NOW BELL?! FUCK YOU FANTASY FOOTBALL GODS

Edited by Crazyman

NO vs the Giants 13 TD's through he air. NO had over 600 yards total offense. Must have been fun to watch.......

Man, Cassells had less than 100 yards passing. When is ROmo due back as the Boys season is slipping away...I need Romo back for my fantasy team to at least break even money wise.........

Edited by classicrawker

The Packers are playing about as bad as I've ever seen them...all facets of this game have been terrible. The refs have literally kept us in it so far.

We always seem to take at least one dump a year on national television. I hope this is it for this year :lol:

As I say that Ware gets unblocked and they get a safety

For the people bitching about Matt Cassel throwing for under 100 yards - A-A-Ron Rodgers just threw 22 times...for 76 yards.

Not exactly comparing apples to apples here are you? Cassel's compared to Rodger's?...you almost expect Cassel's to struggle while Rodger's throwing for less than 100yrds is unheard of.

Hard to get too upset as Denver is has the best D in the league but I am more concerned about our Defense as that is 2 consecutive games we got torched. Early in the season our pass rush masked what now seems to be a mediocre defensive backfield. The Offense does not seem to be able to carry the D this year so we better make some adjustments fast or it will be an early exit from the payoffs this years.

Just some observations while watching the game last night.

- Rodger's holding the ball really makes the O Line look bad at times.

- I find it curious the Brady and the Pats have been able to thrive with mediocre WR's and RB's all these years yet we lose Nelson and our WR's look like a bunch of waiver wire pickup's who can't seem to get open. Maybe a combo of bad play calling and Rodger's not willing to take gambles for fear of throwing an INT.?

Next weeks Panther's game will tell us a lot abut how good this team really is................ short week against another undefeated team on the road.

For the people bitching about Matt Cassel throwing for under 100 yards - A-A-Ron Rodgers just threw 22 times...for 76 yards.

Not exactly comparing apples to apples here are you? Cassel's compared to Rodger's?...you almost expect Cassel's to struggle while Rodger's throwing for less than 100yrds is unheard of.

Hard to get too upset as Denver is has the best D in the league but I am more concerned about our Defense as that is 2 consecutive games we got torched. Early in the season our pass rush masked what now seems to be a mediocre defensive backfield. The Offense does not seem to be able to carry the D this year so we better make some adjustments fast or it will be an early exit from the payoffs this years.

- I find it curious the Brady and the Pats have been able to thrive with mediocre WR's and RB's all these years yet we lose Nelson and our WR's look like a bunch of waiver wire pickup's who can't seem to get open. Maybe a combo of bad play calling and Rodger's not willing to take gambles for fear of throwing an INT.?

Next weeks Panther's game will tell us a lot abut how good this team really is................ short week against another undefeated team on the road.

That's the point, I'm saying it could happen to anyone - even future hall of famers.

I can't believe I'm saying this but MM needs to take a page out of BB's playbook. He knows when his offensive line is overmatched, or his receivers are going to have a problem getting open. Therefore he adjusts their routes to get the ball out more quickly. Their receivers are able to get open more quickly (it helps having Gronk) and Brady nearly never risks a sack or pick.

Also just wanted to note that it seems like our receivers were running at like 50% out there other than Cobb.

I'm not actually mad that we lost as it's a tough AFC team on the road - I just wish we didn't embarrass ourselves on national TV again (2014 opener, which this game felt like a carbon copy of, Saints game last year and the Championship game last year). Panthers are going to be a tough team and is definitely the bigger game, but I think we'll come out a lot better than we did last night.

PS - I'm on the fire Capers bandwagon officially. I know people will yell and say we just had the lowest scoring defense, but most of our games were at home or versus terrible teams (or both). Our record against the smarter QB's in the league is downright awful - they're able to pick us apart (mainly down the middle), despite the fact that we've mainly drafted defense since the Super Bowl. Part of that is on TT, but Capers' defense routinely gets destroyed by smart QB's.

That's the point, I'm saying it could happen to anyone - even future hall of famers.

I can't believe I'm saying this but MM needs to take a page out of BB's playbook. He knows when his offensive line is overmatched, or his receivers are going to have a problem getting open. Therefore he adjusts their routes to get the ball out more quickly. Their receivers are able to get open more quickly (it helps having Gronk) and Brady nearly never risks a sack or pick.

Also just wanted to note that it seems like our receivers were running at like 50% out there other than Cobb.

