2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Eagles are looking good so far....after two pre-season games, I predict a 12-4 season with a decent playoff run.....of course, my prediction could change before the start of the regular season, depending on how they look from this point out, injuries, etc.

After three you'll be predicting 16-0, as the Packers are likely holding their starters out the third game (when you usually play them the longest).

lol....I heard....I guess it's because most of their o-line is injured apparently....

Indeed, so the QB is also out. Lacy and maybe the WR's play a few series, but I'm not sure.

Also we've been injured on defense the entire post season so far. Thankfully everyone should be ready for opening day (sans Jordy :( )

Hoping my Steelers can retain the North with all the 1st round draft picks on LB finally paying off this year and Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell staying healthy.

Fix your field! :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

Eagles are looking good so far....after two pre-season games, I predict a 12-4 season with a decent playoff run.....of course, my prediction could change before the start of the regular season, depending on how they look from this point out, injuries, etc.

After three you'll be predicting 16-0, as the Packers are likely holding their starters out the third game (when you usually play them the longest).

lol....I heard....I guess it's because most of their o-line is injured apparently....

Not only will Rodgers not be playing but Tolzien may have a concussion so he may not play. You should see rookie QB Hundley and FA QB Blanchard playing QB. I feel sorry for them as they are going to be running for their lives with Don Barclay looking like a revolving door at left tackle for the Pack. The rest of the backup OL is pretty serviceable but Barclay has been a disaster this preseason.

Edited by classicrawker

Do you think Sam Bradford can get the job done? I'm from St. Louis and have watched him since he got drafted. He didn't have an offensive line to protect him, and then he was injured for the past 2 years. Your thoughts?

Do you think Sam Bradford can get the job done? I'm from St. Louis and have watched him since he got drafted. He didn't have an offensive line to protect him, and then he was injured for the past 2 years. Your thoughts?

On paper, talent wise...Yes. His deep ball (or lack there of) is concerning and something I'd like to see addressed during the preseason..and of course, his durability could also be an issue.

Martavis Bryant suspended 4 games. Thank God my fantasy draft got pushed back to the 30th :lol:

Edit: Letroy Guion's suspension is upheld. 3 games.

I think Guion got off easy IMHO considering what he had on him when he was arrested. Hard to understand the crazy NFL personal conduct rules now.

• Like 1

Washington is being really fucking stupid right now. They need to get a fresh start, from top down. First they were gonna bring back RG3 to play a week after he sustained a concussion in the preseason, now they decided not to and hold him out for the rest of the preseason. Oh, and now Kirk Cousins is gonna start week 1, too.

Snyder needs to go. Gruden needs to go. Whoever their GM is needs to go. They need to get rid of RG3 and get something for him while he still has value. They've absolutely handled him in the worst way possible and probably ruined his career because of it. It goes back to when Shanahan was coach.

That team is the ultimate mess right now.

Edit: Also I know a few pages back I said RG3 could succeed if he had the right tools around him (and stayed healthy). The more I think about it, I don't think he'll progress. He's done, imo.

Edited by Crazyman

Martavis Bryant suspended 4 games. Thank God my fantasy draft got pushed back to the 30th :lol:

Edit: Letroy Guion's suspension is upheld. 3 games.

I think Guion got off easy IMHO considering what he had on him when he was arrested. Hard to understand the crazy NFL personal conduct rules now.

Kick your wife's teeh in, sit out a half. Deflate a ball, 4 games. Seems like the only conduct they care about is if it directly affects the outcome of a football game. And I'm not saying Brady should get less, BTW.

• Like 1

Told you!

Also great...Randall Cobb was playing for some reason and is now injured as well! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Get ready for the return of the PackIRs!

:(

Edited by Crazyman

Told you!

Also great...Randall Cobb was playing for some reason and is now injured as well! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

lol

I'm just glad Bradford looked really good out there....incredibly accurate.....

suh, vernon, wake, mitchell :wub: poor matt ryan

offense for the dolphins was way too vanilla but tannehill looked great again and jarvis landry keeps improving. the oline was all fucked up not having 3 starters really sucks but its preseason, pouncey says he is fine albert will be back shortly and thomas can go back to guard.

that defensive front for the dolphins though..........

Packers dodged the injury bug tonight. Cobb sounds like he'll be alright. Bulaga had a bruise and Hyde had a neck spasm.

Also Jeff Janis, the preseason based God, caught another touchdown. Monty had a nice 52 yard reception as well. Myles White had an impressive catch and played well. Those guys really need to step up with Jordy out for the year.

Packers dodged the injury bug tonight. Cobb sounds like he'll be alright. Bulaga had a bruise and Hyde had a neck spasm.

Also Jeff Janis, the preseason based God, caught another touchdown. Monty had a nice 52 yard reception as well. Myles White had an impressive catch and played well. Those guys really need to step up with Jordy out for the year.

So was the defense as bad as the score first half? I did not get the game here in Massachusetts but the Eagles put up some scary stats.

