The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Zou Shimming lost. Could see it coming really.

. Didnt see that headline yet. Not surprised though. Champions are champions for a reason. Zou needs more time in the ring. He'll be back. Hope this don't give Freddie any bad mojo for Pac.

Len, you got me interested in Ewbank. He's abit more polished then I thought. Have you seen this yet??

He's training with Floyd and them too. My only issue with Little Chris is his lack of quality experience and his lack of having been in the game from REAL early on. Believe it or not it's actually not ever so hard to do what the greats do, in terms of their skill set. I mean it's hard but you can do it, you can practise and do it. But it is the bedding in process of those instincts and abilities, the experience to manage your skills, to judge fighters, the poise and reflexive calm with which a true professional executes his work, THAT is what Little Chris is missing. He's still very good though, has all the potential in the world and a really decent skill set and natural tools. And he needs to develop the ability to suss out the tide of a fight and make adjustments.

I like his calm though, his poise, his total emotionlessness, though i do think it is very well managed emotionlessness, they know what they're doing and the unaffected image they are trying to create, it's a wilful thing. Works great though.

As for Zou, Christ the guy hadn't fought any decent competition yet and he was welts the size of golfballs on his eyes in fights and all that. This is the thing about talented foreign fighters, a lot of them are from countries who don't have a big tradition of boxing and as such all the natural skills in the world just go out the window cuz they ain't taught right. This is why no set of fighters will be as good as black Americans for many many years simply because it's just bedded in there, it's a thing passed down from generations, perfected styles, all these different ways of doing it. It's pure boxing and it's perfected to a T.

Edited by Len B'stard

Yea, I agree with you. I come from the same home town as Lou Saverese. A Tyson victim in 36 seconds. Prior to their fight I was having a debate with some locals about Lous chances. They couldn't grasp the fact that guys like Tyson, Holyfeild, Floyd etc.. have a different inate quality about them that takes them to an elite level. The casual fans imo, can hardly see the skill of the elite fighters because the details are small but immeasurable. But to also have that mental edge, animal instinct, whatever it's called is something that isn't taught. That's what seperates the greats from the legends.

• Like 1

Poor Lou, he never stood a chance. Some trivia for you, Tyson at the end of the fight says he just buried his best friend Darryl Baums at the end of that fight 'I dedicate this fight to my friend Darryl Baums'. Darryl 'Hommo' Baums was a gangster from New York, reputedly the man who shot 50 Cent 9 times. He showed up dead weeks later and word is 50 Cent is the reason why. He even mentions him in a song on first album:

n the bible it says, what goes around, comes around

Hommo shot me, three weeks later he got shot down
Now it's clear that I'm here, for a real reason
'Cause he got hit like I got hit, but he ain't fucking breathing

Edited by Len B'stard

Hadn't heard that before, good bit. The same section of NYC that have us Mike also have us Zab Judah and Riddick Bowe. There was another one too, can't remember who though. Point being, all those dudes and 50 etc came from a bad place.

There's supposed to be a pre fight show on called: corner to corner, of course my local cable company has decided to put a ridiculous meaningless college basketball game on instead.

Scratch that, it's on...

Edited by T.wa.T

I heard Cotto makes 50 million dollars for three fights and Roc Nation are also rumoured to be getting him a shoe deal lol, can't blame him, he's never been the best of the best but a solid fighter who dared to take on the (crippled yet still dangerous) middleweight champ, Pacman and Floyd didn't. I know he's blatantly ducking Golovkin, who can blame him, he's in the position where he can fight anyone and sell out arenas, smart business move. Arum is pissed but no doubt he was trying to use him like he uses everyone.

Thurman vs Guerrero will be interesting, can't really hold Ghost's Mayweather fight against him, he's never anywhere near that level, Thurman MIGHT be, we'll see how he comes out of this tough test. If he stops Guerrero I dunno whether to be impressed cause it's not like Guerrero is elite or been in with massive punchers, Guerrero is above average in everything, can do a bit of anything but master of absolutely nothing. He's good rough housing punks lol. Nothing against him, he's entertaining and always brings it but nothing really shines about him. He never stopped trying against Floyd but was getting smashed up, Floyd hasn't had a killer instinct since he got to 147 and the heavier guys but against Mosley and Cotto he tried finishing them, and damn nearly did. He could've stopped Guerrero imo and was putting a whooping on Canelo but he is safety first and that;s how he rolls.

Broner is in for a surprise if he hasn't trained properly (you never know with this fool), I don't mind him, he's pushed lightweights around a lot but he's very talented, just not as good as he believes. Molina put Matthysse on his ass twice, he's coming off two losses which is pretty bad, should've got some confidence first but I guess you don't turn this platform down. Molina can crack but I expect UD Broner then again everyone said that about Maidana, we'll see if he's learned now he's in with a puncher again.

• Like 1

Broner has masses of talent but he long suffered the delusion it was enough to emulate a diluted Mayweather without half of his dedication and achievements... he got very comfortable and utterly deluded and Maidana battered him from pillar to post. He thought he could skip 140, what an idiot. He has fought two respectable but not threatening in the slightest opponents, now comes another puncher who will test his defense (Broner is actually more offensive than defensive due to the fact he has been used to hitting far lighter guys and weak punchers) and we will see if he can keep a guy off him who bashed up Matthysse in a fight of the year whilst doing enough to get the win. Molina is no Maidana but damn the guy can hold his own despite coming off two losses.