I'm not actually mad that we lost as it's a tough AFC team on the road - I just wish we didn't embarrass ourselves on national TV again (2014 opener, which this game felt like a carbon copy of, Saints game last year and the Championship game last year). Panthers are going to be a tough team and is definitely the bigger game, but I think we'll come out a lot better than we did last night.

PS - I'm on the fire Capers bandwagon officially. I know people will yell and say we just had the lowest scoring defense, but most of our games were at home or versus terrible teams (or both). Our record against the smarter QB's in the league is downright awful - they're able to pick us apart (mainly down the middle), despite the fact that we've mainly drafted defense since the Super Bowl. Part of that is on TT, but Capers' defense routinely gets destroyed by smart QB's.

I hear what you are saying but nobody is surprised when Cassel's sucks and expects him to lift the Boys offense but it is a shock when Arod has a bad game like last night.

Not sure what the issue is with the offense but I suspect it is a combo of play calling and Arods aversion to interceptions. We might not have the best OL in the league but they do a decent job protecting him but he holds the ball forever. Hard to believe our WR's are not skilled enough to get open. How the hell have the Pats thrived all these years with mediocre WR's and we can't seem to be able to adjust when we lose Nelson and the opposing D takes away part of our game? I don't get to see every Packer game but something is missing here for me.

Yeah I hear you about our defense. I have always supported Capers but it may be time for fresh blood as they do have some talent on that side of the ball. If we do not get any pressure our secondary gets toasted.

I hear what you are saying but nobody is surprised when Cassel's sucks and expects him to lift the Boys offense but it is a shock when Arod has a bad game like last night.

Not sure what the issue is with the offense but I suspect it is a combo of play calling and Arods aversion to interceptions. We might not have the best OL in the league but they do a decent job protecting him but he holds the ball forever. Hard to believe our WR's are not skilled enough to get open. How the hell have the Pats thrived all these years with mediocre WR's and we can't seem to be able to adjust when we lose Nelson and the opposing D takes away part of our game? I don't get to see every Packer game but something is missing here for me.

Yeah I hear you about our defense. I have always supported Capers but it may be time for fresh blood as they do have some talent on that side of the ball. If we do not get any pressure our secondary gets toasted.

The problem with the offense is that Mac has gotten lazy with the concepts. We run an 11 formation (1 TE, 1 HB and 3 WR's) on literally almost every single play. He used to call a lot of diverse playsets but for whatever reason sticks to that one almost exclusively now. The only time he changed it was to put Cobb in the backfield - he literally didn't even adjust his formations even after we were getting nowhere on offense. That puts Clements playcalling at a disadvantage and Rodgers himself at one as well.

For as much of a shady person BB is, he's definitely a genius at adjusting his schemes during the game. For whatever reason Mac seems to think we can play almost exactly the same without Jordy, when clearly we can't.

The entire team looked flat and played awful, but this one is squarely on McCarthy. The sad thing is that it's an easy fix - just use more diverse formations and get the ball out quickly, but he's always been way too stubborn, going back for years now.

Edit: Some of the blame obviously goes to Rodgers as well. He looks for the big play too often and still occasionally holds the ball too long. That's always been his "weakness", but he's actually gotten better at it in the past few years. Yesterday was a terrible performance though, obviously.

Edit 2: This article explains it all very well.

Edit 3 (Don't be surprised, I'm dominating this thread): ESPN's shitty QBR stat gave Rodgers a higher number than Brady this past week. That's almost as stupid as PFF giving Rodgers a negative grade for throwing for 350ish yards and 5 TD's against the Chiefs :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

Fantasy Question for this upcoming week. Who would you play?

A.Rodgers or E.Manning ?

I am a huge Packer fan and Rodgers could have a big game this week but considering how they have struggled on offense and the fact that the Panthers have a good Defense I would go with Manning as he is hot right now.

Also Carolina is 5th in total pass defense and has allowed only 7 td's through the air while Tampa is 11th and has allowed 17 passing td's

Shit now that I read this I am not getting a good feeling about our game against the Panthers this weekend........ :(

Fantasy Question for this upcoming week. Who would you play?

A.Rodgers or E.Manning ?

It's been since 2008 since Rodgers has had a streak this long of average games. I think you have to start Rodgers not matter what.