So was the defense as bad as the score first half? I did not get the game here in Massachusetts but the Eagles put up some scary stats.

Yeah, we definitely got torched in the first half. Very poor showing by the defense. I'm not too nervous though, considering it's preseason. We're usually pretty poor on defense in the preseason, probably because we play very vanilla defense.

Told you!

lol

So...you're basing all of this on Sam Bradford...OK, now I know you're fucked up.

Told you!

lol

So...you're basing all of this on Sam Bradford...OK, now I know you're fucked up.

What do you mean? Of course Bradford needs to remain healthy for the Eagles to have a great season. They will do much better with Bradford at the helm vs Sanchez

Both defenses look really good, bran. Fuck i'm worried about our O-Line though. You guys have a beast defense line. That shit is serious. Suh was a huge pickup.

yeah both defenses were good, good defensive game.

• Like 1

Yeah, we definitely got torched in the first half. Very poor showing by the defense. I'm not too nervous though, considering it's preseason. We're usually pretty poor on defense in the preseason, probably because we play very vanilla defense.

Defense and special teams were atrocious.

Saw the replay this morning on NFL network and some positives on offense though Hundley look very good for a rookie QB. Very poised and made things happen with his feet. Backup OL was solid for a change. Even Barclay played decent at LT so maybe he is coming around although I think they have a real find in Walker as he can play guard and looks like a decent job at OT. I was also impressed with Montgomery as he looks like he is going to be a good one and with Jordy out we are going to need him to come on fast.

Edited by classicrawker

Saw the replay this morning on NFL network and some positives on offense though Hundley look very good for a rookie QB. Very poised and made things happen with his feet. Backup OL was solid for a change. Even Barclay played decent at LT so maybe he is coming around although I think they have a real find in Walker as he can play guard and looks like a decent job at OT. I was also impressed with Montgomery as he looks like he is going to be a good one and with Jordy out we are going to need him to come on fast.

Not to mention Janis caught another TD. The Jordy production is gonna have to come from a combination of Monty, Janis and White.

Also, go figure I draft Fred Jackson late as a backup...then he gets cut several hours later :lol:

Not to mention Janis caught another TD. The Jordy production is gonna have to come from a combination of Monty, Janis and White.

Also, go figure I draft Fred Jackson late as a backup...then he gets cut several hours later :lol:

I have my draft next Monday and I have the 2nd pick. I know the experts say grab a running back in the first round but was thinking of grabbing Rodgers or Luck as it is tough to pass up on 40 TD's.

I have my draft next Monday and I have the 2nd pick. I know the experts say grab a running back in the first round but was thinking of grabbing Rodgers or Luck as it is tough to pass up on 40 TD's.

True, but QB's are slowly getting faded out of fantasy (at least in standard leagues). I drafted Romo (I puked a little) in like the 6th round or something. Too many QB's are passing for a ton of yards and TD's to make it worthwhile. The lulziest moment was someone drafted Eli Manning in like the second or third round in my draft :lol:

Here's my draft from last night btw (with the 4th pick; 12 team league). A solid but not flashy team...drafted for a midseason push as that's where I went bad last year.

hYpyhQ.jpg

Edited by Crazyman

True, but QB's are slowly getting faded out of fantasy (at least in standard leagues). I drafted Romo (I puked a little) in like the 6th round or something. Too many QB's are passing for a ton of yards and TD's to make it worthwhile. The lulziest moment was someone drafted Eli Manning in like the second or third round in my draft :lol:

Here's my draft from last night btw (with the 4th pick; 12 team league). A solid but not flashy team...drafted for a midseason push as that's where I went bad last year.

hYpyhQ.jpg

Fair point! So if you had the second pick who would you take? RB's Bell, Lacy, Peterson, Charles and Lynch (I had him last year)seem to be at the top of everyone's list of best players.

We have a protection league but this year is a non protection draft so we have a snaking draft so while I have the second pick in the first round I don't pick again until the end of RD 2 so my first pick needs to be a big producer.

(picture)

Fair point! So if you had the second pick who would you take? RB's Bell, Lacy, Peterson, Charles and Lynch (I had him last year)seem to be at the top of everyone's list of best players.

We have a protection league but this year is a non protection draft so we have a snaking draft so while I have the second pick in the first round I don't pick again until the end of RD 2 so my first pick needs to be a big producer.

Any of those RB's are good. AP went first in my league, and I took Bell with the 4th (I had 4th last year too and took Charles). Honestly you can't go wrong with any of them at that spot.

We have the same draft style. I'd rather have the last pick in the first round so you get the next pick. The only time that happened we had a different style, so I didn't get the next pick, but I took Brees in the first round. I ended up going 15-1 and winning the championship that year, so taking a QB in round one isn't the worst, but only if you have the last pick would I advise it. In your case I'd go RB/WR/QB or RB in that order. You can still get really good value that late at QB if you choose (like Brees, Manning or Big Ben, for example).

Here's the draft I'm talking about (2013):

SC9Ylx.jpg

And the results:

8Mrx2f.jpg

Edited by Crazyman