2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

The Packers are fielding a complete team this year instead of always having the offense carry the team. The last time that happened? 2010. Superb Owl confirmed. Market down!

Btw Charles Woodson is incredible. The guy just turned 39 and is still bringing it.

Edited by Crazyman

Weeden plays like a guy who knows he's not good enough to be in the league and he looks like he's always thinking 'I can't believe they haven't benched me" Fucking bullshit. If Weeden starts the next game the Cowboys have officially announced they've given up on the season.

• Like 1

The Packers are fielding a complete team this year instead of always having the offense carry the team. The last time that happened? 2010. Superb Owl confirmed. Market down!

Btw Charles Woodson is incredible. The guy just turned 39 and is still bringing it.

Raji has been a beast and their pass rush has been relentless. I think the big difference this year is their depth on Defense. They have quality backups at every D position this year so if one man goes down they don't lose much with his backup. Also Rollins and Randall are playing well for rookies.

As long as they don't have too many injuries I like the feel of this team. Once we get Davante Adams back I would expect the offense to pick up a notch. Just a really well balanced team this year.

GM Ted Thompson gets shit on a lot by fans but the man knows what he is doing and does a fantastic job building though the draft.

Bye week is coming just at the right time to give some of our starters extra time to heal. San Diego will be coming into our house on a short week, as they play tonight, so like our changes to go into the break 6-0.

Tough game against Denver coming out of the break. Great Defense but their offense has been underwhelming as their OL is pretty shaky and Manning has been struggling a little. I like our chances if we get Burnett, Adams, Lang, Raji, and Perry back healthy.

Edited by classicrawker

Raji has been a beast and their pass rush has been relentless. I think the big difference this year is their depth on Defense. They have quality backups at every D position this year so if one man goes down they don't lose much with his backup. Also Rollins and Randall are playing well for rookies.

As long as they don't have too many injuries I like the feel of this team. Once we get Davante Adams back I would expect the offense to pick up a notch. Just a really well balanced team this year.

GM Ted Thompson gets shit on a lot by fans but the man knows what he is doing and does a fantastic job building though the draft.

Bye week is coming just at the right time to give some of our starters extra time to heal. San Diego will be coming into our house on a short week, as they play tonight, so like our changes to go into the break 6-0.

Tough game against Denver coming out of the break. Great Defense but their offense has been underwhelming as their OL is pretty shaky and Manning has been struggling a little. I like our chances if we get Burnett, Adams, Lang, Raji, and Perry back healthy.

Someone else who has really looked well (who usually gets shit on) is Datone Jones. I think the defensive line overall has played a lot better, but he's made some pretty big improvements this year so far. Definitely went from a bust to a serviceable player this year.

I agree that Raji is the biggest difference so far on the defense as a whole, along with Matthews moving inside. I know Matthews might not like playing inside as much, but the defense is definitely a lot better when he controls the middle. I think the backfield has been playing lights out so far too, and should only get better when Burnett returns.

Speaking of which, I think we should hold out everyone we did the last game (Burnett, Adams in particular - perhaps Raji and Lang as well) and try to win short-handed. Giving some of those guys 2 weeks off will do them wonders when it comes to playing the rest of the season.

Btw - Peyton currently has more interceptions than touchdowns :lol:

• Like 1

Someone else who has really looked well (who usually gets shit on) is Datone Jones. I think the defensive line overall has played a lot better, but he's made some pretty big improvements this year so far. Definitely went from a bust to a serviceable player this year.

I agree that Raji is the biggest difference so far on the defense as a whole, along with Matthews moving inside. I know Matthews might not like playing inside as much, but the defense is definitely a lot better when he controls the middle. I think the backfield has been playing lights out so far too, and should only get better when Burnett returns.

Speaking of which, I think we should hold out everyone we did the last game (Burnett, Adams in particular - perhaps Raji and Lang as well) and try to win short-handed. Giving some of those guys 2 weeks off will do them wonders when it comes to playing the rest of the season.

Agree about Jones, with the Defense playing so well he has been flying under the radar. Maybe things are starting to click for him, as he is a talented player, but he has a lot of help this year as their pass rush is dominating so far.

I agree holding out the injured players. I think we can beat San Diego coming off a short week at home with the backups.

I don't follow the Broncos very closely, as I don't have any of their players on my FF team, but is Peyton's struggles due to his terrible OL or is he finally starting to lose it fast?

Edited by classicrawker

#WeWantCassel

Weeden fell down yesterday BEFORE the defensive line-man made contact with him.

Instead of trying to avoid the sack, Weeden actually dropped to the ground before any contact was made.

This wasn't a guy coming at 90mph and Weeden trying to avoid getting killed. This was just a guy busting threw the line and sticking his arm out to try and grab him. And Weeden just curled up and fell down.

