2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Speaking of the Dolphins, they released Brandon Fields. Is he any good? I think the Packers need to take a look at a punter because Tim Masthay went from "really good" to "really shitty" in the blink of an eye.

He was one of if not the best punter in football. Two years ago he had a calf injury and he struggled. Us dolphin fans thought after he healed he would be back to his regular self, but he was all over the place and still didn't look right. When he is right the guy booms the ball. 60-70 yard punts are common and he is a magician at pinning teams inside the ten. He has looked better in the preseason but the rookie the dolphins brought into camp has looked just as good.

The court's opinion said nothing about Brady being innocent. Goodell had a witch hunt out for him (and denied Brady a fair chance to defend himself), which is why the suspension was overturned.

Between Brady curbing the rules and 'Spygate', I still consider that organization shady.

The court's opinion said nothing about Brady being innocent. Goodell had a witch hunt out for him (and denied Brady a fair chance to defend himself), which is why the suspension was overturned.

Between Brady curbing the rules and 'Spygate', I still consider that organization shady.

Really?

So you agree with Roger even though the NFL lied about the psi of the balls, leaked false information and literally had zero evidence that Brady did anything wrong? And Brady claimed innocence from day one.

Man. I truly hope you are never falsely accused of a crime. Claim your innocence. Go to court and win your case but still have people say you must be guilty.

And if not for the catchy nickname then Spygate would barely be remembered. You should go back and read up on what their actual violation was. You might be surprised at what their actual violation was.

If you think the Pats are doing anything different than what every nfl team is - you really are a crazy man.

The Seahawks got nailed for salary cap violations. Have numerous guys get suspended for steroids, and their coach is a known college cheat - are they a shady team?

Jerry Rice said he used an illegal substance for his career to make his hands stickier to catch footballs. A substance that was BANNED by the nfl. Is he a shady player? Is his legacy tarnished???

Several nfl quarterbacks have said they had their equipment guys tamper with the balls.

Sigh.

People will always hate the Patriots.

No matter what the real evidence is. And just ignore all the crap that other nfl teams do.

The PAT's, outside of your new England bubble that is, will go down in history as cheaters, whether or not you like it is irrelevant.

Don't forget there are 31 other NFL cities that don't agree with you. And my guess is if you carried your conversation to one of those cities you would get laughed at.

I'm not saying it's right or you are wrong for feeling the way you do just taking off your red, blue and silver glasses for you so you can see.

like Barry Bonds, and Tiger Woods before him, Brady's name will be synonymous with cheating, the greatest at what they did sports wise, but cheaters.

Really?

So you agree with Roger

No, and at no point did I even hint that I did. I agree that Roger had a witch hunt out for Brady (hence why I said that).

And the zero evidence thing is bullshit. They had evidence of calls and texts between Brady and "The Deflator", just because they don't have the direct link (doesn't help that Brady destroyed his phone) doesn't mean that he's innocent.

And if not for the catchy nickname then Spygate would barely be remembered. You should go back and read up on what their actual violation was. You might be surprised at what their actual violation was.

Assuming things again, I see. Considering I'm a fan of professional football I'll always remember Spygate, regardless of whether or not the name was catchy. And I don't need to read up on the violation because I remember what is was.

If you think the Pats are doing anything different than what every nfl team is - you really are a crazy man.

Again with the assumptions. Did I say anywhere that the Pats were the only team curbing the rules? No. However, it is interesting that, despite the close friendship between Goodell and Kraft (at least before Deflategate), the Patriots were the only team to be punished for their violations?

The Seahawks got nailed for salary cap violations. Have numerous guys get suspended for steroids, and their coach is a known college cheat - are they a shady team?

So did the Cowboys and Redskins a few years back. They were penalized for it and haven't violated it since. All times have PED abusers, it's why testing has become more strict in the past few years. And yes, I think Pete Carroll is shady too.

Jerry Rice said he used an illegal substance for his career to make his hands stickier to catch footballs. A substance that was BANNED by the nfl. Is he a shady player? Is his legacy tarnished???

Tarnished? No. But it is negatively effected by that admission. Same with this and Spygate for Brady. (Especially for Rice though as he blatantly lied about using stickum - even joking about it in this article from '93)

Several nfl quarterbacks have said they had their equipment guys tamper with the balls.

I know, my quarterback was one of them (and ironically it was reported during a game vs. the Pats in the last season). That being said, all of the game balls passed the inspection and there's never been any indication otherwise. Brad Johnson admitting that he did it during the Super Bowl tarnishes that victory for the Bucs, even though it wasn't needed considering the defense they had. Otherwise all of the QB's who have said that have sucked and clearly did not get any extra benefit from doing it.

Sigh. People will always hate the Patriots. No matter what the real evidence is. And just ignore all the crap that other nfl teams do.

I nothing the Patriots. Don't care if they win or lose, however I do care that they play within the rules and considering they've been caught (and punished) several times in the recent past for violating the rules of the game (of which they accepted the penalties for), their legacy during the Belichick era is under question, at least for me.

That goes for any team that routinely cheats the system, not just the Pats.

Edited by Crazyman

I'm glad to see jolly 'ol Roger lose, to be honest. He wields WAY too much power, in terms of discipline and the appeals process that comes afterward. The commissioner should never be the judge, jury and executioner, imo, especially when he is leading a clear witch hunt like this.

The commissioner should never be the judge, jury and executioner, imo, especially when he is leading a clear witch hunt like this.

