2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

A-A-Ron definitely threw some shade at Russell Wilson in his post game press conference.

I'm in love <3 <3 <3

Edit: Carroll was bitching about the fumble in his post game press conference. Bitch please, you got the ultimate call when it comes to possession of the ball in a Seahawks/Packers game. Don't get greedy.

Edited by Crazyman

Nice to see the Seahawks 0-2!!!

Cowboys just Need to play 500 ball until Romo gets back. They are 2-0 with two division wins. And it isn't looking like a very strong division. 9-7 could win it.

Wish they had a scrappy veteran or a young guy, instead they got a mid-aged guy who never held a starting job.

Interesting how terrible D Murray has been. People ripped the cowboys for letting him go.

So does chip Kelly have

Weeden is fairly terrible, but that TD pass that he threw shortly after coming in to the game today gives me some hope.

Their defense is playing lights out and they don't even have Gregory, Hardy, and McClain in there. When those three guys get back in to the lineup, it's going to be the next incarnation of the Doomsday Defense. Even Claiborne and Carr are balling right now.

The defense is going to absolutely HAVE to carry this team until Dez and Romo are healthy.

Also: SEAN FREAKING LEE. That is all. The dude is a BEAST when he's healthy.

Very big win for the Packers last night. Big monkey off their back this early in the season.

Packer GM Ted Thompson took some heat for drafting Ty Montgomery so early in the draft, for a supposed position of strength, but he again is looking like a smart man with how Ty came though on the last drive after D. Adams went down. I just don't get why some Packer fans dump on him so much. He brings a Super Bowl contender to the field every year, never overspends on FA's, and has to be one of best GM at the draft year in and year out.

Can't overestimate what the addition of James Jones has meant to the offense. Only one reception last night, for a TD, but he has to be accounted for and takes the heat off the other receivers. Was happy to see Barclay have a decent game at RT as I was worried he would get Arod killed when Bulaga went down again. Hawks brought some serious heat on Arod but he is amazing avoiding the rush and extending plays.

Nice game by the defense last night and have to give Caper's some props as he was finally able to come up with a scheme to control the Beast and force Wilson to be the focus of their offense. Raji was a big part of the success as he controlled the middle of the line for the D.

If they can get by a tough Chiefs team next Monday night at Lambeau Field they have a good chance of running up some wins as their only road game is against SF until after their bye week. St. Louis and San Diego are good teams but they are coming to Lambeau so home field gives the Pack an edge IMHO. Would be sweet going into the bye 6-0.

Very good sports weekend for me with the Yankees picking up 2 games on the Jays, going into their make or break series tonight, and the Pack winning. Only downside is injuries to Tanaka, who will miss a start against the Jays, and several key Packers and my fantasy team got crushed. I had a lot of underachievers and lost Romo for half the season. Hopefully Cam Newton can pick up the slack for me.

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

Booo to the Yankees stuff, yay to the Packers stuff (minus the injuries part)

Also Raji played like it was 2010. Was pleasently surprised by that. All Jayrone Elliot does is make plays during the preseason, so it was great to see him make them when it counts. Ty Montgomery, too...looks like a stronger version of Cobb.

Just to prove how important it is that the Packers get HFA in the playoffs, here's Rodgers in the last 16 games at home (minus the game he got injured):

15-1, 35.3 PPG

4,605 yards (9.1 Y/A)

347/504 passing (68.6%)

42 TDs 0 INTs

125.3 passer rating

#whew

I didn't know the Packers were very interested in drafting my favorite Steelers LB after Harrison:

Kaepernick is fast, but he's never faced a linebacker as fast as Shazier, who ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at 237-pounds at his pro day. Shazier's pro day also caught the attention of the Green Bay Packers' front office, who planned on taking the linebacker if he fell to the 21st pick.