Like I said Molina ain't no Maidana, there's no relentless pressure or setting up of traps... Broner hasn't ran either, stood in the pocket mostly and the subtle movements, Molina was effective against Matthysse cause well Matthysse is a banger too lol. The guy is coming off two losses remember, he's a formidable foe obviously up for clattering Broner but you need some form of strategy and URGENCY... went as expected since Broner was prepared well.

Don't know why the crowd are booing, I get Broner is a nobhead but he didn't do anything wrong tonight, he didn't run or stink the joint up, I guess I'm a fair fan at the end of the day lol.

LOL broner doing that canman shit again ANYONE CANNNNN GET IT, AFRICANS, MEXICANS, DOMINICANS, AMERICANS, ANYBODY CAN GET IT!!!! Shame Maidana was the can opener.

I think GGG and Rigondeaux are the only fighters avoided more than One Time, there's a reason he's been steered away from so much, Guerrero is a decent enough test but if you're the next big thing at the money division you oughta put The Ghost away 8-4 minimum or stop him. Guerrero actually did better than Alvarez against Mayweather, I know Canelo had one farcical game plan but he was no worse than most other Mayweather opponents. It's a tough one to gauge cause Thurman has fought 'okay' guys so far and done what he needed, Guerrero fought 'okay' guys except for Floyd but Thurman's ceiling seems a lot higher by the skills I've seen.

I love Thurman though he's so honest and sometimes a funny guy, he don't care about his 0 either as he keeps repeating.

Good showing from Thurman. Geurero was a good test who showed alot of heart. Good solid fight...I'm glad it went the distance for both fighters.

Was talking to my brother about how there was NO infighting in either of the first two fights, then Ghost pins Thurman on the ropes and they both trade punches head to head , good stuff.

Overall, Id say it was an ok showcase for the PBC. I can live without the WWE ring entrances. The crowd was lame, typical US crowd clueless to what is going on in the ring. I hope they move the venue to a smaller place to liven it up. Commenting was ok, but that's it. I guess I'm a bit disappointed by that being that Al Michels, Marv Albert and Sugar Ray are some of my favorites but its not all there fault.

The Mares v Reyes fight has some good action as one would expect for featherweights.

• Like 1

Can't believe the idiots were booing the next round after that epic what was it round 10? Stupid fucks! Guerrero got some balls alright, a lot of those shots would've decked most others, Thurman is lethal but this is what happens when you fight the durable guys, the question should be who else between 140 and 154 could've fought Ghost toe to toe and drop him? I read some people saying 'he beat him better than Floyd', that;s all in the eye of the beholder, Floyd potshotted and moved until the later rounds where he unloaded some impressive combinations, never tore it up and stood in the pocket like he did with Maidana, Cotto and Canelo. Thurman proved he could slug and box but lacked an inside game when it came to that. He also beat the shit out of him up close and personal. Then again, I'd like to see Thurman vs Maidana and see how he comes out of that but Maidana wants Garcia.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think Ghost did enough to get another big fight. Dude can take a punch for sure. He was definatly the crowd favorite for his heart.

Thurman was sharp throughout and kept dropping that straight right. He seemed to fade after that big round when they traded. That said he looks ready to compete at the next level but not Floyd/ Manny level. Hes very headstrong to, which I liked.

I actually kinda liked Broner last night,as a person. In the ring he didnt show any killer instinct against a punching bag. I think hes all flash and when he fights a legit fighter will lose again. He does have good defence though.

Molina, ugh, what a disappointment. He froze, and could not let his hands go. Shame to cus when he did, he was effective. Would have been a better fight had he been more aggressive. He was a bit slow. Maybe rehydrating hurt him? I doubt we'll see him in a mojor fight again. Maybe his freinds death was a problem to, I noticed they didnt show him training much in the preshow...

Can't believe the idiots were booing the next round after that epic what was it round 10? Stupid fucks! Guerrero got some balls alright, a lot of those shots would've decked most others, Thurman is lethal but this is what happens when you fight the durable guys, the question should be who else between 140 and 154 could've fought Ghost toe to toe and drop him? I read some people saying 'he beat him better than Floyd', that;s all in the eye of the beholder, Floyd potshotted and moved until the later rounds where he unloaded some impressive combinations, never tore it up and stood in the pocket like he did with Maidana, Cotto and Canelo. Thurman proved he could slug and box but lacked an inside game when it came to that. He also beat the shit out of him up close and personal. Then again, I'd like to see Thurman vs Maidana and see how he comes out of that but Maidana wants Garcia.

Man, Thurman v Maidana would be a ripper. Maidana might even win that one. It'd be good for sure. I noticed the lack of infighting to. In both fights, but in the Thurman v Guerrero fight it was very obvious that when Ghost finally got him on the ropes Keith was the lesser of the 2. Maybe he was tired idk, but Ghost definatly exposed a hole in Thurman there. Keith put his jogging shoes on after that, lol

Anyone know why the Broner fight was for 12 rounds?

Edited by T.wa.T
  • Like 1

Heres the fight schedule for the next few weeks

http://www.premierboxingchampions.com/boxing-schedule

Porter v Garcia should be a blast.

Berto v Lopez is a nice matchup but Im looking forward moreso to the other fight next week

Porter v Garcia head 2 head

http://www.premierboxingchampions.com/porter-vs-garcia

Edited by T.wa.T