Actually that is precisely what he can do under his commissioners powers,

this isn't a court of law, if it was they would spend more time in court than on the field.

The owners voted for this very power so that an independent party representing all 32 teams could rule on matters affecting the league to do what is best for the league and not any one individual or any one team, rather to act in the interest of the business as

a whole and keep matters FROM the courts that weren't criminal..

what this judge has done in this case is apply the rule of law outside of the rule of the NFL. Brady's actions to bring suit were not in the interest of football, they were in the interest of Tom Brady.

Which shouldn't surprise anyone who follows Tom Brady.

And to say there was a witch hunt for poor Tom Brady is Pats "nation" protecting their Queen

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/unfairacts

Edited by shades

I'm glad to see jolly 'ol Roger lose, to be honest. He wields WAY too much power, in terms of discipline and the appeals process that comes afterward. The commissioner should never be the judge, jury and executioner, imo, especially when he is leading a clear witch hunt like this.

the judge lopped goodells balls off.

the thing is to me when it comes to goodell its not even about his power. the NFLPA signed off on his power with the CBA. to me its about how wildly inconsistent he is with it. terrelle pryor gets something like 5 games for getting free tattoos while in college. greg hardy is despicable and had his suspension reduced almost in half. with brady i would have been fine with 1 game for the incident and 1 for not cooperating, and on appeal i would have no problem with just having the 1 game. i think the next CBA is going to be a mess, i just want this shit to be over i just want to watch and talk about football.

• Like 1

The commissioner should never be the judge, jury and executioner, imo, especially when he is leading a clear witch hunt like this.

I know. I'm saying the NFLPA put themselves in this position by yielding to him and the owners during negotiations.

And yes, there was a witch hunt against Brady. Have you read the court's opinion?

The NFL didn't:

Properly inform Brady of the punishment he faced

Let Brady's defense question Jeff Pash (NFL executive and counsel) during his appeal

Let Brady's defense team review the evidence against him

He also put the independent in independent investigation into quotations several times throughout his ruling. Also, this is the hand picked court of the NFL.

Both Brady and Goodell curbed the rules of their respective jobs. Both were in the wrong in doing what they did.

the thing is to me when it comes to goodell its not even about his power. the NFLPA signed off on his power with the CBA. to me its about how wildly inconsistent he is with it. terrelle pryor gets something like 5 games for getting free tattoos while in college. greg hardy is despicable and had his suspension reduced almost in half. with brady i would have been fine with 1 game for the incident and 1 for not cooperating, and on appeal i would have no problem with just having the 1 game. i think the next CBA is going to be a mess, i just want this shit to be over i just want to watch and talk about football.

Bingo, including the acceptable suspension for Brady. In fact that's what I was originally thinking Brady would get.

I know. I'm saying the NFLPA put themselves in this position by yielding to him and the owners during negotiations.

And yes, there was a witch hunt against Brady. Have you read the court's opinion?

The NFL didn't:

Properly inform Brady of the punishment he faced

Let Brady's defense question Jeff Pash (NFL executive and counsel) during his appeal

Let Brady's defense team review the evidence against him

He also put the independent in independent investigation into quotations several times throughout his ruling. Also, this is the hand picked court of the NFL.

Both Brady and Goodell curbed the rules of their respective jobs. Both were in the wrong in doing what they did.

Bingo, including the acceptable suspension for Brady. In fact that's what I was originally thinking Brady would get.

i thought he would definitely get the 2 games and on appeal would have had it knocked down to 1. i think the cover up is worse than the crime, if brady would have came out and said " i like my footballs a certain way and if the measurements came out below what is acceptable, that is on me and i take full responsibility" i think he would have at the worst got the 1 game but even then i think its just a hefty fine and the loss of picks.

• Like 1

Back to actual Football, Brett Hundley looked really good once again. In a few years the Packers are gonna be able to trade him for a high draft pick.

Also Jeff Janis with ANOTHER preseason touchdown. If only he can get on the field during the regular season and perform like that.

Finally I saw a tweeted picture of the Bears and Jets stadiums during their preseason games...almost no one in the crowd at all (in the two biggest markets). Lambeau Field? Sold out yet again. I love this team.

Back to actual Football, Brett Hundley looked really good once again. In a few years the Packers are gonna be able to trade him for a high draft pick.

Also Jeff Janis with ANOTHER preseason touchdown. If only he can get on the field during the regular season and perform like that.

Finally I saw a tweeted picture of the Bears and Jets stadiums during their preseason games...almost no one in the crowd at all (in the two biggest markets). Lambeau Field? Sold out yet again. I love this team.

Yeah Hundley has looked very poised and has outperformed the other rookie QB's drafted ahead of him. Imagine how good he could be in a couple of years once he learns the offense. Looks like Ted might have gotten a steal in the 5th round.

lots of tough cuts in the next couple of hours. barkley traded to the cards for a 7th rounder,so im guessing tebow will make the eagles? im a gator fan so i will always be a fan of tebow even though he isnt a great nfl qb, but a third stringer that can come in on 4th and short or a goal line situation is a nice little weapon to have.

You won't catch me defending the Patriots as an Eagles fan...ever. We lost the Super Bowl to them by 3 freaking points in the middle of their "spy gate" years. I was at the game and couldn't understand how their defense seemed to know the exact plays that were coming by the time the ball was snapped...made no sense at the time but in hindsight...it does.

They basically robbed the city of Philadelphia a Super Bowl trophy...no way they win that game without cheating.