The Packers were eliminated from the playoffs by the 49ers in 2012 and 2013, and as former BTSC Editor and current Steelers' beat writer for DKonPittsburghSports.com Neal Coolong wrote last August, the Packers felt Shazier could be the answer to neutralizing Kaepernick's scrambling and ability to make throws on the run.

The former first-round draft pick finished the game with 15 tackles, three tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble and a fumble recovery, helping the defense hold the 49ers' offense to just 18 points.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-nfl-regular-season-san-francisco-49ers-tickets-predictions-streaming-game-time-how-to-watch/2015/9/22/9365617/steelers-ilb-ryan-shazier-has-coming-out-party-vs-49ers-in-week-2

I didn't know the Packers were very interested in drafting my favorite Steelers LB after Harrison:

Kaepernick is fast, but he's never faced a linebacker as fast as Shazier, who ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at 237-pounds at his pro day. Shazier's pro day also caught the attention of the Green Bay Packers' front office, who planned on taking the linebacker if he fell to the 21st pick.

The Packers were eliminated from the playoffs by the 49ers in 2012 and 2013, and as former BTSC Editor and current Steelers' beat writer for DKonPittsburghSports.com Neal Coolong wrote last August, the Packers felt Shazier could be the answer to neutralizing Kaepernick's scrambling and ability to make throws on the run.

The former first-round draft pick finished the game with 15 tackles, three tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble and a fumble recovery, helping the defense hold the 49ers' offense to just 18 points.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-nfl-regular-season-san-francisco-49ers-tickets-predictions-streaming-game-time-how-to-watch/2015/9/22/9365617/steelers-ilb-ryan-shazier-has-coming-out-party-vs-49ers-in-week-2

Yep, I remember hoping that we drafted him. We ended up with HaHa Clinton-Dix (Monica Lewinsky's favorite player), who should be really good if he ever learns how to tackle correctly, so I don't mind that much.

Would've been nice, though. Shazier looks like he'll be a beast

I am so, so happy that McCarthy is the coach of my team and not Pete Carroll. Not even specifically for football reasons, just the comparison of respect that I have for each one, and that was certainly magnified after this game.

Just wanted to put that on the record.

thank you for philbin :max:

It's a great trade for the Cowboys. basically swapping 5th and 7th round picks in 2017 but they get Cassel as well. At least he has some experience winning in the league and he's a much better option than someone off the practice squad. Weeden will start but his leash will be VERY short in my opinion.

I am so, so happy that McCarthy is the coach of my team and not Pete Carroll. Not even specifically for football reasons, just the comparison of respect that I have for each one, and that was certainly magnified after this game.

Just wanted to put that on the record.

thank you for philbin :max:

:lol:

I seriously thought he'd work out better than he has. Not really sure what happened to his football IQ after he left

Edit: I know I've talked more than enough about him in this thread, but after reading this article I sincerely believe A-A-Ron hasn't even hit his peak yet. The guy is legitimately nuts about wanting to be the best:

Rodgers needed challenges, Poli says, “like nobody I've ever worked with.” The trainer taped potato chips to the quarterback's heels, forcing him to remain on his toes during drills. He had Rodgers throw at a net affixed to a moving motorcycle in order to improve timing. He had him hurl footballs while running on a treadmill or perform footwork drills while tossing at a laser beam that Poli moved around. “Most athletes have good coordination,” Poli says. “But Aaron can manage, calculate and strategize multiple things at once.”

Link to the article

CO9IHJgVAAAOreS.jpg

Edited by Crazyman

It's a great trade for the Cowboys. basically swapping 5th and 7th round picks in 2017 but they get Cassel as well. At least he has some experience winning in the league and he's a much better option than someone off the practice squad. Weeden will start but his leash will be VERY short in my opinion.

No hate for Cassel from this Bills fan, pun intended.

From our perspective the emergence of Taylor as a starter and improvement from Ej Manuel allowed us to move on.

Your welcome btw cowboy fans for the Bills releasing cassel and signing him back cheaper for cap purposes.

• Like 1