Russell Wilson does a juke and even if the guy tackles him - instead of a five yard loss he at least gets back to the line of scrimmage.

Cassel be any worse. He is a former All Pro and has led a team to the playoffs. The guy knows how to win, even if his age/skills have diminished. Weeden has never won.

Glad to see the Seahawks blow a game they should have won.

Axlsold - what are you feelings on Sherman only playing one side of the field? I just read this on espn or sportsillustrated or a site like that. But it basically said that the bengals were able to exploit Kam Chancellor for several completions because of Sherman's refusal to play both sides of the field. He only plays on one side (say the right)...meaning opposing teams can have their super star wide receiver stay on the left side of the field. So against the Bengals, they just ignored Sherman's side of the field and blasted Kam's side - which led to the comeback.

Most superstar CB will cover the opposing team's best receiver.

How do you feel about Sherman not doing that - which apparently cost the Seahawks big time yesterday, as Kam couldn't cover his man?

If Brady continues to play at this high level and the Pats go 13-3 or 14-2, would the NFL give Tom Brady the MVP award?

• Like 1

I don't follow the Broncos very closely, as I don't have any of their players on my FF team, but is Peyton's struggles due to his terrible OL or is he finally starting to lose it fast?

Half and half. The terrible OL isn't helping, but he's also made some uncharacteristically bad throws so far as well. He's been baited into throwing at least 2 or 3 of them (by what I've seen), and the rest are more likely due to his lack of arm strength. He reminds me of Brett Favre in 2010 - the only difference is that the Broncos D is one of the best in the league. Gonna be similar to Tebow's year in Denver, I think (aka relying on defense and special teams to keep it close and maybe a clutch drive or two for the win).

Glad to see the Seahawks blow a game they should have won.

Axlsold - what are you feelings on Sherman only playing one side of the field? I just read this on espn or sportsillustrated or a site like that. But it basically said that the bengals were able to exploit Kam Chancellor for several completions because of Sherman's refusal to play both sides of the field. He only plays on one side (say the right)...meaning opposing teams can have their super star wide receiver stay on the left side of the field. So against the Bengals, they just ignored Sherman's side of the field and blasted Kam's side - which led to the comeback.

Most superstar CB will cover the opposing team's best receiver.

How do you feel about Sherman not doing that - which apparently cost the Seahawks big time yesterday, as Kam couldn't cover his man?

If Brady continues to play at this high level and the Pats go 13-3 or 14-2, would the NFL give Tom Brady the MVP award?

To be fair, Sherman did shadow Green after the first few series (and did a good job, at that, when Seattle made that change). A big part of the Bengals' comeback came when they finally started playing aggressive on offense again. Same thing happened in the Baltimore and KC games--the offense comes out aggressive, gets up early, then the play calling gets really conservative through the second and third quarters. Not sure why they do that with the offensive weapons they have--should be taking advantage of them at all times, not just the start and end of games.

In the Seattle game, the Bengals started attacking Cary Williams through the air again in the fourth quarter (like they did in the first). He was really struggling against Jones and Sanu (not only on the completions, but he also had two big pass interferences in the fourth on plays that he was beat). Seattle also really struggled matching up with Eifert (along with a couple of blown coverages against him in the red zone).

Edited by ronaldo9

Do the Chargers actually have fans? That looked like a Steelers home game :lol:

What a finish, though. Game on the line, 5 seconds left, and the best RB on the planet punches it in for the win.

Go Steelers!! :headbang:

best running back in the league, game on the line, sounds familiar........

matt cassel to start for cowboys.

Edited by bran

Ed Werder reporting that Matt Cassel will start for the Cowboys next week against the Giants.

I'm honestly not expecting much, but he can't be worse than Weeden. I just hope that Dez is good to go so that Cassel at least has someone to throw the ball to.

They may as well start Christine Michael at RB while they're at it.

Payton is a pill-head and an average coach. I'm not sure why you'd want him in Miami then again it's Miami and that ownership is a dumpster fire.

thats why i said im not sure how i feel about it. he had the one magical year and had some decent ones but has done nothing since. the dolphin ownership is more like a four alarm fire of a building :lol:

Edited by bran

Saints are a tough team at home and have just enough talent left to pull off upsets there.

The Falcons are a tough team to figure out. They have some talent but always seem to come up short some how. Not sure if it just they never seem to put together a dominating Defense or if Matt Ryan is just one of those QB's who is just not good enough to take the team to the next level. I would not sell them short though because with their offense if the D comes together they will be tough come payoff time. It all comes down to the defense for them IMHO.

• Like 1

I was never a fan of this guy but have to say I think his NFL days are numbered. I never thought he had the arm strength to be an elite QB in the NFL but thought he might find a place on a strong team who could work around his deficiencies. Even with Romo hurt the Cowboys should be happy they did not draft this guy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13904213/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-pulled-arguing-girlfriend-admitted-drinking