Also I lost in fantasy by 1.5 thanks to TY Hilton's shit-bomb last night. Probably deserved it, considering I won by that margin in the first week against the same opponent :lol: Thankfully I have the first waiver claim this week too, I can pick up Williams as a replacement for Bell

Sorry for the double post, but this is what I was trying to get at before about the Packers defensive woes vs the top QB's in the league. Outside of 2010 (go figure what happened that year), most top QB's actually exceed their QB ratings by a lot against the Packers. Interesting because QB rating difference is a strong indicator for W/L, especially in a passing driven league.

65wlg0.png

15xk9bo.png

(images courtesy from a Football forum I frequent at)

How the hell did the Packers go from Supoer Bowl favorites to looking like an expansion team in the matter of 3 weeks? I am now officially on the Capers needs to be fired bandwagon as our defense looks clueless but Clements and Bennet are not winning any points with their offense game plans.

And what is going on with Lacy? He looks out of shape and not running with the aggression he did in previous seasons.

Thank god Newton is not the most accurate QB in the league as he missed several wide open recievers this game or it could be 41-7 at half.

I know there is still time to turn things around but this team look lost.

Edit: And just as I hit send Arod hits Cobb for a long TD. Hopefully Caper's made some adjudstments at half to slow down Newton to give us time to come back.

Edit2: another weak drive by the pack but at least the D held thanks to Newton's inaccuracy. Fun fact: GB is 1-17 in games they trail by 20 or more points at any point ing the game in the last 15 seasons

Edited by classicrawker

Well at least they made it interesting...wish Bulaga would've chose that last play not to suck on, forcing Aaron to look away from a wide open Cobb immediatly, but whatever.

That loss is gonna hurt when it comes time for HFA. At least we play Detroit next week to turn things around.

Well the Pack showed life in the 2nd half and had the game in their hands at the end but came up short. Hopefully this got the offense going again as the Defense is missing a lot of starters in the secondary.

I listened to the game on Sirius as it was not on regular TV here but looking at the stats it looks like Ryan had a very good game at inside LB, 6 tackles and 4 assists, in place of Palmer. Was he actually playing well or just getting garbage tackles? Would love to see him provide some pop in the middle of the Defense as Palmer has stunk lately.

Edited by classicrawker

Just gonna repeat that Capers needs to be fired after this season. We're lucky Cam was missing some VERY open throws down the field, otherwise that game wouldn't even be that close. Giving up a 60 yard pass on third and 15 because you rush 3 is inexcusable.

Palmer sucks, Ryan played alright (nothing good or bad that stood out). We NEED to draft an ILB with our first pick next May. We just give up far too much in the middle of the field.

Also notice how we negated a good amount of their pass rush (and started moving the ball consistently!) when we started using screens and quick passes (no slants though, which is still very, very stupid)?! Wish we would just abandon the run game like the Pats do occasionally and throw it just to get into a rhythm, if nothing else.

PS - Gonna repeat it - Capers needs to get fired after this season unless there's a massive turnaround and we win the Super Bowl.

Just gonna repeat that Capers needs to be fired after this season. We're lucky Cam was missing some VERY open throws down the field, otherwise that game wouldn't even be that close. Giving up a 60 yard pass on third and 15 because you rush 3 is inexcusable.

Palmer sucks, Ryan played alright (nothing good or bad that stood out). We NEED to draft an ILB with our first pick next May. We just give up far too much in the middle of the field.

Also notice how we negated a good amount of their pass rush (and started moving the ball consistently!) when we started using screens and quick passes (no slants though, which is still very, very stupid)?! Wish we would just abandon the run game like the Pats do occasionally and throw it just to get into a rhythm, if nothing else.

PS - Gonna repeat it - Capers needs to get fired after this season unless there's a massive turnaround and we win the Super Bowl.

I agree we can use a thumper at ILB but we also need a space eater in the middle of the DL and I am not sure Raji is it. Also based on the games I have been able to watch we get killed on runs to the outside so another OLB who can play the run would be nice.

Or maybe we have some talent but it is just Caper's Defensive game plans are just not very good?.......... :shrugs:

I agree we can use a thumper at ILB but we also need a space eater in the middle of the DL and I am not sure Raji is it. Also based on the games I have been able to watch we get killed on runs to the outside so another OLB who can play the run would be nice.

Or maybe we have some talent but it is just Caper's Defensive game plans are just not very good?.......... :shrugs:

Raji has played great this season (not sure he'll be worth the money he wants after it, however). The problem is Capers. We have plenty of very talented players on defense - it's our concepts that are getting dominated. Look at that graphic I posted before; we get shredded by the top QB's we face each season, and it's mainly because they can call out our concepts before each snap. We certainly struggled creating any pressure the past few weeks, however.